• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Presstitude Bitch Thinks That Singapore GE Is Fair

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Source: The Real Singapore

STRAITS TIMES EDITOR CHUA MUI HOONG THINKS THAT SINGAPORE GENERAL ELECTION IS FAIR
Post date: 26 Oct 2014 - 9:08pm

10377983_990283527654100_7574237865184377292_n.jpg

The Straits Times' "Opinion" Editor, Chua Mui Hoong, opined in the lapdog sheet that S'poreans will only venture into the streets to protest when they perceive that the elections rules are unfair.

Wait a minute, Chua Mui Hoong, you think the current electoral rules are fair when...

1. The Elections Department reports to the PMO which means the PAP decides on the elections date based on its priorities and when it is ready.

2. GRCs are used to deter Opposition from contesting given the need to field a slate of as many as 6 candidates making the cost of contesting prohibitive.

3. Gerrymandering is common with wards leaning towards the Opposition either dissolved (think Cheng San and Anson) or carved into smaller units (think Hougang).

Do you think the Singapore General Election is really fair when 40% of the population voted against the PAP but PAP end up holding 93% of the Parliamentary seats?

Is this a good representation of your voice in parliament?

The Alternative View

End Of Article​

1234712_633741159992208_191679006_n.jpg

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Personally I think the GRC was never a fair system to begin with. PAP pooling a Minister with other weaker MPs to form a GRC.

Too bad, they got beaten at their own game in Aljunied GRC.

GY is the collateral damage.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The thing is Aljunied might be a fluke and a sucker punch by the oppos. hard to repeat for other GRCs

Personally I think the GRC was never a fair system to begin with. PAP pooling a Minister with other weaker MPs to form a GRC.

Too bad, they got beaten at their own game in Aljunied GRC.

GY is the collateral damage.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The thing is Aljunied might be a fluke and a sucker punch by the oppos. hard to repeat for other GRCs

Fluke, I doubt so.
Though Hougang and Punggol East are not GRCs, but losting both by-elections is telling on the change of tide against the PAPies.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hougang was probably not representative as the people their have been demonstrating a higher level of testicular fortitude than the rest of Singapore.

Punggol East, on the other hand, was a very clear signal of people's displeasure, even taking into account the BE effect. Consider that:
  • the Papzis took it with a significant majority in the GE less than 2 years earlier
  • WP fielded a "less qualified" candidate
  • it was a multi-cornered fight
  • WP's winning margin was clear, even substantial.

Also, I walked around Punggol East the day after the results and was surprised by the enthusiasm with which the people greeted WP and Li Lian as they came round during the thank-you parade. The Hippo bus that carried Koh Poh Koon and his ilk was ignored at best.

Fluke, I doubt so.
Though Hougang and Punggol East are not GRCs, but losting both by-elections is telling on the change of tide against the PAPies.