• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SAF invites FTs to join

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Saf volunteer corps: Rubbing salt into the wounds of ns liable singaporeans

I can wayang better, I can easily fixed 20 out of 1.5mil FTs to say I willing to do NS for Sinkapore. Put them under my team I make sure they do do all the dirty work.

A silly LHL policy to try and placate Singaporeans who are compelled to do NS when jobs are given to foreigners.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is a very calculated move from the way you put it.

Pinky is a trained mathematician so every move is calculated.

But he still hasn't till this day gave us the formula how GST helped the poor.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pinky is a trained mathematician so every move is calculated.

But he still hasn't till this day gave us the formula how GST helped the poor.

GST is to help the poor (to become poorer).

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

can i quit my ns liabilities and sign up for this volunteer corps too?the two years i served i just simply sue the garmen back for it.....after all i want to show the nation im "patriotic" too but dont want to be "tied down".

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Kweh Ting Ting - SAFVC volunteer.

20394047.JPG

52127_10152827307487345_5539215362710930383_o.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/blythedoll

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

if these people awol from volunteer corps how?do they have to go DB?4 weeks awol can be quite serious u know,can be charged for desertion....will we see our first ft in DB?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is this unit going to be the PAP's Republican Guards?

They will be the deployed as the first line of defense guarding the beaches.

Watched a BBC documentary about the Normandy landings. One of the veterans said at the interview that once they cleared the beaches and got close enough to the machine gun pillboxes, the Allied soldiers were surprised to see Chinese or Japanese looking soldiers in German uniforms. It turned out that they were Ukrainians (east asian looking) whom were placed there as the first line of defense.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
If these PRs can join SAF Volunteer Corp, why can't they serve full NS?

What is fucking wrong with the PAP? Why can't they make all males wanting to be sinkie PRs to serve NS first? Why do they get a free ride and enjoy the privelege of being a sinkie like eligibility to buy HDB flats? They are accepting 42, 30, and 29 years old into the SAF Volunteer Corp, they can jolly well serve NS too. And it turns out some of these PRs have foreign military experience too, even better for NS. Fucking Gay Loong and his bunch of traitors. Yeah, the PAP is all about fulfilling PRs aspirations. Local born sinkies can eat shit and die.

S'pore PRs plan to sign up to fulfil aspirations

After hanging up his army boots a decade ago, Mr Calven Bland is thirsting for another spell in the military. The New Zealand-born Singapore permanent resident (PR), who was a logistician with the New Zealand Army for 12 years before coming to Singapore in 2005, plans to sign up with the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) Volunteer Corps as a security trooper. The 42-year-old, and others who are interested in getting a "stint" in the military, can sign up as military volunteers today. Mr Bland, who is married to a Singaporean, said he is stepping up to be a volunteer as he admires the common bond that Singaporean males share as national servicemen. "I get a little jealous when they have something common to talk about... after 10 years in Singapore, I would want to be part of the brotherhood," said the business development manager in a marine construction firm. The father-to-be added: "If I expect my son to serve, as his father, I have to do something that is similar in nature... it's as close as I'm going to get to defending the country." Vietnam-born PR Dao Tuan Son, 30, who has also been in Singapore for 10 years, said he wanted to go beyond the day-to-day acts of volunteerism to serve the country that has groomed him into what he is today. The commercial analyst at General Electric Oil and Gas, who is also keen to sign up as a security trooper, said: "Everybody can donate but not everyone can be an SAF volunteer... it's a challenge that is well worth it." While people like Mr Bland and Mr Son are stepping forward as volunteers to fulfil their personal aspirations, the SAF also benefits from the sharing of their expertise. Major Alvin Phua, who heads the Air Force National Servicemen Branch in the Air Manpower Department, said volunteers with engineering expertise can act as consultants and share their industries' best practices to "improve work processes" in the air force. Pharmacist and part-time polytechnic lecturer Jeremy Wong Weng Joon, 29, a Malaysia-born PR, said he is keen to sign up as a medical trainer. Although he has yet to inform his employer about his intentions, he is confident that he will get the go-ahead. "If they support NSmen, why not volunteers?" - See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/spore-prs-plan-sign-fulfil-aspirations#sthash.qiHFZ2O8.dpuf

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: If these PRs can join SAF Volunteer Corp, why can't they serve full NS?

Can the PAP depend on these people to be its Republican Guards?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Can the PAP depend on these people to be its Republican Guards?

The PAP trust these people more than they trust local born sinkies. Witness the Gurkhas protecting Old Fart.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

This shows that foreign imports are of extremely high calibre and have a greater sense of responsibility than most sinkies.

If NS was voluntary for sinkies, not a single one would sign up.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This shows that foreign imports are of extremely high calibre and have a greater sense of responsibility than most sinkies.

If NS was voluntary for sinkies, not a single one would sign up.

PAP Republican guards vs SAF, who will win?