• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More expensive to eat at hawker centres now but 'prices still affordable', says Case

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More expensive to eat at hawker centres now but 'prices still affordable', says Case
PUBLISHED ON OCT 20, 2014 11:12 AM 82 6 0 0
PRINT
EMAIL

BY AW CHENG WEI
SINGAPORE - It is more expensive to eat at hawker centres now, but prices are still affordable, said the Consumer Association of Singapore (Case).

This is because prices for certain types of hawker food - such as roti prata, fishball noodles and mixed vegetables rice - did not increase as much as others did.

Others - such as chicken rice and nasi briyani - are 10 to 20 per cent higher now, compared to prices in 2012.

A plate of chicken rice cost $2.50 in 2012 but is $3 today.

More than 500 stalls took part in this price survey.

NEXT STORY: Man dies in Telok Blangah Crescent flat after fire broke out in the unit
- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...s-now-prices-still-affor#sthash.NSYqjzsl.dpuf

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: More expensive to eat at hawker centres now but 'prices still affordable', says C

There's that 'affordable' word used again... Mah Bow Tan loved to use it frequently. :rolleyes:

You survey folks just need to quantify the price changes. We, not you, shall decide whether it is affordable or not.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: More expensive to eat at hawker centres now but 'prices still affordable', says C

There's that 'affordable' word used again... Mah Bow Tan loved to use it frequently. :rolleyes:

You survey folks just need to quantify the price changes. We, not you, shall decide whether it is affordable or not.

The PAP ministers etc....are still "affordable".....while you are & me, are unaffordable by any SINgapore employers....they tell you straight to your face...." one of you, can employ ten of THEM "....:mad:

Yet!...the 60% vote for these affordable to make themselves unaffordable by the employers here....???

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Nobody is forced to eat at hawker centres. Fresh food is readily available and cooking at home is a breeze.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes. Black bean paste and soy sauce rice is cheap and easy to prepare.

SAMMMYBOY

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes. Black bean paste and soy sauce rice is cheap and easy to prepare.

/

Jolly BESTEST idea.

now, that question "restaurant, food court or hawker centre" is no more applicable.

/

jw5

Loyal

If your salary is as humongous as the overpaid ministars, almost anything is affordable. :rolleyes:

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Nobody is forced to eat at hawker centres. Fresh food is readily available and cooking at home is a breeze.

no, I don't understand why people eat at hawker centres ... there are food courts there are restaurants ... :rolleyes:

SAMMMYBOY

Alfrescian
Loyal

no, I don't understand why people eat at hawker centres ... there are food courts there are restaurants ... :rolleyes:

?

go Temple.
free food and drinks.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

All this talk and surveys on affordability is just sheer bovine expulsion.
Ting Ping Ling once proudly proclaimed that she was successful in persuading the hawkers in her constituency not to raise their prices.
Anyone who eats regularly in hawker centres will know that price "increases" are easily disguised with one fishball less, a few strands of noodles less.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes prices may have increased a little. But less savings is good for young singaporeans. It lets them learn the value of thrift! Just like our forefathers who made our country great.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

why doesn't CASE go after the bloody gahmen which suka suka increase rental which in turn filter down and every sgporeans gets hit?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

im so glad to live in SInkieland,most affordable place in the world,400k HDB is considered affordable,200k CPF min sum is affordable,Coe to make cars more affordable,Hawker center is getting more affordable.

Wanderer

Alfrescian
Loyal

im so glad to live in SInkieland,most affordable place in the world,400k HDB is considered affordable,200k CPF min sum is affordable,Coe to make cars more affordable,Hawker center is getting more affordable.

Sibei funny! LOL!!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

All this talk and surveys on affordability is just sheer bovine expulsion.
Ting Ping Ling once proudly proclaimed that she was successful in persuading the hawkers in her constituency not to raise their prices.
Anyone who eats regularly in hawker centres will know that price "increases" are easily disguised with one fishball less, a few strands of noodles less.

Few strands of noodles missing? more like 10g of them missing, two balls missing ( including the voters), other ingredients reduced..all at AFFORDABLE price of $2...my MP is great, she encouraged the hawkers not to increase the prices...now, I have to eat 2 bowls for a price of $4, whereas in the past I eat $2.50 a bowl.... I am filled...

I am so gad...my MP had kept my food & other things AFFORDABLE....:rolleyes:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Few strands of noodles missing? more like 10g of them missing, two balls missing ( including the voters), other ingredients reduced..all at AFFORDABLE price of $2...my MP is great, she encouraged the hawkers not to increase the prices...now, I have to eat 2 bowls for a price of $4, whereas in the past I eat $2.50 a bowl.... I am filled...

I am so gad...my MP had kept my food & other things AFFORDABLE....:rolleyes:

Hawkers help you slim down with less food... healthy lifestyle, endorsed by the Health Promotion Board.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Harsh reality is that most populace here eat out at hawker centres, out of necessity and lifestyle choices. And it's no consolation that prices of fresh food with groceries are also up, a not insignificant bite of CPI

stats-cpi.png

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hawkers help you slim down with less food... healthy lifestyle, endorsed by the Health Promotion Board.

Yah!...so good, they raised cigarette prices , so I smoke less ( I never smoked, just for discussion), they raised beer prices, so I drink less ( I rarely drink)...my government so good, I eat less, I drink less, I smoke less...but the ah pek says, less food, less smoke. less drinks, "Car Chew Neng"...how to work? my MP damn good one...all affordable...even my Ice Kosong ( with water) had increased by 10cts..still AFFORDABLE....but she is paid how much? 13K 15K....it is still affordable... ha ha ha ha :biggrin: