• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MRT Breakdown at Changi airport. Welcome to S'pore!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Skytrain fault at Changi Airport

Some visitors at Changi Airport were trapped in a Skytrain carriage for nearly an hour yesterday after the train stalled.

A woman, who wanted to be known only as Madam Ang, said she got on the Skytrain at about 4pm.

As it was pulling out of the bay, there was a loud sound and the train jerked before stopping.

Announcements were made over the public announcement system in the train, but they were "difficult to hear", Madam Ang said.

A Changi Airport Group spokesman said in a statement that there had been a service disruption of five Skytrain lines at 4.05pm yesterday.

Service on four lines were quickly restored, but the train connecting T2 and T3 could not be immediately repaired and had to be manually towed back to T3.

The process took about an hour, the spokesman said.

Shuttle buses were activated to help passengers travel between terminals and airport staff were deployed to provide assistance.
- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/skytrain-fault-changi-airport#sthash.8p0nQljN.dpuf

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not surprising. now they are expecting motorists who intend to go to T1 to park at T2 and take the skytrain to T1. expect more breakdowns.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
High techs things keep breaking down in SGP? Is this the price to pay for relying on cheap foreign labours for low skilled manufacturing, property markets and finance instead of promoting locals to be expert in science and technologies?

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What if you have to catch a flight but find yourself trapped in the Skytrain?

Might be a blessing in disguise if the flight you are trying to catch belongs to Sinkie Airline. :wink: Nowadays, Sinkie Airline running like Sinkie MRT.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
im pretty sure this is in line with minister tuck yew's campaign of promoting cycling as a national mode of transport.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Changi airport really dont have SOP.
Take 1 hr to tow back to station distance less than 1km.
They should start to tow it back in 10min if the system fail to restart/recover. What happen if the person miss flight???

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Miss flight also want me to fix?Why dont you buy a pack of gums, i teach you how to chew it".

20070410_Lee-Hsien-Loong_0_5_0_1_0.jpg

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If flights are missed because of an event like this then the operator of the trains can be taken to task and be made to compensate those affected.

Changi airport really dont have SOP.
Take 1 hr to tow back to station distance less than 1km.
They should start to tow it back in 10min if the system fail to restart/recover. What happen if the person miss flight???

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
even the busy newark airport (ewr) had to shut down the whole airtrain system once in a while. this time, it was for 75 days! ......

I have taken that train in Newark & I'm sure people will be happier that they are taking doing "preventive" maintenance. Compared to Spore where I doubt there is enough planning that goes into details like maintenance.

Maybe that is why things are breaking down in Spore because there is no planning for regular maintenance:confused: In any system you will have to include regular maintenance or you will have unexpected breakdowns with people stuck in the trains. Just look at SMRT & how they tried to cut corners:rolleyes:

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have taken that train in Newark & I'm sure people will be happier that they are taking doing "preventive" maintenance. Compared to Spore where I doubt there is enough planning that goes into details like maintenance.

Maybe that is why things are breaking down in Spore because there is no planning for regular maintenance:confused: In any system you will have to include regular maintenance or you will have unexpected breakdowns with people stuck in the trains. Just look at SMRT & how they tried to cut corners:rolleyes:

Do damage control work makes one sound more important.
Regular maintenance sounds unexciting and boring.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Do damage control work makes one sound more important.
Regular maintenance sounds unexciting and boring.