• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Do Some Women Like to Smoke?

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Smoking is bad whether you are a man or a woman. We are all well aware of its dangers.

Ok...I must admit that I do smoke when entertaining clients or when I drink... otherwise I generally avoid it as it becomes a chore having to look for a smoking zone in Sgp... bearing in mind now that most smoking zones are in the hot sun / rain without shelter.

Just had an early lunch with a new lady subordinate who just joined us. So bought her welcome lunch lor. She is about 30+.

So after early lunch which ended before noon...she suggested we have a kopi. So I suggested Starbucks or Coffeebean.

She tells me Nope! Huh!?!

She says she wanna to go to a nearby kopishop where she can smoke!
I say ok ok...

I am wondering why Woman like to smoke ... is life in Sinkipore so stressful?

Anyway...ok lah...so we had kopi. And of course i was admiring the way she held her ciggee...quite chic and classy....you know hor...sometimes i see some lians smoke...i faint...damn lian when they puff and squint their puny slit eyes...yucks...

Before our kopi-get-to-know-each-other session ended....I told her it is not good for women to smoke as they usually have more womb or breast diseases associated with smoking... she smiled at me.

...... hahahaha ...... :biggrin:

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Smoking is bad whether you are a man or a woman. We are all well aware of its dangers.

Ok...I must admit that I do smoke when entertaining clients or when I drink... otherwise I generally avoid it as it becomes a chore having to look for a smoking zone in Sgp... bearing in mind now that most smoking zones are in the hot sun / rain without shelter.

Just had an early lunch with a new lady subordinate who just joined us. So bought her welcome lunch lor. She is about 30+.

So after early lunch which ended before noon...she suggested we have a kopi. So I suggested Starbucks or Coffeebean.

I say ok ok...

Anyway...ok lah...so we had kopi. And of course i was admiring the way she held her ciggee...quite chic and classy....you know hor...sometimes i see some lians smoke...i faint...damn lian when they puff and squint their puny slit eyes...yucks...

Before our kopi-get-to-know-each-other session ended....I told her it is not good for women to smoke as they usually have more womb or breast diseases associated with smoking... she smiled at me.

Ah Meng: Your body is the temple of God, you should not smoke and destroy the temple of God.

Lady: Ya, I know. Smoking is bad, but you know? My spirit is willing but my flesh is weak.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Ah Meng: Your body is the temple of God, you should not smoke and destroy the temple of God.

Lady: Ya, I know. Smoking is bad, but you know? My spirit is willing but my flesh is weak.

What has smoking got to do with religion!?!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cigarette/tobacco smoking is actually becoming less attractive in advanced societies where people are more educated. In newly industrialized countries like Singapore, smoking among adults has seen a reduction among males but an increase among females (I do not have statistics to support this, but just from observation). I think it is because of women gaining in gender equality, and increase in self/personal decision making. This is what I attribute to the numbers explanation. As for 'liking" to smoke - that is a personal thing which I think it is more the desire to smoke rather than actually "liking" to smoke. Myself, I quit over ten years already, social reasons, and I don't need it.

Cheers!

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Cigarette/tobacco smoking is actually becoming less attractive in advanced societies where people are more educated. In newly industrialized countries like Singapore, smoking among adults has seen a reduction among males but an increase among females (I do not have statistics to support this, but just from observation). I think it is because of women gaining in gender equality, and increase in self/personal decision making. This is what I attribute to the numbers explanation. As for 'liking" to smoke - that is a personal thing which I think it is more the desire to smoke rather than actually "liking" to smoke. Myself, I quit over ten years already, social reasons, and I don't need it.

Cheers!

True..... nowadays everywhere i see more women puffing away like chimneys

JOKERCHEW

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro AhMeng,
so nice to hear from you again.
thot you went for presentation, very busy.
men and women smoke, same reasons.
stress, follow their peers, etc.
and actually wasting money.

Btw, i got a pic of us travelling to the West.
taken many thousand of years ago.
regret could not post here as file size too big.

have a nice day.
tomorrow, its friday!

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aiyoh, you no catch her hint.. she wanna smoke your "cigar"' lah... :smile:

I say ok ok...

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I dunno but I know why some women need to sell her Chee buy to earn pocket money for her sinkie son.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
True..... nowadays everywhere i see more women puffing away like chimneys

I think the women are stressful. The feminists gave women education and job opportunities, but the women are finding out that the daily grind of men isn't as 'empowering' as they might have expected.

Of course, all women have the exit clause of snagging a rich man and getting provided for happily ever after.

And that is why Jamie Chua-Cuaca is a legend among SIA stewardesses. Once you hit the jackpot, you're settled for life, even when the marriage doesn't work out. :wink:

masthead.jpg

http://www.asiaone.com/specials/jamiecuaca/

A big presence in the social scene of Singapore, Jamie Cuaca is seeking $450,000 monthly maintenance from her ex-husband, Indonesian tycoon, Nurdian Cuaca.

The couple were married for 15 years before filing for divorce in February 2010 over 'unreasonable behaviour'. They have two children.

Since the story of their divorce surfaced, netizens have been abuzz as to why Jamie needs to have such a high maintenance allowance.

Perhaps it's to fund her love for fashion?
The former flight stewardess and the one who opened the first Manolo Blahnik boutique in South-east Asia, Jamie's been dubbed as the woman who owns "the most number of Hermes Birking bags in the world."