• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why PAP allow Indon Businessman to own 30 cars?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
This bugger owns up to 30 cars in his personal collection. That means that he owns singlehandedly 30 COEs for his cars. He can afford to pay whatever is the asking price for the COEs because he has money. But it has reduced the pool of COEs for other people to buy, and hence made the price more expensive. The fucking PAP only caters to the rich. They should restrict the ownership of cars to one or 2 per person, or per household. Anyone caught with more than 2 vehicles in their home should be penalized. This is a more equitable way to give car ownership to regular people. Non citizens or PRs should not even be allowed to own a COE or a car. Regular people cannot compete with this kind of rich people. And the PAP have been letting them in in droves for the last few years.

Businessman Karsono Kwee has 25-30 cars and half a dozen motorbikes

By Christopher Tan | The Straits Times | Monday, Oct 13, 2014

SINGAPORE - Businessman Karsono Kwee owns and runs one of the most successful motor businesses in the region.

The 66-year-old's Trans Eurokars group, with multi-franchise dealerships in Singapore and Indonesia, rakes in an annual turnover of nearly $500 million. Brands in his stable include Rolls-Royce, Porsche, Mini and Mazda in Singapore, and Porsche, BMW and Mazda in Indonesia.

Observers often attribute his three-decade track record in an infamously competitive industry to his business acumen and hands-on approach to running his business.

But close associates will know that his success has as much to do with his love of cars.

Mr Kwee remembers his first set of wheels - a Vespa scooter which he rode in his teens in Surabaya, Indonesia, where he grew up.

His first car was a used Opel Rekord, which he bought when he was 20; and his first brand new car was a Volkswagen Beetle he acquired when he was 22.

But it was not until he came to Singapore a year later that "my car fever started".

He saw a green Porsche 911 Targa cruising by the old Paya Lebar Airport, and fell in love with it. The year was 1971.

In 1977, he bought his first Porsche, a 924, followed swiftly by a 911 and then a 928, which was then the flagship model.

In 1982, he bought his first Rolls-Royce, a Silver Spirit.

Then, in 1985, when the previous Porsche agent in Singapore went into financial difficulties, Mr Kwee, who was then in the electronics import-and- export business, made a pitch for the franchise, along with big players such as Cycle & Carriage.

The German manufacturer must have sensed his passion, and the rest is pretty much history.

Today, Mr Kwee's "car fever" is seen in an impressive collection of 25 to 30 cars and half a dozen motorcycles.

The number of cars in his collection varies because he periodically sells off a few and acquires a few more. For instance, his most recent addition is the Porsche Macan compact SUV.
- See more at: http://transport.asiaone.com/showro...nd-half-dozen-motorbikes#sthash.mZxVI1iX.dpuf

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
They should restrict the ownership of cars to one or 2 per person, or per household. Anyone caught with more than 2 vehicles in their home should be penalized.

You've come up with many dumb suggestions but this one takes the cake.

Your IQ is obviously deteriorating from an already sub par position. I suggest you seek treatment before it is too late.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is said makes sense. Prs n foreigners not allowed to own cars n limit to 2 per family. Nothing wrong in tat.

Your IQ is obviously deteriorating from an already sub par position. I suggest you seek treatment before it is too late.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sinkapore is for sinkees, not for loaded foreigners.

I would suggest to charge $1 million for the third CEO and raising by another million for each subsequent one. After all, the goal of COE is to contain congestion mah as proclaimed by the PAP.

Do I have to go for treatment too?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If we charge $1 million for the second COE and raising it by a million for each subsequent COE, this foreigner will boost our infrastructure fund by $380 million!

Of course, I highly doubt that he will want to own that many cars if the price of subsequent COEs is in the millions.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he can buy cars without having to drive them cant he?there should be a coe category called the family pass category like theme parks where u are allowed unlimited car ownership but can only drive one.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If we charge $1 million for the second COE and raising it by a million for each subsequent COE, this foreigner will boost our infrastructure fund by $380 million!

Of course, I highly doubt that he will want to own that many cars if the price of subsequent COEs is in the millions.

How much of the $380 will really end up in our infrastructure?
Or pocketed by vile pappy shits?
Or pay their contractor cronies minions billions to build overpriced substandard infrastructure like the MCE?

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another example of the pappy's "success"- FT's living it up while locals suffer.

Anyone knows if this chap or his son(s) serve NS.
Does he celebrate Indonesian National Day in grand style like the Pinoys?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u guys need to stop the mindless bashing,this guy came to Singapore in the 1970s....he is nothing like the modern f trash that walks the streets.....he is a true blue sinkiefied ft back when fts were rare and unheard of....he is not part of pinky's program to unload trash in this country by the truckloads and tiger air planeloads.

its more than i can say for some useless 2 mouthed pariah dogs that ran away from singapore for nearly 8 to 20 years and still praise the regimes to high heavens even though they no longer know what its like to live here.....

Last edited:

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wonder whether he got pioneer package.
u guys need to stop the mindless bashing,this guy came to Singapore in the 1970s....he is nothing like the modern f trash that walks the streets.....he is a true blue sinkiefied ft back when fts were rare and unheard of....

its more than i can say for some useless 2 mouthed pariah dogs that ran away from singapore for nearly 8 to 20 years and still praise the regimes to high heavens even though they no longer know what its like to live here.....

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is completely acceptable.

The price of second COE is charged at $1 million. Each subsequent COE will increase by a million.

bro many moons ago somebody suggested this and spreading the coe (40%-25%-20%-15%).

First car for all Sinkies with families (below 3 litre), Cat 1 COE

first car for all single or married sinkies with no family (below 3 litre) Cat 2 COE

2nd car for all sinkies w families (below 3 litre) Cat 2 COE

Foreigners and PRs, and any luxury car above 3 litre - Cat 3 COE.

Sports cars and any car above 4 litres, any 3rd car and above - Cat 4 COE

.........such a fucking simple and equitable set of rules the LTA cannot implement?

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Something should be done and I am sure it can be done. It's PAP we are talking about. Tell me something they tried to implement but failed.
Cars are not just for personal collection. Many people are using it as a livelihood. High COE prices are translated into increase cost for consumers. This is one of those inflation elements which can be eliminated.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Something should be done and I am sure it can be done. It's PAP we are talking about. Tell me something they tried to implement but failed.
Cars are not just for personal collection. Many people are using it as a livelihood. High COE prices are translated into increase cost for consumers. This is one of those inflation elements which can be eliminated.

My proposal should be implemented.

First COE at fixed price of $10k;
Second COE will be $1 million;
3rd and subsequent COE will increase by a million, eg 3rd COE is $2 million, 4th COE is $3 million etc.

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

3rd and subsequent COE will increase by a million, eg 3rd COE is $2 million, 4th COE is $3 million etc.

Pay me millions first before I offer my solution. :p

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sinkapore is for sinkees, not for loaded foreigners.

I would suggest to charge $1 million for the third CEO and raising by another million for each subsequent one. After all, the goal of COE is to contain congestion mah as proclaimed by the PAP.

Do I have to go for treatment too?

Not say I want to say, wait Mr Kwee and his like will get his family members or employees to buy on his behalf then how?