• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Raffles Institution in the 60s and 70s ..... where are the guys now?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wow, you kept those car decals or stickers from 1970!
We were financially poor, and did not own a motor vehicle.

lee6100

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow, you kept those car decals or stickers from 1970!
We were financially poor, and did not own a motor vehicle.

Just buy for souvenir lah; me used to take Hock Lee Bus to RI Bras Basah.

Ang Pow '69 didn't have car decal otherwise I would have bought those too. :smile:

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I sort of remember there was a 2102 Scout who went to Medical school....he returned often to coach the scouts. I later heard he committed suicide.... anyone remember him?

So what happen to the rest of this Generation? Any other news?

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Other then Dr Susan Lim, there was another Susan Lim from RGS/RI. She joined the Crescendos at 14 whilst at RGS.

'The Crescendos were the very first Singapore group to sign a recording contract with an international record label, Philips, in 1963. Fronted by the legendary Susan Lim, who became Singapore's very first local superstar, The Crescendos ushered in The Golden Era of Singapore Pop Music, the 60's.'

crescendos.jpg

Susan later obtained an Honours degree in Social Science, but disappeared whilst swimming at the East Coast of Malaysia

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
11401326_386907144837428_3294562802551391304_n.jpg

Behind this block was a small canteen. One day in 1968(?) the old canteen operator was found dead in the school toilet next to the canteen......

This block also housed the school science labs............with their silly bunsen burners......

11401377_386907121504097_492642255000263649_n.jpg

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
12049455_762049847240495_3519730325677931365_n.jpg

1987 farewell for teacher Tan Kim Cheng........ This guy got a fantastic voice on the parade grounds....

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ismail Hamid was only a DPP if I remember correctly.

William Phua came from a rich family, his parent run a Phua Property at Tanglin Rd, was caught for under declare on income tax, paid the heavy penalty and migrate overseas probably Australia.

William Phua RI was a very good sprinter, those days he be chauffeur to Monks Hill Secondary School under City district, he would show off his running spike
shoes and all other fancy stuff where other school children would adored
The other good sprinter I used to compete was Kok Moon Seng much shorter than me but hell of a sprinter, run like a horse! I am always second to him!!

Just wondering where is Kok Moon Seng today??

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm from SJI. I should know.
But you aren't wrong either as he did studied in at pats too prior to SJI.
He was the first queens scholar....SJI hall of fame has his name etched there

no wonder you ain't so smart, i am from your neighbour school.:rolleyes: