• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The facts behind LHL's interview, which was hosted by Yang Lan of CCTV

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to a little bird from the West, here are the facts of LHL's interview hosted on CCTV:

a. LHL wasn't the first choice of interviewee. He was on the reserve list.

b. As a condition for accepting to be interviewed, LHL demanded from CCTV a list of questions in detail.

c. Only questions that LHL had vetted and approved in advance would be allowed to be asked during the interview.

d. Questions that were struck out and/or deemed offensive by LHL were:

i. What did he gain by suing Roy Ngerng in court?
ii. Did LHL realize he was the first political leader of an advanced economy to sue his citizens for defamation?
iii. Was LHL really ignorant of the fact that CPF funds were used to invest in Temasek Holdings?
iv. Temasek Holdings has lost billions of dollars to date. Has he ever personally asked his wife to improve her company's lacklustre performance? What were his wife's reactions?

e. LHL confirmed his acceptance of the interview two weeks in advance of the interview. This gave him plenty of time for his sycophants and coterie of scholars in the civil service to "wayang" to the Chinese audience.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
b. As a condition for accepting to be interviewed, LHL demanded from CCTV a list of questions in detail.

What a chickenshit pussy. :rolleyes:

Oh I forgot, he once attended Nanyang Girls' High School. He must have left his testicles there during puberty. :wink:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now I finally understand why someone is willing to have narcissist bundung buay on his team.he's the perfect guy for the job when u need someone to write bullshit for ur P.R. on Facebook or when u go on CCTV

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's sickening that cctv actually acceded to his requests. Then again their govt probably engages in the same type of activities. People forget the citizens of a country are different from the governments of the country. most of the time they have opposing view points.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Won't be surprised if the "background" is real - this is the only way the MIW dares to operate.
They won't dare even to take on any matured citizens in local discussions. Ministers and potential PMs-in-waiting are capable of bullshitting students.
Of course DPM Teo is the master - with his classic WHAT DO YOU THINK response whenever he is stumped.
Or pretend to claim that he wanted the students' perspectves.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Won't be surprised if the "background" is real - this is the only way the MIW dares to operate.
They won't dare even to take on any matured citizens in local discussions. Ministers and potential PMs-in-waiting are capable of bullshitting students.
Of course DPM Teo is the master - with his classic WHAT DO YOU THINK response whenever he is stumped.

But they love to portray themselves as being highly popular wherever they go. :rolleyes:

68f1d710-c2ac-11e3-ad7f-e12913886dd9_1979129_683817821680927_171788377_o.jpg

lee103010e.jpg

PM-Lee-fb.jpg

IMG-20140817-WA0023.jpg

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
They won't dare even to take on any matured citizens in local discussions.

Totally agree. And even if they did, it's always the mature citizens who happen to be grassroots leaders, PAP porlumpars or family members of cronies.

Ministers and potential PMs-in-waiting are capable of bullshitting students.

Totally agree. They know that students are the most gullible of Sinkies.

And DPM Teo still persists in it, in the delusional belief that Sinkies are daft.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Well, when Charlie Rose, (the famous American PBS interviewer) interview gay Loong in 2010, he did not agree to this list of approved questions requests from Gay Loong's staff. As a result, Rose asked him pointed questions on Temasek and he squirmed like a little girl whose panties got bunched up in her ass crack. Its unbelieveable the lies he told on American national TV to a world audience. Kept insisting to Rose that Temasek is not a soveriegn wealth fund but a pte ltd company. What a fucktard. Here is the excerpt:

CHARLIE ROSE: You also have a sovereign wealth fund.

LEE HSIEN LOONG: Yes.

CHARLIE ROSE: It’s worth —

LEE HSIEN LOONG: Well, it’s not really a sovereign wealth fund. They have companies.

CHARLIE ROSE: I don’t understand the model. What is it then?

LEE HSIEN LOONG: You’re asking about Temasek?

CHARLIE ROSE: Yes.

LEE HSIEN LOONG: Temasek owns a stable of companies.

CHARLIE ROSE: Sovereign wealth funds own a stable of companies.

LEE HSIEN LOONG: Sovereign wealth funds own a portfolio of financial assets.

CHARLIE ROSE: But sometimes they go out and buy entire companies.

LEE HSIEN LOONG: Sometimes.

CHARLIE ROSE: But go ahead. You are different in what way?

LEE HSIEN LOONG: Well, first of all, Temasek operates completely on a commercial basis. We appoint their board, but their boards makes all the decisions, and the boards do not decide for the boards of subsidiary and associate companies, because each of the companies, many of which are listed, have their own boards, and each one is accountable to all of their shareholders.

CHARLIE ROSE: So it’s more like a kind of giant sovereign private equity firm except that it’s owned by the government?

LEE HSIEN LOONG: Except that Temasek is owned by the government, yes.

CHARLIE ROSE: Do you have less confidence in American financial —

LEE HSIEN LOONG: Not at all. I mean, you’re asking me where I’m going to put my — portfolio.

(LAUGHTER)

These are decisions I leave to the portfolio managers. I’m not a portfolio manager.

CHARLIE ROSE: I know you’re not, but you’re the prime minister, and it’s owned by the government. And you have a responsibility to the people of Singapore to make sure that they do well.

LEE HSIEN LOONG: My responsibility is to make sure that I appoint the right — that we have the right people managing the portfolio, that they make the right long-term decisions taking into account the risks. It will maximize our returns over the long term, not every year, but on the whole portfolio basis. And my job is to provide them the political environment in which they can do their job without being by the political structure.

CHARLIE ROSE: Have you changed your philosophy about that since the economic crisis?

LEE HSIEN LOONG: We review our strategic asset allocation from time to time. We make incremental adjustments. But we are long-term players

and we don’t make major switches overnight

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well, when Charlie Rose, (the famous American PBS interviewer) interview gay Loong in 2010, he did not agree to this list of approved questions requests from Gay Loong's staff. As a result, Rose asked him pointed questions on Temasek and he squirmed like a little girl whose panties got bunched up in her ass crack. Its unbelieveable the lies he told on American national TV to a world audience. Kept insisting to Rose that Temasek is not a soveriegn wealth fund but a pte ltd company. What a fucktard. Here is the excerpt:

CHARLIE ROSE: You also have a sovereign wealth fund.

LEE HSIEN LOONG: Yes.

CHARLIE ROSE: It’s worth —

LEE HSIEN LOONG: Well, it’s not really a sovereign wealth fund. They have companies.

CHARLIE ROSE: I don’t understand the model. What is it then?

LEE HSIEN LOONG: You’re asking about Temasek?

CHARLIE ROSE: Yes.

u know whats the biggest joke?i dont even recall anyone putting up singtel or mapletree or keppel or singpost or singapore power up for sale......so how come temasek is able to own all of them?if they want to privatise those companies shouldnt they be putting them on the market for sale and opening up for bidders?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
u know whats the biggest joke?i dont even recall anyone putting up singtel or mapletree or keppel or singpost or singapore power up for sale......so how come temasek is able to own all of them?if they want to privatise those companies shouldnt they be putting them on the market for sale and opening up for bidders?

Of course if they make Temasek own all these companies by buying it on the open market, how can Temasek report profit at all? PAP make the Ministries sell Singtel, singpower, etc to the Temasek for half of what they are worth on the market. Temasek bases its assets on the stock price of the shares they own. Since they were given the shares at half price, and they simply report their holdings at the real market price, that means they already make 100% profit. After that the wife can collect big bonuses from the BOD.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course Temasek is not a sovereign wealth fund. Temasek owns a stable of companies while sovereign wealth funds own a portfolio of assets. It makes perfect sense, yes.