• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Without Freedom There Is No Free Trade

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Three-In-One Job:
November 15, 2014 at 4:59 pm**(Quote)

FTAs and all trade pacts signed by the PAP government so far are toxic and deadly to us Singaporeans.

We don’t know how to negotiate, period.

What have we got to offer to others in exchange, except for our sovereign wealth funds to be invested in partnering countries like India and China? Our jobs here to be handed out on a golden plate?

We are a tiny city-state with no hinterland to fall back on, no natural resources to offer. Our only assets are our densely build up infrastructures, a literate, highly skilled & hardworking work-force, well educated.

Partnering nations will want a part of our labour market in exchange for our sovereign wealth funds to be invested in their countries in telcos, shopping-malls, real-estates & industrial zones, ports and such.

Therein lies the nub of all the issues we are confronted with today.

We open up our labour market to them, India & China, for example; our PMET job market and there goes our jobs to these foreign economic opportunists.

On the other hand we pump our hard earned reserves through GIC & TH into building up the partnering countries’ infrastrucrues, ports, malls and real estate thereby creating jobs and an economic spin in these partnering countries.

Meanwhile, these foreign economic opportunists allowed in freely by these trade pacts earned here and remit a huge chunk of their earnings here back home to further spin the economies of their homelands.

We are deeply f**ked three ways, first we loose our jobs to them here, secondly our hard-earned reserves invested to build up their countries creat jobs there and third what their people earn here they remit a sizeable portion back to spin the economy of their own countries.
Like a prostitute we got to got a three-in-one deal, screwed front, screwed back and and a blow job.
Ahhhh! one more for which I can think of no other hole to plug apart from front, back and mouth already employed.

We have been loosing our hard earned reserves in other peoples’ countries. SIP (Suzhou Industrial Park) easily comes to mind. The tens of malls that CapitalLand build in China, the Tianjin Eco City and many more to come. These are suckers’ deal. Much more in India and elsewhere, too agonising to enumerate.

In one word, we are “f**ked” by these trade pacts all round.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dosh:
November 15, 2014 at 7:36 pm**(Quote)

Ali Baba:
Once this SDP Awesome Soon Chee is elected to parliament, PAP will have a very hard and fearful time, because his one of those few opposition members who dares to question and very fierce in challenging. He may also be able to unlock the FamiLee secret locker, and dig out the skeletons. Let’s put our effort to bring this team led by Awesome Soon Chee to parliament. SDP

Response:
You’ve got company, Ali Baba.

I remember I saw a video where LKY was interviewed and he said that Dr Chee and the late Mr J.B. Jeyaretnam are duds. LKY couldn’t handle them in serious debate, but he sure knows how to play dirty! That Conman Extraordinaire and State Terrorist of his own citizens has met the ultimate winner: Time. LKY has a long trot in power and committed many ruthless and wicked deeds in particular the jailing without trial of his opponents, several for decades, under spurious charges and using the dreaded and much maligned ISA (Internal Security Act). Today, he is an incapacitated person. A pathetic figure, a man unable to stand up on his own. Yet, he is still Freeloading on the taxpayers. This career politician, LKY, is truly a man devoid of moral scruple. His legacy: The GREED leader who oppressed and cheated the nation. A hated leader whose death will be a justifiable reason for celebration and rejoicing.

Dr Chee Soon Juan will be the Voice of the people in Parliament. He will speak up for the average working men and women who struggle with the daily hardship and insecurity in their jobs brought on largely through the bad policies of the government. For the poor and disadvantaged they will also have an advocate in CSJ. Yes, Dr Chee deserve to be elected into Parliament.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Andrew:
November 15, 2014 at 11:36 pm**(Quote)

I have said these many time, let me said the last time. Dr. Chee is the biggest threat to PAP in power, as can be seen by the law suit that PAP is so desperately wanting to nail him. All three PM suited him at the same time, the senior LEE in particular was so afraid of him, because he is the only one that could speak like him. Think about this deeper u will understand what I mean.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I Am Affected By FTAs.:
November 16, 2014 at 5:29 pm**(Quote)

@ WP’s Snake-oil Salesman Con: November 16, 2014 at 3:17 pm

“It is the unrelenting, uncontrolled and unconscionable importation of foreign labour, both the professional and semi-skilled workers with little regards to the citizens, by the E(V)IL REGIME which resulted in the woes of sinkies as listed by Chee, not the result of FTAs and the lack of political freedom per se that’s to be blamed.”

My fellow compatriot, I share your sentiments here. While it is perceptible that Dr. Chee did not link the loss of jobs here due to such trade pacts, it is widely reported in the news elsewhere that such trade pacts were foolishly inked without due consideration to the impact on local job losses.

Understandably, the obsequious local media would not have this published.

Let me cite you a case in point, the India-Singapore Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CECA) trade pact, a subset of the India-Singapore FTA, opens our door to 127 kinds of professional jobs for Indians to come in to work on liberal conditions.

When the PAP government was put under public pressure on the back of the toxic PWP, MOM made changes to the Employment Pass Framework which mildly inhibited such free flow of Indian professionals into Singapore and India contemplated taking Singapore to WTO for arbitration.

Read synopsis from Business-Standard below, go to web-link spelt out. Yes FTAs do result in job losses for Sinkies.

Business Standard – February 17, 2013
http://www.business-standard.com

“Singapore recently made certain changes to its Employment Pass Framework law to reduce inflow of foreign workers significantly to create more job opportunities for local professionals. The move is expected to impact even those Indians working there at present across various sectors.

The amendments, made on a proposal by its Ministry of Manpower, has armed the Singapore government to bring down the foreign share of the total workforce to around one-third while encouraging employers to invest in productivity in return for incentives in the form of tax breaks.

The move came as a recent Singapore’s policy paper predicted that its population would grow by 30 per cent to 6.9 million by 2030, with immigrants making up nearly half that figure. The paper led to demonstrations in Singapore yesterday, a rare happening in the country, in protest against rise in immigrants.

The step has irked India as the new law does not give India a preferential treatment incorporated in the Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CECA) between the two countries, operational since 2005. This stance by the Singapore Government is expected to affect Indians working as middle-level managers, executives and technicians.

According to Indian officials involved in the negotiations, this is a violation of the services trade agreement under CECA.

Speculations are rife that India might take up the issue with World Trade Organization’s (WTO) dispute settlement body.”

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
When sovereign wealth fund invests in other countries it provides high end job opportunities for sinkies.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FTAs are more like a 'you scratch my back I scratch yours' kind of thing. Not really about free trade. The big countries are still highly protectionist when it comes to more 'sensitive' industries.

For Singapore's case: you give me your cheap workers, I'll build you a Suzhou industrial park or Delhi smart city. I'll get Capitaland to build malls and residences there.

The ordinary Sinkies don't benefit at all.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hence the rich get richer and the poor get poorer and never the twain shall meet.

Until the pitchforks and torches come out and elites' heads get the chop-chop.

If peaceful revolution is made impossible, violent revolution will be inevitable.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never mind wealth inequality,sinkies don't even have balls to fight for their own country,to stake their claim in their own birth right.they let foreigners fuck and cum in their mother's cheebye like its a 30 bangra orgy in jap av.