• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

US woman complains about 'ridiculously cheap clothing from Singapore'

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
US woman complains about 'ridiculously cheap clothing from Singapore'
Posted on 27 November 2014 | 1,102 views | 2 comments

PHOTO: Suburbanturmoil.com, Internet screengrabs
AsiaOne,
Wednesday, Nov 26

Ever bought a beautiful dress online only to find out when it reaches you that it is nothing more than a stretchy T-shirt that barely comes down over your hips?

That is the experience of an American mum from Nashville Tennessee, after she ordered several items from an online shopping site, purportedly from Singapore, reports AsiaOne.

In her blog post on Nov 21, titled "This is what happens when you order ridiculously cheap clothing from Singapore", Ms Lindsay Ferrier details her buying process from the site.

Ms Ferrier explains how was she was enticed by the designs of the coats and sweaters, as well as the astonishingly low price. She wrote: "Most of the dresses (on the site) would get a girl arrested for indecent exposure if she were to wear one of them in public.

"But when I looked at the coats and sweaters, I found plenty of options I loved. And the prices were AH-MAZ-ING. "Tops were US$10 - US$15 (S$13 - S$20)! Sweaters were US$15-US$20! And coats were all under US$40!

"Even though (the name of the site) is located in Singapore, the site offered free shipping - or expedited shipping with a tracking number for just US$1.20. Yes. You read that right. US$1.20."

However, the mother of two young children had a nasty surprise when the clothes arrived. In photos which Ms Ferrier posted, where she parades the items that she purchased, it was clear the sizes listed were grossly misrepresented.

This happened even though Ms Ferrier claimed she measured herself carefully and ordered a size larger than her usual. Of the four items she had ordered, none fit her. The coat was apparently too tight and not made of wool, as advertised.

A dress came up to her hips, another top had holes in them, and a long sweater settled in "an unflattering spot" on her upper hips. To add to the hilarity, Ms Ferrier got her 10-year-old daughter to try on the clothes and based on photos, they fit her like a glove.

But a check with the website found that the company is not registered in Singapore, but in Shenzhen, China. The post which Ms Ferrier shared on Facebook also got the attention of netizens from Singapore.

Many left comments on Ms Ferrier's blogpost, pointing out that the e-commerce site is actually from China. They also highlighted that many Singapore blog shops offer decent quality clothes, coupled with good customer service.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dosnt she know our president has been known as the prime miniature?

stupid ang mohs dunno how big they are?

when ever a ang moh women is walking towards me on orchard rd,i feel like a midget.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"But when I looked at the coats and sweaters, I found plenty of options I loved. And the prices were AH-MAZ-ING. "Tops were US$10 - US$15 (S$13 - S$20)! Sweaters were US$15-US$20! And coats were all under US$40!

But a check with the website found that the company is not registered in Singapore, but in Shenzhen, China. The post which Ms Ferrier shared on Facebook also got the attention of netizens from Singapore.

Dumb broad probably didn't know that Tiong merchandise, while AH-MAZ-ING in price, usually aren't AH-MAZ-ING in quality. :rolleyes:

Go on, be a cheapskate like the rest of the Black Friday zombies. :cool: