• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fucking PAP giving Uni scholarships with free airfare to Filipinos and no bond needed

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Fucking PAP giving Uni scholarships with free airfare to Filipinos and no bond ne

If these pinoy students get a 4 years scholarship for say engineering at NUS, my calculations is based as follows:

1 year tuition fee approximately = $35000 X 4 = $140,000 for 4 years.
Accomodation allowance approximately = $700 per month X 48 months = $33,600
Living allowance = $4800 X 4 years = $19,200
Return airfare, AirAsia Promo = $353

Approximate burden of the scholarship to singapore taxpayer per Pinoy student = $193,153 over 4 years!!

If they want to follow angmoh countries to give free education to poorer countries, they should follow properly. First, give only to selected FEW foreigners who are top performers, not B graders. Second, make sure the own people are taken care of first. Now own citizens have to take hefty loans or even spend big money to go overseas to study while foreign B graders have a field day occupying study places and some more have it free with allowances. Really a shitty govt to do this.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Fucking PAP giving Uni scholarships with free airfare to Filipinos and no bond ne

The scholars are expected to return to their respective countries at the end of their studies to contribute to the development of their nations.

Expected only ...don't have to mah ...pinoy educated with our money, stay on to steal our jobs. PAP policy is number one!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Temasek has one awards for its performance and its transparency. You can't just cherry pick the articles that suit you while ignoring the articles the list the overall success of the organisations that have done a fantastic job managing Singapore's reserves.

http://business.asiaone.com/news/temasek-ceo-wins-business-leaders-award

"Ms Ho has demonstrated deeply impressive achievements in business while maintaining a dedication to the highest standards in corporate governance, transparency and leadership." -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GIC_Private_Limited

GIC is one of a few global firms with the highest corporate credit ratings by both Standard & Poor's and Moody's, of AAA and Aaa respectively. Its investment portfolio is managed by its three subsidiaries: GIC Asset Management Pte Ltd (public markets), GIC Real Estate Pte Ltd and GIC Special Investments Pte Ltd (private-equity investments). In 2008, The Economist reported thatMorgan Stanley had estimated the fund's assets at US$330 billion.[SUP][1][/SUP]

sinkapore is peesai so no one bothers to do their own research; they just take the bs dished out by the PAP and use that to form their analysis. You think PAP put out adverse material on sinkapore and its institutions?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Look there's no need to be racist or xenophobic just because ur a sinkie,in Singapore we treat all talents equally,and in Singapore there's equal opportunity for pinoys to become professors and executives.after all we have already seen the success of pinoy managers working with their sinkies subordinates.a meaningful collaboration like their government says.

sinkapore is now part of pinoyland?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

this is all caused by that motherfucking cheebye gilbert goh, threatenining to stab pinoys at Takashimaya. Now gov got to make amends to the phillipine gov by offering gifts to amend ties.

I salute Gilbert Goh for daring to speak out on behalf of all sinkees who have their jobs taken away by foreigners.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I see nothing wrong with making an effort to attract talent.

These talented Pinoys will help create jobs for Singaporeans and make Singapore a better place.

The government is taking a long term view and investing in a talent search. It is the wise thing to do given the fact that the Singaporean gene pool has stagnated.

One, we don't need pinoys. Two, they are stupid.

Arturo Vidal

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

One, we don't need pinoys. Two, they are stupid.

If they want to follow angmoh countries to give free education to poorer countries, they should follow properly. First, give only to selected FEW foreigners who are top performers, not B graders. Second, make sure the own people are taken care of first. Now own citizens have to take hefty loans or even spend big money to go overseas to study while foreign B graders have a field day occupying study places and some more have it free with allowances. Really a shitty govt to do this.

Temasek has one awards for its performance and its transparency. You can't just cherry pick the articles that suit you while ignoring the articles the list the overall success of the organisations that have done a fantastic job managing Singapore's reserves.

http://business.asiaone.com/news/temasek-ceo-wins-business-leaders-award

"Ms Ho has demonstrated deeply impressive achievements in business while maintaining a dedication to the highest standards in corporate governance, transparency and leadership." -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GIC_Private_Limited

GIC is one of a few global firms with the highest corporate credit ratings by both Standard & Poor's and Moody's, of AAA and Aaa respectively. Its investment portfolio is managed by its three subsidiaries: GIC Asset Management Pte Ltd (public markets), GIC Real Estate Pte Ltd and GIC Special Investments Pte Ltd (private-equity investments). In 2008, The Economist reported thatMorgan Stanley had estimated the fund's assets at US$330 billion.[SUP][1][/SUP]

Prove it. there are many articles and facts on Temasek and GIC losses. I dare you to prove that they make more than they lost.

With respect, I believe that any logical and fair government should protect her citizens, especially as it pertains to jobs and employment (why would any individual or govt. allow foreigners to "take the jobs").

I recall that during the 1980's, before my employer could continue to employ me and sponsor my Canadian work visa, the firm has to justify why the firm has to employ me.
And it took me about 4 years, and after I qualified as a CA, before my application for permanent residence was approved.

Acknowledged, noted, will KIV, aneigasaewa, terma kasih, xie xie cheerios.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This scholarship is cheap compared to those given by AStar ...

You get to study in anyone of these world-class universities http://www.a-star.edu.sg/Awards-Sch...plicants/Scholars-Choice-of-Universities.aspx

They will pay for your undergraduate, all the way to Phd and beyond.

And they are for you ...http://www.a-star.edu.sg/Awards-Sch...rship-Applicants/Caring-for-Our-Scholars.aspx

Not publicized perk - you are required to become a sinkee after completion of undergraduate degree to continuing with the scholarship.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Approximate burden of the scholarship to singapore taxpayer per Pinoy student = $193,153 over 4 years!!

That is peanuts compared to the return on investment that a talented Pinoy will inject into the Singapore economy over the years.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Leongsam would give scholarships to ever foreigner.

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
Exposed: PAP is giving out free scholarships to Filipinos only

The PAP government is giving out scholarships specifically for Pinoys in Philippines to come to Singapore to study in our local universities (NUS, NTU, SMU). Each award is for three to four years of tertiary study and covers return air fare, full tuition, an accommodation allowance and a living allowance of S$4,300 (around P150,000) per annum. Applicants of the scholarship must be Filipino citizens with excellent academic records and a good command of English. A recipient of the scholarship may not concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, grant or award without prior approval of the Singaporean government.

Except for Medicine, Dentistry, Architecture and Law, all other disciplines are open to recipients of the scholarship. As Medicine, Dentistry and Law are elite courses, the Filipino scholars will instead be competing with average Singaporeans who usually take arts, science, business or engineering courses. It is therefore hard to imagine that most Singaporeans will not notice the privileges given to these special Pinoys.

The PAP government seems to be keen on investing in Filipino talent development even though they do not even serve National Service. It is also stated in the terms of the scholarship that "the scholars are expected to return to their respective countries at the end of their studies to contribute to the development of their nations". That means there is NO BOND so it is not required that these Pinoys serve NS or contribute to Singapore. The scholarship appears to be a charitable act by the PAP government towards Filipinos.

Moreover, it has been revealed that many Filipinos have fake qualifications from universities like Recto University. With its failure to scrutinize foreign talents like Anoop Shankar, can NUS be totally sure that these Filipinos are talented?

More at Exposed: PAP is giving out free scholarships to Filipinos only

nitecrawllerr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Exposed: PAP is giving out free scholarships to Filipinos only

Political party (PAP) and Govt should be two separate entity.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

Better:confused: :rolleyes:

Please don't try word games and attempt to mind-fuck the people in this forum.

Your daughter is a prostitute fucked by 50 aids carrier, your niece is fucked by 100 aids carrier.

Which is better:confused::rolleyes:

The argument here is not to give out aid or scholarships like a prostitute giving free fucks to potential problematic clients.

UK give foreign aid in billions SG gives scholarships.

Which is better

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Which is better

Give a man a fish, he can live for a day.
Teach a man to fish, you lose your job.
Excellent i say.

nitecrawllerr

Alfrescian
Loyal

Which is better

Hey! If want to be generous, then use their own money or use clan money. But dont use taxpayers or my money.