• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TERMINALLY ILL SG Commando MARRIES BELOVED IN SGH HOSPITAL BED. Now in Coma...

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
i believe it works cos' even western doctors seek him out. you are just ignorant...:p

Just because you believe does not mean it's factual. Thousands of people believe in the power of Kong Hee to change their lives. That does not make him credible.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
surgeons seek his treatment for shaky hands too, if he is hogwash like you claim, why do they go back to him. one day, you will pay for your ignorance.:rolleyes:

Just because you believe does not mean it's factual. Thousands of people believe in the power of Kong Hee to change their lives. That does not make him credible.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How many times do I have to repeat myself. The gold standard for all medical procedures is the DOUBLE BLIND TEST.
Just wondering who dictates that the gold standard for medical procedure is the double blind test. I hope it's not some medical society. Then it is obvious why they advocate such test - it is either blind leading the blind or more likely greed leading the greedy. Remember, long time ago, people thought that the earth is flat.

Why is double blind test not applicable for medicine? Very simple, because the state of our mind is the main control of the chances of cure. Our brain can initiate self cure. Similarly, our brain can make the condition worsen. One of my kids have alzheimer and it will break out during exam or stress related situation. We can also google for many well known stress related illness

If the brain plays a key role in the healing process, how can medical procedure be used to verify the authenticity of medicine? Hope you can understand a bit of what I am trying to put across and not be fooled by western medicine.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
How many times do I have to repeat myself. The gold standard for all medical procedures is the DOUBLE BLIND TEST.

You mean scientific tests like these?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/23460810/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/19236501/

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0954611110002519

Over 1500 types of herbs described in 本草纲目, these herbs are now being scientifically tested and proven effective by your gold standards. Still not effective?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If the brain plays a key role in the healing process, how can medical procedure be used to verify the authenticity of medicine? Hope you can understand a bit of what I am trying to put across and not be fooled by western medicine.

The average life expectancy before Western medicine was 35 to 40 years. Mothers and babies used to die at birth on a regular basis. What did TCM do to help?... the answer is NOTHING.

The current life expectancy in Western nations is mid 80s. This is all thanks to Western medicine's understanding of the root causes of disease.

There is nothing in TCM that can match antibiotics, antivirals when it comes to treating infections.

Nothing beats surgery when it comes to healing bones, repairing valves and fixing birth defects.

The list is endless.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Why is double blind test not applicable for medicine? Very simple, because the state of our mind is the main control of the chances of cure. Our brain can initiate self cure. Similarly, our brain can make the condition worsen

You should be able to tell what is BS when you smell it when it's coming from Boss :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just wondering who dictates that the gold standard for medical procedure is the double blind test.

Wao dunno who is stupider now, by saying that the mind can heal the body, all the more you are just contradciting yourself by proving that TCM is not the main factor in initiating any cure, it is all psychological then.

So it still leaves properly researched Western Medicine as the effective cure if any, as medical science is still very, very much in its infancy as from now on the only real cures come only at a genetic level by the mastery of DNA coding and this is only had its breakthrough in 1998 with the cloning of dolly.

Medical science is still very primitive as scientists have yet to unlock the secrets limb regenration, which exists in nature with lizards to replace disesed organs and limbs, the secret of cancer inhibition in sharks and the apparent longevity / immortatility in some animals. This is the real future of therapeutic medicine. So TCM sold in pasar malams is all hogwash.

Last edited by a moderator:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not true. Cancer for example wasn't well defined in TCM, how to cure?

Cancer is a diesease which can only be cured at a molecular level, and the cure is elusive, as each individual's cancer is as different as their DNA and treatment must be very specific and targeted, so until the day scientists can manipulate DNA, a real complete cure for cancer is still a long way off.

No way Pasar malam TCM is going to do squat.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The list is endless.

In one of my earlier post, I did mentioned that western medical method is good only for injuries resulting from accident. I missed out viral infections which western method is superior. Why is this so? Simple - western cure focus on fighting and eliminating the cause of the ailment directly. Natural form of healing focus on nourishing the body to initiate its own cure - it takes time.

For highly contagious viral infection, many death will result before our immune system develop the antibody to over come the infection if natural healing way is used. Western medicine provides direct intervention to fight the infection - but sometimes at the expense of harming and disrupting the natural function of the body system. Do a search on SARS, we will see reports of survivors suffering from permanent impairment, not due to SARS but because of the medicine administered. I always wonder why SARS was self contained when it hit Indonesia, knowing the level of their capability in tracking and isolation. I can only conclude that Indonesians reacted better to the disease and eliminate it on their own. Therefore, the worst side effect of western medicine is that it weakens our bodies' ability to counter new infection. Not sure if you ever encountered good doc who would advise you not to take antibiotic readily but let your body fight the flu?

So western medicine is good in minimizing death for causes from the EXTERNAL. When it comes to internal medicine, the same principle of eliminating the cause directly cannot apply. Cancer develops within the body due to the food, mental state and many other unknown factors. Until western medicine can identify and eliminate the source of all the causes, removing the tumor alone is of no help. However, they choose to use the same yardstick to verify other healing methods for internal medicine and called them quack - believing that the earth is flat.

Incidentally, I never appreciate western medicine in helping people with genetic disorder, such as high blood pressure, defective hear valves ... to procreate. Nature has its way of eliminating genetic disorder i.e. bad genes should not be passed down. Intervention by western medicine has help to enlarge the pool of people with genetic disorder in one way or another. It is self-destruction process of the human race.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wao dunno who is stupider now

I have not contradicted myself. Run through my posts again and please help me to highlight the part where I advocated TCM alone, as the cure. I was more into alternative methods, not confined to TCM.

A friend went for open heart surgery and recovered. He spoke of the possibility of growing a new heart with advancement in stem cell research. Recently, he told me of the power of energy medicine. He probably knows that molecular medicine will not reach fruition in his life time and is now trying the next best thing - energy medicine. By the way, he is a doc himself.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is self-destruction process of the human race.

Medical science does not discriminate external and internal. Medical science will one day succesfully eliminate bad genes by providing cures even if you are born with bad genes, so real medical science will not enlarge a bad gene pool but rather work towards fixing nature.....how would you like to be told that you have bad genes and no hope of having children through premature death or birth control....life would suck and bring mankind back to pre-history and let Darwnism take its most brutal form.

Are you sure you have your head checked? Maybe TCM would apply in eliminating bad genes by killing off the parents who carry the bad genes before reaching productive age, or kill off the offspring that are born with bad genes, through it's ineffectivness.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is really a GREAT HIGHLIGHTED EXAMPLE of a GONG SINKIE.

After being 'done in' he still admire his PAP Master so much!

I think his pictures can be used to represent every other GONG CHEE BYE Sinkie out there! LoL

Attachments

• MY_20130705_PKCHEE_P_3732247.jpg
    MY_20130705_PKCHEE_P_3732247.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have not contradicted myself.

The possibility of growing a new heart may not be in our life time, as genetic medicine is too much in it's infancy, but such regeneration is totally possible as it exists in nature, it just takes time to unlock the secret. Anyway looks like your friend has no more hope and is clinging to straws, if anything, if he is cured it is most probably by his positive psychology and not energy medicine.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Medical science does not discriminate external and internal.

Till that day where medical science can correct in-born genetic defects, my belief is not to procreate if one has defect gene. It is cruel but it is following natures way so as not to prolong suffering. In fact we are already doing that. A pregnant lady will be advised by the doc to go for abortion if the baby is found to be suffering from genetic disorder, be it Down syndrome, defective organs ... Well, it depends on ones belief. Catholics and Muslims will definitely not agree. In old time, the child will be born but his or her life expectancy will be short and chances of procreation is slim. Today, medical intervention will increase their life span and some even go on to produce offspring with the same defect in the genes.