• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man cheats 7 senior citizens out of more than $2,000

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Zaihan Mohamed YusofThe New PaperThursday, Oct 09, 2014
20141007_zycheat_TNP.jpg
1 0 0
Print
You would expect senior citizens like Madam Aminah to be treated with love and respect.
At 82, the widow can proudly say she raised nine children and experienced a war and turmoil prior to Singapore's independence.
In her golden years, Madam Aminah (not her real name) is content to spend time with the people she loves.
Unfortunately, one serial cheat has manipulated simple, kind-hearted senior citizens like Madam Aminah.
In April last year, Jumahri Suriman came knocking at Madam Aminah's door with an offer of help.
The brief encounter with Jumahri at her three-room flat in Ghim Moh would prove costly for Madam Aminah, as she was conned of $200 and had her $300 mobile phone stolen.
She told The New Paper in Malay: "We don't work or earn much, and yet he had the audacity to cheat harmless people like me.
"He is still young and able-bodied. I'm sure he would get more money by working than cheating people."
We're not identifying Madam Aminah as she lives alone in a flat she has owned since 1976.
Some of her children give her enough money each month for her expenses.
Investigations revealed that Jumahri, then, 56, had been cheating Malay senior citizens from April to August last year.
In all, the former cleaner, who was sentenced to 11 months' jail, pocketed $2,298 from seven victims.
While the amount may be considered small, District Judge Jasvender Kaur said in her judgment on Sept 15 that "simple-minded elderly need to be protected".
Figures show an increase in the number of seniors falling victim to cheats in the last three years, the police said.
That morning in April, Jumahri told Madam Aminah he was from the community centre and that he was looking for a Malay woman with a name that sounded like "Amnah".
Madam Aminah said: "I told him 'you got the wrong flat because my name is Aminah'. It was then he said he got the right address because it was 'Aminah' he was looking for."
MISTAKE
She admitted making the mistake of letting Jumahri into her home.
"His shoes were polished and he wore a long-sleeved shirt," Madam Aminah added.
"He was polite and looked trustworthy."
Jumahri told Madam Aminah that he could get her financial aid worth $800. To qualify for the scheme, he told her he needed to examine her identity card (IC).
But she noticed he held her identity card in a strange way - by touching only the tips of the card.
She said: "Now that I know he was a cheat, I suppose he did not want to leave his fingerprints on my IC."
To get the $800, Jumahri told Madam Aminah she had to make an "advance payment" of $200 to him.
When she went to her room to retrieve the $200, he pretended to make a call on his mobile phone to check on her eligibility for payment.
While she was in her room, Madam Aminah believes Jumahri took the opportunity to steal her mobile phone, which she had left near the sofa.
She said: "I believed him because he said he would return in the evening to give me a receipt. Before he left, he had even advised me to keep the gate locked.
"When I realised I was duped, I was angry and cursed him, hoping that he would get caught."
Her anger later gave way to fear and paranoia, said one of Madam Aminah's daughters, who gave her name only as Madam Azizah, 52.
Her family now makes it a point not to leave Madam Aminah alone in the evenings. Her daughters take turns to visit her or arrange for Madam Aminah to sleep over at their homes.
Madam Azizah, a secretary, said: "She was afraid that he would return.
"For a while she stopped going to the prayer hall at a nearby block. Since the incident, she keeps the door closed at all times."
The family is glad that Madam Aminah was not hurt. Jumahri could have used violence knowing that she was all alone, said Madam Azizah.
She added: "My mother is not rich but she lives comfortably with the allowance she gets from my siblings.
"I can't imagine what it's like for the other senior citizens who may not be financially stable. Losing $200 could mean losing the world to them."
- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/crime/man-cheats-7-senior-citizens-out-more-2000#sthash.pTC2hbhi.dpuf

crossroads

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You would expect senior citizens like Madam Aminah to be treated with love and respect.
At 82, the widow can proudly say she raised nine children and experienced a war and turmoil prior to Singapore's independence.

Unfortunately, one serial cheat has manipulated simple, kind-hearted senior citizens like Madam Aminah.

Cheaters are no respecters of age or infirmity and in fact take advantage of people like these.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
趁你病,拿你命!

this mat should be executed by firing squad...

Dun get emotional la gong cheebye.
Then vile pappies cheat you day in day out how?
Or the many FTs here setup shops even to scam you?
Small time crooks you wanna execute then big ones roam freely still

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
we are of different frequency now onwards, i now belong to the elites, pap supporter and a very proud one...you are just another stoopid CB that should be put down by the vet.:biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
we are of different frequency now onwards, i now belong to the elites, pap supporter and a very proud one...you are just another stoopid CB that should be put down by the vet.:biggrin:

In your deams you delusional loser.
Carry on drive your cab and shut the fuck up!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
wait a minute, beside chopping off animals and people's head, telling a lie in the face and now cheating...

So what the fuck did they pray in the fucking mosque every fucking friday..they pray for killing, telling a lie and cheating?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
趁你病,拿你命!

this mat should be executed by firing squad...

Tell you something la krafty. Just change the this m&d to say chinese but everything else remain the same suddenly narong wouldn't flame you for writing that maybe even praise you.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
all this shit for S$2,300/-... somemore target malay elderly...where got meat....

http://www.lawnet.com.sg/legal/ln2/rss/subcourts/16455.html

Public Prosecutor v Jumahri Bin Suriman
[2014] SGDC 358

Suit No: DAC 35098 to 35105 of 2013
Decision Date: 15 September 2014
Court: District Court
Coram: Kaur Jasvender
Counsel: Lim Qian Yi Cheryl (Deputy Public Prosecutor) for the Prosecution; Udeh Kumar s/o Sethuraju (S K Kumar Law Practice LLP) for the accused

15 September 2014

District Judge Kaur Jasvender:

1 The accused is aged 56 years old. He faced seven counts of cheating under s 420 Penal Code (Cap 224) and one count of theft in dwelling under s 380 Penal Code (Cap 224). The prosecution proceeded with two charges of cheating and the charge of theft. The accused pleaded guilty to the three charges and admitted to the remaining five cheating charges and gave his consent for them to be taken into consideration for the purpose of sentence.

2 The eight offences were committed over a period of about five months and the total amount of the property involved is $2,298. The accused made full restitution. A term of five months’ imprisonment was imposed on the first and the eight charge and six months’ imprisonment on the second charge. Two of the terms were ordered to run consecutively. The accused has appealed against the aggregate sentence of 11 months’ imprisonment.

Summary of facts

3 In April 2013, the accused was in financial difficulties. He then came up with a plan to cheat elderly residents in old public housing estates to obtain cash. He went around the old public housing estates looking for victims and devised different scams to cheat them each time. He perpetrated the scams between April 2013 to August 2013.

Facts relating to 1st charge

4 The victim, aged 66 years, works as a cleaner for the Ang Mo Kio Town Council. On 22 May 2013, she was at the void deck of a block of HDB flats when the accused approached her. She was then in her Town Council uniform.

5 The accused lied to the victim that he was a staff member from the Town Council and was checking whether her employer had been paying her salary correctly. The victim replied that she was paid $350 fortnightly. In response, the accused falsely told her that she was in fact supposed to receive $800 monthly, which would be $400 fortnightly. He also lied to her that he would be able to obtain her full salary of $800 from her employer if she passed him the $350 that she had received. To gain the victim’s trust, the accused pretended to call the victim’s employer to talk about her salary issue. The victim was thereby deceived and handed the accused the sum of $350.

Facts relating to the second charge

6 The victim is aged 73 years. She was at the Teck Ghee Market Square when the accused approached her and falsely represented himself as ‘Haji Lan’, a staff member of Pertapis Welfare Organisation. He engaged in casual conversation with the victim and found out that her daughter frequently went to Malaysia. He lied that he will be able to obtain financial aid for her and requested for her mobile number. She gave him her number. The accused then left.

7 Three days later, the accused called the victim. He lied to her that her daughter had been arrested in Malaysia for selling cigarettes. He added that he will be able to assist her to bail her daughter out for $700. The victim believed the accused and agreed to meet him to pass him the money for the bail sum. When they met, the accused accompanied the victim to a bank to withdraw the money. After the victim withdrew the money, she passed it to the accused.

Facts relating to the eight charge

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Narong you gongest chee bye, number one supporter of Foreign Trash Tonychat still want to KPKB about FT??

Last edited:

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then Old Autocrat took people's monies and put in Compelled Fish Trap, then now have no intention of returning the monies and use Annalities to play tricks, ok??!!

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
wait a minute, beside chopping off animals and people's head, telling a lie in the face and now cheating...

So what the fuck did they pray in the fucking mosque every fucking friday..they pray for killing, telling a lie and cheating?

Jiu hu kia, no clue.

Why don't you fuck home and ask your fellow Malay countrymen for the correct answer to that. No point asking behind your PC.

Why dare not is it? You are ball-less?

meepokboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is all of these elderly people that they can lay their hands on. Most gullible, easily fooled, plus lack of counter reactions from them

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only don't be silly . It's not just the elderly that are simple minded here. Other peasants get scammed of more than 2k every month!

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cheaters are no respecters of age or infirmity and in fact take advantage of people like these.

Then Old Autocrat took people's monies and put in Compelled Fish Trap, then now have no intention of returning the monies and use Annalities to play tricks, ok??!!

Well said, it shows that PAP are cheaters. as no one is spared. Pioneer Generation package *pui*. Life goes on, and PAP stilll turn a blind eye to the plight of the elderly. Look no further than they old people picking up cardboard and empty cans or the cleaners.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Jiu hu kia, no clue.

Why don't you fuck home and ask your fellow Malay countrymen for the correct answer to that. No point asking behind your PC.

Why dare not is it? You are ball-less?

Aiyah only he can qualify to say these things behind people's back. When other people do that he said it is called gossip and should go confront them instead of gossiping. But don't apply to himself lah.

Btw his post is another telling sign he is obviously a jiu hu kia who dislike the msia malays.