• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why I’ll Never Return to Singapore

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i agree with him.....sinkies are poor communicators and conversationalists.....u try going to australia and participating in their conversations,holy shit....i once met this young australian hippy looking guy when i was backpacking in aussieland,he literally spent a whole hour of the purest most intense conversation about movies,analysing them,talking about styles genres,about their meanings,their philosophy,their psychology,their art and whatnot....he was a true Cinephilie,like he had a phd in movies or something but he looks like just a normal australian dude,he talked so fast and so much i didnt even understand half the stuff he was saying,i didnt even know there was so much to know about films.the funniest thing was he looked like he was just having a regular conversation.

in australia u can have conversations with almost anyone,even strangers,even fucking kids and teenagers would sometimes come up and talk to u and shoot shit for like 15 minutes.

extract from the article:

I would describe my time living in Singapore as sterile. Nothing particularly bad happened, but it wasn’t particularly good either. Daily life was convenient, but it was only the bare minimum of living. I had everything I needed to be comfortable, but I didn’t have anything that inspired me. Even though there wasn’t a language barrier, I encountered a hefty communication barrier. In my experience, people were polite but conversations rarely moved past surface-level niceties. Of the conversations that I took part in and overheard, the vast majority of them were about work. I routinely watched people work 15 hours days and stress over strict deadlines. Yes it was living, and they were making progress, but it wasn’t holistic and people openly admitted to me that it wasn’t fulfilling.

the author isnt going to be happy overseas either. the problems are inherent in himself. inspiration can be found in a grain of sand. good conversations happen when you open up truthfully and honestly. people who work 15 hours have made certain lifestyle choices they are trying to maintain.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
i agree with him.....sinkies are poor communicators and conversationalists.....u try going to australia and participating in their conversations,holy shit....i once met this young australian hippy looking guy when i was backpacking in aussieland,he literally spent a whole hour of the purest most intense conversation about movies,analysing them,talking about styles genres,about their meanings,their philosophy,their psychology,their art and whatnot....he was a true Cinephilie,like he had a phd in movies or something but he looks like just a normal australian dude,he talked so fast and so much i didnt even understand half the stuff he was saying,i didnt even know there was so much to know about films.the funniest thing was he looked like he was just having a regular conversation.

in australia u can have conversations with almost anyone,even strangers,even fucking kids and teenagers would sometimes come up and talk to u and shoot shit for like 15 minutes.

H must a be a fan of the Cohen brothers.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he'll kpkb about being too frigid and cold. his lanjiao and lumpar will shrink, and then he'll kpkb about that too. :rolleyes:

You got your facts wrong lah ...the social welfare is first class, so they will not freeze at all. If they have problem with their organ, they can get medical help without worrying about the bills. :biggrin:

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
...i once met this young australian hippy looking guy when i was backpacking in aussieland,he literally spent a whole hour of the purest most intense conversation about movies,analysing them,talking about styles genres,about their meanings,their philosophy,their psychology,their art and whatnot....

Wow..what happened after...go hotel?

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
this cannot that cannot..you must be the product of sinkie uncreative zombie education...enjoy getting stuck in sinkieland and then rot and die there.

Jiu hu kia, we know you can but no country wants rubbish like you..

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

he is just trying to impress you so that he can get a blowjob from you.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
then stop talking to sinkies and have a proper conversation with a singaporean.. i've had the most remarkable conversations about life talking to uncles and aunties. in any conversation, the failure to communicate can lie with both parties. if you can't elicit good conversations from singaporeans, then there might be something wrong with your style of communication.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
boh lui...? i already got visa for down under but i can't find a job, australia's economy also not doing well..besides, there is no one to look after my aged mum. i am the arrowed sibling to do the task.

Forget about Australia, you are better off in a familiar environment, facing the same familiar shits, since you can find enough excuses.
Australia is a free country, so you expect all kinds.

Unless you know how to carry yourself (not just your balls), network (I mean really network!!) and you are a fast learner, you are better off in the safety of the red dot island.

Just remember, no matter how bad the economy is, the % of employed is still more than unemployed.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Forget about Australia, you are better off in a familiar environment...since you can find enough excuses.
Unless you know how to carry yourself (not just your balls), network (I mean really network!!) and you are a fast learner, you are better off in the safety of the red dot island.
Enough said. When it comes to the shove, mindset change is inevitable. And the proverbial famiiarity breeds contempt (from source) may well be the push.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i decided to stay back in sinkieland to give pap my sappork. i really mean well, i want robert lee and his daddy to know that i am the best...! better than his jealous cronies.:rolleyes:

Forget about Australia, you are better off in a familiar environment, facing the same familiar shits, since you can find enough excuses.
Australia is a free country, so you expect all kinds.

Just remember, no matter how bad the economy is, the % of employed is still more than unemployed.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The problem with Australia is the cutting questions they ask you back, and that you need to win the consensus to get things working. It is no good that you have a good plan, you have to sell your plans, play good politics (they will smell your bad politics a mile away) and in today Twitter age, ignore the noise and rebutt potential mines.

This is unlike China or Singapore where everyone nod whether they agree or not.

That is how you end up with PAP running circles around you, yet the Sinkees stay obedient.

Sometimes, Sinkees create too much peace and harmony for the con men to screw the Singkees further until the holes pit-cha.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...Australia is the cutting questions they ask you back, and that you need to win the consensus to get things working. It is no good that you have a good plan, you have to sell your plans, play good politics (they will smell your bad politics a mile away)
This is unlike China or Singapore where everyone nod whether they agree or not.[/I]
Business (and work) wise, some aussies I engage with can come with sharp elbows. And business associates can be condescending, but real co-operation's not there.

But yes, straight talk differentiates nods we get with many locals here.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro,iv lived in singapore all my life and iv only been to australia 6 months and i tell u sinkies cant talk for shit,theres nothing in their brains but shit......tallk to sinkie aunties and uncles lol?u might as well blow ur brains out.....and the problem is not just between ang mohs and sinkies......i used to work for a stint at a semicon factory and my workplace was full of tiongs,my mandarin is not very good half fuck jiapalang but holy shit those tiongs can talk.they talk like machine guns and the breadth and depth of their knowledge is amazing,they can talk about any subject under the sun.shit they even know more about singapore and malaysian politics then i think the average typical sinkie knows......even though i hate foreigners,i hate to say this but sinkies for some reason most of them cant make it in the real world,poor eq,poor communicators,poor language skills,poor depth of knowledge and lack of understanding of much of the real world.no wonder sinkies seems lost like kids most of the time,need a "adult" or "higher authority" to tell them what to do,the balless and humji traits?sinkies are children,they have no independent thinking of their own,and the cognitive and mental naivety of children......sinkies are petty,self centered and fragile ego like children even though they are the ones who cmi.

PLEASE I BEG U ALL GUYS LEAVE THIS GODFORSAKEN COUNTRY,GO MINGLE WITH AUSSIES AND TIONGS INSTEAD OF SINKIES,IT WILL IMPROVE UR LIFE IN EVERY WAY.IT WILL DEVELOP YOU AS A PERSON,IT WILL DEVELOP UR MIND,IT WILL IMPROVE YOUR LIFE IN EVERY WAY.

im applying for australian PR now and going for chinese tuition classes!!!!

then stop talking to sinkies and have a proper conversation with a singaporean.. i've had the most remarkable conversations about life talking to uncles and aunties. in any conversation, the failure to communicate can lie with both parties. if you can't elicit good conversations from singaporeans, then there might be something wrong with your style of communication.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes thats the problems,those aussies are very sharp and intelligent and quick witted,sinkies although study 10 times more than the average aussie and super highly educated,their brains are still half fuck and full of shit.

The problem with Australia is the cutting questions they ask you back, and that you need to win the consensus to get things working. It is no good that you have a good plan, you have to sell your plans, play good politics (they will smell your bad politics a mile away) and in today Twitter age, ignore the noise and rebutt potential mines.

This is unlike China or Singapore where everyone nod whether they agree or not.

That is how you end up with PAP running circles around you, yet the Sinkees stay obedient.

Sometimes, Sinkees create too much peace and harmony for the con men to screw the Singkees further until the holes pit-cha.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
your mind is made up. i won't convince you otherwise.

i personally hate it when someone who is emigrating tries to convince the whole world to up and leave with her and make a whole song and dance about it. people like that are often unsure of their decision to leave and are seeking affirmation from others.

just leave quietly and let the rest of us make this place better. maybe there might be a place for you to come back to when you finally take off those rose tinted glasses you have on when in australia.

bro,iv lived in singapore all my life and iv only been to australia 6 months and i tell u sinkies cant talk for shit,theres nothing in their brains but shit......tallk to sinkie aunties and uncles lol?u might as well blow ur brains out.....and the problem is not just between ang mohs and sinkies......i used to work for a stint at a semicon factory and my workplace was full of tiongs,my mandarin is not very good half fuck jiapalang but holy shit those tiongs can talk.they talk like machine guns and the breadth and depth of their knowledge is amazing,they can talk about any subject under the sun.shit they even know more about singapore and malaysian politics then i think the average typical sinkie knows......even though i hate foreigners,i hate to say this but sinkies for some reason most of them cant make it in the real world,poor eq,poor communicators,poor language skills,poor depth of knowledge and lack of understanding of much of the real world.no wonder sinkies seems lost like kids most of the time,need a "adult" or "higher authority" to tell them what to do,the balless and humji traits?sinkies are children,they have no independent thinking of their own,and the cognitive and mental naivety of children......sinkies are petty,self centered and fragile ego like children even though they are the ones who cmi.

PLEASE I BEG U ALL GUYS LEAVE THIS GODFORSAKEN COUNTRY,GO MINGLE WITH AUSSIES AND TIONGS INSTEAD OF SINKIES,IT WILL IMPROVE UR LIFE IN EVERY WAY.IT WILL DEVELOP YOU AS A PERSON,IT WILL DEVELOP UR MIND,IT WILL IMPROVE YOUR LIFE IN EVERY WAY.

im applying for australian PR now and going for chinese tuition classes!!!!

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
i know that once you hit 44 or 45, they will not approve but once i get a job, i will fly over.

Not true. Even if you are as old as LKY and sitting in a wheel chair but with A$1 million in your pocket, the Aussies will open legs and arms to welcome you.

The Aussies see only the colour of your money, not the colour of your skin or your age, which is only a number. Money talks, not your age.