• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Grocer loses $42k to online 'girlfriend'(malaysia)

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Grocer loses $42k to online 'girlfriend'
The Star/Asia News NetworkWednesday, Nov 19, 2014
20141119_scam_thestar.jpg
Grocer loses $42k to online 'girlfriend'
1 0 0
Print
KUALA LUMPUR
He had never met her, yet he was willing to part with his hard-earned money to help her.
A 35-year-old Malaysian grocery shop owner revealed how he was scammed by a woman during their online "courtship".
The man claimed that he had lost over RM110,000 (S$42,570) to his online "girlfriend", whom he had never met during the eight months they knew each other, The Star said, citing Guang Ming Daily.
The victim, known only as Shen from Mentakab, said he had got to know about the woman through a smartphone application.
The woman, who claimed to be from Mentakab as well, kept asking him to lend her money for various reasons, including to pay her ill mother's medical fees.
"She said if I did not help her, she would be forced to become a prostitute, so I banked in RM15,000 for her in July last year," he said.
He added that the woman stopped contacting him in April, and only then did he finally accept the fact that he had been cheated.
- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/crime/grocer-loses-42k-online-girlfriend#sthash.E3ZfaOsX.dpuf

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fucking idiot. :rolleyes:

same as in Singapore who are voting for PAP.
we keep paying taxes to fund our ministers who are receiving millions of dollars and yet they never help us anything.
at least this conman gives him dream and imagination.
what does PAP offer?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
same as in Singapore who are voting for PAP.
we keep paying taxes to fund our ministers who are receiving millions of dollars and yet they never help us anything.
at least this conman gives him dream and imagination.
what does PAP offer?

The PAP delivers on all its promises so the comparison is grossly inappropriate.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
possibly, as my previous company adopted / sponsored the pelican enclosure in the bird park and we had a favourite young male by the same name - lil' ian the peli-can :p

the lian suffix is getting popular. i have a gopher hiding in my yard, and i call her dulian.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the lian suffix is getting popular. i have a gopher hiding in my yard, and i call her dulian.

over here, otters have become a novelty (screw the monkeys) .....my daughter dotes on one cutey, and no prizes for guessing the name (like marina bay) - it's simply called: dotter!:wink: