• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TERMINALLY ILL SG Commando MARRIES BELOVED IN SGH HOSPITAL BED. Now in Coma...

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Local clinical trials to test the efficacy of TCM on common ailments or the effects of TCM on cancer?
Drug trials using full herb or its active compounds only? Drug trials on cell cultures or on human test subjects?

The thing about western science is we look for emperical data, i.e. thinking that one particular active compound is responsible for curing a particular ailment. Whereas TCM looks at remediation from a holistic approach, using varying amounts of different herbs to achieve a homeostatic balance in the patient.

Bro zhihau, I am surprised!

Either you adopt the scientific method with all its rigour and logical discipline, OR you go for faith, superstition, placebos, etc.

Well actually there is a third way. Are you keen to know?

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro zhihau, I am surprised!

Either you adopt the scientific method with all its rigour and logical discipline, OR you go for faith, superstition, placebos, etc.

Well actually there is a third way. Are you keen to know?

That's right.alot of really stupid idiots here talk like those useless old aunties and useless uncles in kopitiams esp sinkies type. talk is very cheap but full of bad breath. proof is difficult. Western medicine and science have progressed by leaps and bounds and Chinese TCM and science is still talking about yesteryear long, long time ago grandfather stories like gun powderr and paper invention shit stories.
until TCM can come up with the equivalent of heart, lung, liver , face, head transplants, antibiotics, vaccines, CT scans, MRI, DNA typing( 99.9999% accurate in identfying all these idiots' useless genes and their lineage and used in courts to id the rapists and lowly intellectuals here), talk is cheap and hot air.
No wonder the west look down on us. they have already sent countless men to the Moon 40 years ago and China science is still talking cock and boasting just because of a single rocket to space. the very fact that you are using cars, planes, handphones, computers and internets(all products of western science and rigors of trial and errors and evidenced based scientific logic) to talk cock shows how stupid some of teh posts are. maybe they should use carrier pigeons to talk cock liek they used in olden china. or maybe they should wait for western medicine to perfect brain transplant (in the works I heard) as this is the only way to convince them.
. All this "holistic" talk is the stuff of fairy tales or MLM marketing ..... all bull sh!T
BTW when LKY or Deng XP or even Mao Tse tung fell sick, they rely on western medicine and their docs are western trained. from very reliable source. Not some TCM sinseh.
that's why the arrogant ching dynasty fell , china and all chinese got humilated for talking crap and Shanghai/China was colonised by the Brits, yankees, frenchs , germans, italians(read your history) and HK was given to UK for 100 years FOC. and likewise some stupid boxer rebellions fighters still think chinese kung fu can beat a rifle bullet. at least these idiots did not live long to regret their mistakes and propagate thier stupid genes.

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
at least these idiots did not live long to regret their mistakes and propagate thier stupid genes.

Did I mention that pharmaceutical companies are busy extracting active compounds in TCM herbs and testing them as candidates for anti-cancer drugs? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Kong si mi lan cheow in this thread....ALL OF YOU HAVE TO DIE ONE DAY...whether in traffic accident...or cancer...or malfunction of an important organ...

So no need to debate lah... let fate takes its course...

Look at Lau Lee...prolong his life using all these medicine...he happy meh...knn...like a living vege...i rather die than suffer like him.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
im no supporter of TCM and all that crap(just another billion dollar money making industry) but u seem a little biased and prejudiced against the chinese.may i remind u that this western dominance and power only came about in the last 200 years or so.....before that the westerners and europeans were basically living in the dark ages for centuries and millenias.....everything that the chinese invented or discovered would have seen like a miracle to them,u certainly do not want to be trusting english medicine back then.china was the epitome of civilisation back then,everything from philosophy to arts to language to inventions to finance and economics.

That's right.alot of really stupid idiots here talk like those useless old aunties and useless uncles in kopitiams esp sinkies type. talk is very cheap but full of bad breath. proof is difficult. Western medicine and science have progressed by leaps and bounds and Chinese TCM and science is still talking about yesteryear long, long time ago grandfather stories like gun powderr and paper invention shit stories.
until TCM can come up with the equivalent of heart, lung, liver , face, head transplants, antibiotics, vaccines, CT scans, MRI, DNA typing( 99.9999% accurate in identfying all these idiots' useless genes and their lineage and used in courts to id the rapists and lowly intellectuals here), talk is cheap and hot air.
No wonder the west look down on us. they have already sent countless men to the Moon 40 years ago and China science is still talking cock and boasting just because of a single rocket to space. the very fact that you are using cars, planes, handphones, computers and internets(all products of western science and rigors of trial and errors and evidenced based scientific logic) to talk cock shows how stupid some of teh posts are. maybe they should use carrier pigeons to talk cock liek they used in olden china. or maybe they should wait for western medicine to perfect brain transplant (in the works I heard) as this is the only way to convince them.
. All this "holistic" talk is the stuff of fairy tales or MLM marketing ..... all bull sh!T
BTW when LKY or Deng XP or even Mao Tse tung fell sick, they rely on western medicine and their docs are western trained. from very reliable source. Not some TCM sinseh.
that's why the arrogant ching dynasty fell , china and all chinese got humilated for talking crap and Shanghai/China was colonised by the Brits, yankees, frenchs , germans, italians(read your history) and HK was given to UK for 100 years FOC. and likewise some stupid boxer rebellions fighters still think chinese kung fu can beat a rifle bullet. at least these idiots did not live long to regret their mistakes and propagate thier stupid genes.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did I mention that pharmaceutical companies are busy extracting active compounds in TCM herbs and testing them as candidates for anti-cancer drugs? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You just proved my point. You need western science to extract the compund, put it in all the hard work of scientific scrutiny and research and numerous trials just to prove it work, teh possible market it. maybe out of 100,000 herbs 1 or 2 end up in the market. I am not saying TCM does not work. alot of real TCM got lost or diluted in olden china because the masters were afraid to pass all teh knowledge like kungfu skills. teach only 80% and keep 20% to make sure student does not beat the master. that type of selfish thinking prevelant amongst old china. that's why chinese science would not progress until they adopt westrn style of thiinking and openess like Nobel prizes. 99.999% of the TCM you get nowadays are all pure bullshit. for eg. you go to china for hiolidays and the tour guide would scamm you to go to beijing Tongrentang and the sinseh there by taking your pulse would tell my friend she has multiple problems ala ovarian cysts, dangerous growth and all bullshit. ask her to buy a few thousands dollars(singapore) of uselss herbs (that only costs a few dollars in chinatown). she went for a scan in singapore and it was all negative. these buggers are conmen and scammers. google it and read. very widespread.
http://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/ShowT...112-Tong_Ren_Tang_Shanghai_SCAM-Shanghai.html

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

since when is western medicine not allowed to use compounds in eastern herbs and plants?im pretty sure they are allowed to use anything in the natural world or manmade provided theres sufficient studies to show that it works.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
im no supporter of TCM and all that crap(just another billion dollar money making industry) but u seem a little biased and prejudiced against the chinese.may i remind u that this western dominance and power only came about in the last 200 years or so.....before that the westerners and europeans were basically living in the dark ages for centuries and millenias.....everything that the chinese invented or discovered would have seen like a miracle to them,u certainly do not want to be trusting english medicine back then.china was the epitome of civilisation back then,everything from philosophy to arts to language to inventions to finance and economics.
Its not that I am western biased. I believe China had its glory days in the Tang and ming dysnasties but later when the manchus and chings took over , they became insular and arrogants and its downhill all way. the west caught up when the renaissance and industrial period came and overtook them.
the chings and the opium war are all balck marks and tll this day the effect is seen in the HK demostartions as to why China is so reluctant to let western ideas and openess in HK as it is face issue after letting UK run HK for oevr 100 years and still no control of HK yet. i do know my history. all these TCM you see nowadays are bullsh!t and talk cock stuff of MLM.
No point keep harping on the past glories when your competitor is way ahead of you and improving everyday and some people still talk cock about old glories but keep getting their @ss screwed everyday like those useless taxi drivers or retrenched PMETs.
until china have prove itself again, they would always be seen as uncouth, immoral and cheats. can't you see these typical behaviour amongst the Ah Tiongs in sinkieland everyday. they are like taht yet so arrogant like that Yang yin , ma chi family or even that li jiawei. all uselss sh!T .arrogant, low class immorals and con men.

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
alot of real TCM got lost or diluted in olden china because the masters were afraid to pass all teh knowledge like kungfu skills.

Read my previous post on the con men, I agree that there are tonnes of them out there. You also failed to mention that the catalog of the TCM herbs isn't well maintained which needs to be updated urgently.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
since when is western medicine not allowed to use compounds in eastern herbs and plants?im pretty sure they are allowed to use anything in the natural world or manmade provided theres sufficient studies to show that it works.

I'm not saying that western science can't use the compounds found in the TCM herbs as a remedy, in fact, I'd advocate more rigorous testing and a better maintained system of cataloging these findings with our current technology.