• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lui Tuck Yew: Fewer complaints and more positive feedback since Bus Service Enhanceme

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Printer-friendly version

Samantha Boh | The Straits Times | Tuesday, Oct 7, 2014
In the short Facebook post made on Monday evening, Mr Lui reflected on how far the BSEP has come over the last two years and thanked those involved in the programme for their efforts.

Get the full story from The Straits Times.
Here is the Facebook post by Mr Lui:
When I came to Ministry of Transport 3 years ago, I understood that we had to increase capacity in our bus (and train) systems urgently and raise service standards. Hence, we launched the Bus Service Enhancement Programme in 2012, and doubled it to 1000 Government-funded buses earlier this year. We augmented existing feeder and trunk services, introduced new routes and reduced waiting time and crowdedness to significantly improve bus services for Singaporeans. We also tapped the resources of private bus operators. Our journey to introduce competition into the bus system (we launched the first tender last week) will bring further benefits in the years ahead.
Two years on, I believe the BSEP has been impactful. I receive far fewer complaints and much more positive feedback that bus rides are now better, more comfortable, more timely. I would like to especially thank the bus captains, as well as LTA, SBS Transit and SMRT and the National Trade Workers Union for your hard work and support. But there is still much to be done and we must remain steadfast in our quest for higher service standards.
In addition, to commuters who have given me suggestions on the BSEP and for your patience, let me say a big thank you to all of you.
- See more at: http://transport.asiaone.com/news/t...ive-feedback-bus-service#sthash.eIhs84pb.dpuf

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
Re: Lui Tuck Yew: Fewer complaints and more positive feedback since Bus Service Enhan

Given up on this paper admiral long time ago.