• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Quitting of SMRT CFOs shows how clueless the CEO is

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
n all my years of working experience in IT, as a project manager and now as CIO, I have found that the best CFOs I’ve ever worked with can be very difficult sometimes, but at the same time, they can also be the best ally you have. Let me explain.

This is because when they are being difficult, they are doing it for a very good reason: they know how to ask all the right questions to make sure that the financial, compliance and legal bases are covered (where the company doesn’t have legal counsel to fall back on), and to make sure that all the operating costs and project costs are correctly planned and estimated.

Once you can take your project proposal to the CFO and answer all their questions, they will be on your side when you take it to the CEO or steering committee for review and approval.

Having the CFO on your side is a very strong endorsement to management that your project has been planned meticulously and covered from all angles. They are like your second set of “radar” in case anything can go wrong (and every project will have things you couldn’t anticipate for.)

This rotating door at SMRT with their CFOs, with an ex-army CEO, really only shows how clueless the CEO and his masters are. This is a case of “people want to help you but you are just too incompetent to be helped.”

Can you imagine, if we actually went to war with this clown in charge, someone who cannot work with his “senior officers”, what the outcome will be?

* Comment appeared in: SMRT CFO quits only after eight months

http://www.tremeritus.com/2014/11/27/quitting-of-smrt-cfos-shows-how-clueless-the-ceo-is/

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
It only shows how hard it is to run a profitable and efficient public transportation company. That is why we must reward the CEO for his stewardship and persistence.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When u have a CEO that's chartering out trains to a school for their Sunday soccer match at a cheap cheap price and sub optimal capacity,any CFO whose sane and worth his salt would quit too before the shit hits the fan when he sees what's coming.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
See how incompetent PAP are... Oh my god.. Sinkie losers even offer their ass to them.