• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hong Kong Travel Thread

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hi just check can hkd1000 bill be used freely.
Bro joety or anyone just been to hk.
heard there alot places refused accept hkd 1000 bill.

HK$1000 is less than S$200, most places accept no problem.

iwantabreak

Yes , i got into an argument with an old woman at 7-11 , i used 1000 bill and she KPKB ... but i tell you Hongkee old woman don't play play ....

Crosby

I love this Destination for traveling. Hong Kong is the most populous and attractive city in China. I visited there almost one or two times with my friends. The Hong Kong Disneyland, Victoria Peak, Ocean Park Hong Kong and Lamma Island are my favorite spot there. I love to go there and again.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
I love this Destination for traveling. Hong Kong is the most populous and attractive city in China. I visited there almost one or two times with my friends. The Hong Kong Disneyland, Victoria Peak, Ocean Park Hong Kong and Lamma Island are my favorite spot there. I love to go there and again.

Hk now bird flu....

Amina

Guys, I have to say that discourse is going really good. It seems that all of you have great knowledge about Hong Kong. I'm really impressed and want to appreciate all of you for amazing information and superb pictures.

Crosby

Thanks Amina for this appreciate. I am glad that you like our posts and helpful for you. I want to know about your hobbies and thinking about traveling. Can you share with us through this thread?

zookeeper

Alfrescian
Loyal
For a 1st timer, where is best(hostel/cheap) place to stay AND for local street food n BIG wet market as wellearly (May).

Was there many many years ago. Stayed in a hotel (forget name) very near to YauMaTei (油麻地) MTR station.
Short walking distance to Temple Street (庙街), Tung Choi Street (女人街) etc
No problem traveling to most other places because MTR is so very convenient (but no escalator).

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was there many many years ago. Stayed in a hotel (forget name) very near to YauMaTei (油麻地) MTR station.
Short walking distance to Temple Street (庙街), Tung Choi Street (女人街) etc
No problem traveling to most other places because MTR is so very convenient (but no escalator).

So large wet market, open air food, access to airport easy?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

zookeeper

Alfrescian
Loyal
So large wet market, open air food, access to airport easy?

Not a fan of wet market. I think few well known large wet markets in HK. The one in Kowloon is located at Kowloon City, about 2-3 km east of YauMaTei. No MTR. Take taxi.

Temple Street is known also for its open air food. Note night market.

Airport got airport train linking to normal MTR services. Not a problem.