• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

#OccupyCentral thread: Give me Liberty or Give me Death!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Re: HKG Democracy rallies - Wake up Sinkies, does this sound familiar?

Singaporeans are now second class citizens in their own country, second class to PRCs.

Romagnum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Hong Kong Occupy movement is damn funny, and Singapore benefits

These youngsters can only copy the West, demonstrate, protest and full of nonsense.

When British were in charge, they didn't clamour to choose their leader, they accepted whatever London appointed.

Now that Beijing is boss, they stir shit.

No matter how, they cannot win.

If I have investments in Hong Kong, I'll be moving them to Singapore or Sydney.

This shows that a lot of Hong Kong people have below average IQ

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

These youngsters can only copy the West, demonstrate, protest and full of nonsense.
When British were in charge, they didn't clamour to choose their leader, they accepted whatever London appointed.

And you don't know the reason why the Hongkees have no complaint when the British were running the territory? Time to read up on history.

Now that Beijing is boss, they stir shit.
Looks like you need to learn more before commenting.

If I have investments in Hong Kong, I'll be moving them to Singapore or Sydney.
This shows that a lot of Hong Kong people have below average IQ
Your investment savvy is questionable based on the above statement.

Romagnum

Alfrescian
Loyal

Your investment savvy is questionable based on the above statement.

So answer lah, or you really don't know but want to look smart using rhetorical questions.

This trick very stale lah.

My point remains that Hong Kong people suck up to colonial masters but want to provoke Beijing thinking they are big fuck.

Last edited by a moderator:

DefJam

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Occupy Central goes global

Occupy Central goes global: Solidarity protests planned for dozens of cities worldwide

PUBLISHED : Tuesday, 30 September, 2014, 2:03pm
UPDATED : Tuesday, 30 September, 2014, 10:15pm

James Griffiths
[email protected]

messages-sydney.jpg

A man writes a message of support for pro-democracy protesters in Hong Kong, on the wall of Hong Kong House in central Sydney. Photo: Reuters

Solidarity protests are planned in more than 30 cities around the world this week in support of ongoing pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong.

Occupy Central entered its third day in the city on Tuesday, with much of Causeway Bay, Admiralty, Central and Mong Kok paralysed by hordes of peaceful protesters.

Police reaction has been considerably softer since tear gas and pepper spray were used heavily on Sunday night, attracting widespread condemnation both from Hong Kong and around the world.

Demonstrations were held in multiple cities across the globe on Monday as expat Hongkongers and sympathisers voiced their support for the so-called “Umbrella Movement”, named for the tool protesters are using to shield themselves from both the baking heat and police pepper spray.

1463246_1553101478254697_4444768021512447073_n.jpg

Demonstrators in Canberra, Australia. Photo: Facebook

Rallies were held in 12 cities, including Sydney, Melbourne, Paris, Berlin, Vancouver, and The Hague. In Canberra, hundreds of Australians took to a major shopping street where they held up signs voicing their support for universal suffrage in Hong Kong.

A handful of events are planned today – in Toronto, Tokyo, and Dunedin, New Zealand – according to United for Democracy: Global Solidarity with Hong Kong, which is helping to arrange and coordinate rallies over social media.

“Our group was formed when a number of spontaneous overseas events supporting the then upcoming student strike started to emerge on Facebook in early September,” said Desmond Sham, originally from Hong Kong but studying in London. “It did not take long before we found one another and soon enough we are promoting the different events across the world together.”

“Every voice matters. Even if you are just one person, you can still do a lot to raise awareness,” organisers said on Facebook. “When all of us do this together, this becomes a powerful movement.”

10679904_1553204948244350_3090183185298924607_o.png

Solidarity protests are planned for multiple cities around the world on October 1st. Photo: Facebook

October 1, the Chinese national day and what was believed to be the intended date for Occupy Central before it was started early in support of student protests, will see rallies occur in more than 30 cities around the world.

Hundreds of people are expected to doorstep the Chinese embassy and consulates in London, Manchester and Edinburgh, to protest at Beijing. Some 400 protests gathered for an impromptu protest in Trafalgar Square, London, last Sunday to denounce the heavy-handed police tactics

“It’s intolerable for the government to treat their people like this,” said student Anthony Lau On-wing at the London protests. “I think we have a critical mass right now – there are enough people who are angry whose coming out to really say what they feel about the government.”

messages-tokyo.jpg

Supporters of the Hong Kong protests attend a rally in Tokyo, Japan. Photo: Facebook

More than 27,000 people have signed up on Facebook to 'Wear Yellow for Hong Kong on October 1st', an event started by students at Harvard University which has quickly spread to other American colleges and internationally.

"I started the campaign at Harvard because I thought that very few people at my university knew about the Hong Kong democracy debate and I wanted to raise awareness about it," organiser Heather Pickerell told the Post. "The campaign started off as a Harvard-only event with just two hundred people attending, and over the past forty hours, 29,000 students have signed up to participate from over 40 universities."

Pickerell said that student groups from around the world have been using the event to help coordinate rallies on their campuses, "[it's] really indicative of how politically aware and active Hong Kong students are."

“I love my hometown. Even though I am overseas now, I still hope to do as much as I can to support democracy in Hong Kong,” said Noble Suen, 22, a student at the University of California Berkeley who is taking part in solidarity events. “The world is watching, and we are not alone.”

Some supporters in the US are also crowdfunding an advert in the New York Times on the Indiegogo platform. They've currently raised around $1,000 of a $55,000 goal, with five days to go.

"We need about $55,000 to post a full page advertisement in the New York Times next week," organisers said. "We want those who are concerned about democracy in Hong Kong to help by participating in this movement."

Additional reporting from Danny Lee, Raquel Carvalho and Jessie Lau

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal

The entire point is Beijing thinking they are big fuck. Taiwanese hate them too. All of their " chinese" forced to reunite do

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: Occupy Central goes global

Stinkapore lang bo eng?

Singaporeans are happy with the PAP, they like being told what to do and who they can and cannot elect and they want a nanny government who controls all aspects of their lives.

They therefore have no reason to protest about anything.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Occupy Central goes global

These bodoh protesters are simply tools of the USA, UK and western countries to destabilise China whenever an opportunity arises.

HK's importance to China has been diminishing with Shanghai being more an financial centre and Guangzhou more the regional transhipment centre. This incident will only accelerate HK's already steep decline.

HK is at best the tail to the China dog. The tail can never wag the dog. Period.

Overall, HK is the loser. Regional countries, e.g. Sinkapore, may pick up some juicy fallout.

GramStroker

Alfrescian
Loyal

Beijing is a big bully and damn scared.
IF, a big IF, an independent elected leader calls for a Scottish style referendum it's not going to be 44% Yes to 55% No!!!

Deal with Hong Kong people and you'll know that they are quite savvy.
At the very least they have balls.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Will history repeat itself? Is bloodshed coming?

Good Mourning Sinkieland!
Dis Mutherfarker does a good job imitating Lim Swee Say's bad diction
Unlike dey toothpick thief
What he says makes sense if you not only interested in Chow Guai Tiu!

[video=youtube;10bwDU5x4og]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10bwDU5x4og[/video]

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's a step backwards for them but in the long run it will be good for their future. The young people of HK dare to n politics, this is unheard of in Sinkie. I remember in the 70s the South Korean university students protest a loy. Look at what a powerhouse South Korea is today.

Hong Kong Occupy movement is damn funny.

Last edited by a moderator:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It's a step backwards for them but in the long run it will be good for their future. The young people of HK dare to n politics, this is unheard of in Sinkie. I remember in the 70s the South Korean university students protest a loy. Look at what a powerhouse South Korea is today.

Well said. I have added to your points. :biggrin:

With these kinds of conversations about politics on TV and other media day in day out as part of the constitutionally guaranteed right to freedom of speech, backed up by action as we are seeing now, I have no doubt that Fragrant Harbour will be a better place to live than Sinkieland which is full of [fill in the blank here].

[video=youtube;fneVIv9zJqk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fneVIv9zJqk[/video]

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hong Kong Protest show the world that leaders cannot anyhow promise something and then u-turn later... Hong Kong was promised their first direct elections in 2017.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: HKG Democracy rallies - Wake up Sinkies, does this sound familiar?

[video=youtube;ZJGf6zbFYwI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJGf6zbFYwI[/video]

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Give me Liberty or Give me Death! Giordano Tycoon joins Occupy Central!

I'm not sure if what you say is true....what I can see from the crowds is that enough parents made it down to show they want a future for their kids.
Only a brain washed sinkie dumbfuck would worry so much about exams....hahaha

This video says it all, parents are fully supportive of their kids' actions ... ...

[video=youtube;oTBabRdJAhc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTBabRdJAhc[/video]

wusangui

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Give me Liberty or Give me Death! Giordano Tycoon joins Occupy Central!

天滅中共 平反六四 還我中華