• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desmond Lee - ALL TCs run on deficits. Tg Pagar gets $87 per elector; HATC $43

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TRE examined the annual reports of several town councils and found that, in reality, all are running deficits. In fact, all require government grants in order to operate as the conservancy charges collected from HDB residents are not enough to cover expenses, generally speaking.

Take Desmond Lee’s Jurong Town Council for example, it also ran a deficit (after tax but before government grants) of $3,975,000 in FY2012/13, ending at 31 March 2013.

The government gave a total grant of $9.4 million to Jurong Town Council. After transferring a portion to the Sinking Funds and the Town Improvement & Project Funds, the actual government grant taken to the income and expenditure statement for Jurong Town Council was

http://www.tremeritus.com/2014/11/17/desmond-lee-all-town-councils-run-deficits/

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh does this mean when aljunied was under PAP they had a deficit but government gave them a grant of millions but when wp took over,they look incompetent but actually aljunied was running a deficit all along?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for the info ...lying PAP, lying Goh Meng Seng, that lying PAP supporter who called himself an accountant, damn all of them.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
People who live in glass houses should not throw stones... Its going to be interesting now to see Pappy Scums rebutting this new revelations..

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP constituencies get more money per elector? Now that is one more reason to vote the PAP instead!

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Surplus Good and Deficit Bad? SC&C arrears high = Bad?

On the AHTC issue, it is alarming to me how people can be swindled by such a simplistic accusation. If the balance sheet has reserve, a virtuous govt will draw on it for the benefit of the residents. A deficit in p&l means outflow exceeds inflow during the year, it is normal when the TC is incurring expense to improve the residents amenities. On the other hand a bloodsucker govt will keep hoarding reserve with the excuse "keep for rainy days" while they continue to haunt residents with legal letters. I dare put my money the kindness towards constituents will ensure they retain their hold on GRC in the next GE.

Last edited:

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Surplus Good and Deficit Bad? SC&C arrears high = Bad?

If you run a government like a profit organisation, will you respect them?

Or if you run a government like deep in debts, will you take them seriously?

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

If you run a government like a profit organisation, will you respect them?

Or if you run a government like deep in debts, will you take them seriously?

The balance sheet is not in red, only the P&L. So their net asset is still positive. Can you please read up and understand the difference? US is the most indebted country in the world do you take them seriously?

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Btw... a govt is not a profit organisation? Is your brain so conditioned to think a govt must be run like a profit organisation??

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal

I was highlighting the extremes mistakes every garmen should not make.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Btw... please go and read the annual report. AHPETC has 89m in net assets including 75m in cash.... so your understanding of the town council being deep in debts is completely wrong! I guess the media did not highlight this and you took Lim Boon Heng's word for it? Please Sinkies... open your eyes. If you can be swindled by such a simple misrep, I don't know how much sense you have to make a proper judgement.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal

And how much deficit it has? The cash will be depleted away quickly if there is a continuous deficit for a few years!

Have you included capital depreciation?

They will be bankrupt then!

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

The balance sheet of the AHPETC is healthy. The deficit is for the year only. And I am confident it will look even better by GE 2016. Anyone who knows how to read financials ie with your own mind and not what PAP tells you - feel free to challenge my statement.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

And how much deficit it has? The cash will be depleted away quickly if there is a continuous deficit for a few years!

Have you read the financials? Please try to read it before you rant on.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Don't say I never answer your question. 2013 is the first year they incur deficit due to heavy expenditure to improve their constituency. What is your basis of assuming they will incur deficit for years? Lim Boon Heng told you? Yes capital depreciation is included. Net Asset means assets net off debts you twit.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

On the AHTC issue, it is alarming to me how people can be swindled by such a simplistic accusation.

Heng ah... My kakis at the kopi session yesterday related that they don't give a flying fuck about what ratings MND throws at the oppositions. Their relatives in Punggol East SMC only know that they are very glad they didn't choose an arse to be their MP :p:p:p