• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fas: The national stadium’s $833,000 grass is still not up to standard

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Footballer baihakki khaizan: Singapore new national stadium is all about money

To be honest, they could have just refurbished the old Kallang stadium. Install new seats, renovate the gallery, maybe install LED lights. Many football clubs do this if moving to or constructing a new stadium is not feasible - there's no shame at all. The football clubs need to increase seat capacity because of financial regulations and to increase matchday revenue - that can make all the difference between whether they sign a good player or not.

Penny wise, pound foolish - the same old story of the PAP.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Footballer baihakki khaizan: Singapore new national stadium is all about money

what i hate most is how they revamped my beloved katong!!knn all the old sinkie styled shops and eateries are gone....now its full of upstart bars and western restaurants where all the ang mohs and spgs congregate.this country is fast becoming a joke.

Guillemard Road: that turtle soup joint became a bar/restaurant. :biggrin:

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

To be honest, they could have just refurbished the old Kallang stadium. Install new seats, renovate the gallery, maybe install LED lights. Many football clubs do this if moving to or constructing a new stadium is not feasible - there's no shame at all. The football clubs need to increase seat capacity because of financial regulations and to increase matchday revenue - that can make all the difference between whether they sign a good player or not.

Penny wise, pound foolish - the same old story of the PAP.

If they don't howlian spend money like this, who wants to shake their hands when they visit other countries? :oIo:
I will welcome them with my arms open wide wide. Inside me, "Carrot head is in town" :p:biggrin:
Now you know why Pinky has to bring Whore Jinx around? Choy Sun Dao! :oIo:

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
what i hate most is how they revamped my beloved katong!!knn all the old sinkie styled shops and eateries are gone....now its full of upstart bars and western restaurants where all the ang mohs and spgs congregate.this country is fast becoming a joke.

Glad you brought this up. Was damn tulan to see tons of angmoh in Katong. Katong used to be a local hideout and Angmoh stayed in their Orchard. Now, they have started colonising Katong and its losing its flavour.....

Isogallardo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Artificial turf for football field..the grass can grow meh?!

This one is a fail!

10373657_730599823643991_2443538634568157927_n.jpg

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Artificial turf for football field..the grass can grow meh?!

Remove the oversized roof. I know its meant to keep spectators dry in rain and shady during the day, but its not letting enough sunlight to the allow the grass to grow properly. The architect who designed the stadium probably did not do gardening.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shameful PAP Cannot Even Handle Stadium Grass. How can they handle 6.9mil population?

PAP is really shameless to the core!!!

Under lee hsien loong leadership, PAP cannot even handle stadium grass!!

do you still trust PAP to lead Singapore with 6.9million of population?

Do you still trust Lee Hsien Loong and his wife to manage your cpf?

Jay Chou's Singapore concert postponed to keep National Stadium field ready for Suzuki Cup -

See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/sp...ield-ready-suzuki-cup-20#sthash.VNYk6K0B.dpuf

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Shameful PAP Cannot Even Handle Stadium Grass. How can they handle 6.9mil populat

if they can handle, i worry.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Shameful PAP Cannot Even Handle Stadium Grass. How can they handle 6.9mil populat

only the roots..

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I thought their grassroots leaders very tok kong one ?

Of course they are tok kong - in por lam par.

The grass, you have to excuse them- as VB says, of YOG, we have never done it before.
Or as useless Vase Jo Teo says, we must not expect to have things work first time everytime.
Also, if all the grassroot/por lam pars turn up together and walk on the grass, then what do you expect?

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I thought their grassroots leaders very tok kong one ?

of course, of course - Elected Members of Parliament wanting to hold a community event to sell festival goodies to the residents need to get approval from grassroot leader that is a volunteer community leader.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

They splurged the money on the expensive grass. Inheriting the typical PAP 'I must have my return on investment asap' shallow and greedy mentality, they crammed in all sorts of events: football matches, rugby matches, concerts etc.... and consequently didn't give enough time for the grass to grow (assuming it grows at all).

This is the exact same mentality that had kept the Bukit Brown MRT station closed, because there weren't enough people living nearby to facilitate that 'return on investment'. :rolleyes:

AttilaTheHun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not just the PAP, even to Blue Rubbish aka PAP team B is useless.

CloneHunter

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fengshui is bad for PAP...even grass refuse to grow...

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fengshui is bad for PAP...even grass refuse to grow...

It is bad for Singapore..

Here we have the govt worried over some million dollar of grass that does not grow well..

Here we have the govt fixing the opposition on some roof cleaning issue and now squabbling on some technical terms whether an event is a community event or mini-fair that requires permit from them. ( and to fine them a max of $1000 and spending hundreds of thousands bringing their entourage to the courtroom)

Look, we have uncles and auntie scourging back allies for unused cardboards to get a meal on the table.

Where is the care and concern for the underprivileged..???

Is our govt doing the right thing..??

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

Look, we have uncles and auntie scourging back allies for unused cardboards to get a meal on the table.

so what do you want? 3 tables at hawker center, 3 tables at foodcourt or 3 tables in restaurant?