• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FOUNDER OF ANIMAL RIGHTS GROUP ACRES, LOUIS NG, JOINS THE PAP. Huah ah!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]FOUNDER OF ANIMAL RIGHTS GROUP ACRES, LOUIS NG, JOINS THE PAP[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
20 Oct 2014 - 7:56pm

<ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Founder of Animal Rights group ACRES, Louis Ng, updated his facebook page this evening announcing that he has joined politics under the banner of the People's Action Party.
Read his full status here:

AM I ENTERING POLITICS?

For more than a decade now, I’ve been actively speaking up, voicing my concerns constructively and campaigning for change. There is no doubt that things are indeed changing in Singapore for the better, for both the animals and the wider community.

Many of you have asked if I will consider entering politics. Some have asked if I will join the PAP or the opposition such as the Worker’s Party.

I’ve given this serious thought for some time. My choice was to join the PAP.

The public knows me as a very strong advocate for animal welfare. While we may not see eye to eye on all issues, I have explored working with various MPs, political officeholders and government agencies in order to further the cause. I’ve seen that things can change when we work from within.

Many of you know that I’ve been working closely with Minister K Shanmugam Sc

for the past five years, helping residents at his Meet-the-People Sessions, serving in the CCMC and also as the Animal Welfare and Environment Secretary in the Youth Executive Committee.

Through the many projects we launched, we made a significant difference for the community as well as advance animal welfare. We have been able to embark on pilot programmes for the keeping of cats in HDB flats and also end the culling of stray cats in Chong Pang.

On a wider and national scale, the annual Chong Pang Animal Protection Forums resulted in momentous animal protection policy changes in Singapore. The increased penalties for animal cruelty offences that will be discussed in Parliament next month is one of the best examples of our success.

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

This year, I’ve started serving in the Kembangan-Chai Chee constituency and will now initiate projects in this constituency under Minister Tan Chuan-Jin. We have many projects in the pipeline and will be rolling them out in the next few months and years.

Although I started out focusing on animal welfare, and will continue to do so, I have come to realise the impact that we can make on many fronts. I’m keen on also working on projects focusing on bringing back the kampong spirit and helping to break the poverty cycle in the less fortunate families.

I’ve now been working at the grassroots level, learning and gaining experience. My passion to serve the community will always remain the same, my commitment towards advocacy work remains steadfast and my determination to make this world a better place remains strong.

I want to stress that ACRES: Animal Concerns Research and Education Society (Singapore) is and will always remain close to my heart.
Many of you have known me as Louis Ng from ACRES for the past 13 years. I remain the same person who passionately believes in making a difference.

*Article first appeared on https://www.facebook.com/LouisACRES/posts/10152883844004884

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Joining a political party is 'entering politics'?
I thought he meant he wants to run for office.
Serving grassroots supposed to be doing community work and non partisan......now you see how his vile minds works. Pity I thought an animal lover like him would not be infected with pappy disease.

Wanderer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Working closely with PAP minister for past five years? What take u so long to join PAP then? Jeeweez we are so surprise u would join the PAP.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pity I thought an animal lover like him would not be infected with pappy disease.

As I have already mentioned in another post, NGOs and civil society organizations here are filled with (closet?) PAP supporters or sympathisers. In fact, that's probably the main reason why they even got their advocacy gig in the first place.

This is not surprising to me. What's surprising is how some of you are upset by this.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
As I have already mentioned in another post, NGOs and civil society organizations here are filled with (closet?) PAP supporters or sympathisers. In fact, that's probably the main reason why they even got their advocacy gig in the first place.

This is not surprising to me. What's surprising is how some of you are upset by this.
This is a man who can say " animal rights isn't about animals". I guess we should have known.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy would speak up for more rights for dogs and cats than for sinkies in Parliament. Why kind of rubbish do we get from MIW now?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The AVA practice of dealing with strays are well known to animal lovers yet this arsehole never did anything to stop AVA. Now confirm sold out liao.

Side note to dog owners, the first place to call when your dog gone missing is to call AVA centre as pasir panjang. Those arseholes over there dun care the dog got license or not, even tagged also dun care. They will cull every animals they rounded up on thursday( not sure they change the schedule). If your pet in AVA custody, you will have to pay AVA $400 plus gst to redeem your pet.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If your pet in AVA custody, you will have to pay AVA $400 plus gst to redeem your pet.

Wow... redeem your own pet also want to monetize? :rolleyes:

Also, what are the safeguards from the AVA goons deliberately stealing pets so they can generate some additional income opportunity?

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which CB politician said politics and activism can't mixed?

I think he is that Ah Loong guy!!

Joined PAP some more!!