• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sad case of civil service

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
After reading/hearing so many wonderful stories of civil service, there are also some unfortunate case.

Take me for eg. I joined when I was 22yo, immediately after R.O.D., now 44yo, full of sadness and self blame on my inability to forecast my future. Joining the stat board filled with aspiration and the desire to advance for a better paycheck n work life balance to foster bond with my family. Thinking as long I put in my heart n soul, give in my outmost effort to do a job n serve with pride, i can be success. Never did I know the so-called, performance, the aptitude and the attitude, not only can it use to promote a favourite staff but also can be placed to destroy a person. No matter how much effort and time u put it in, it is futile. Seeking advice to go for further study to upgrade to degree, looks like it is just wasting of time and precious $, so what now i have yrs of experience in the same job n armed with a degree. No promotion mean no promotion but can only see those keep getting promotion easily. Age has catch up, stagnant salary at entry grade, family broken down, wife left me, can only see daughter once in a week and need to pay for maintenace fee, lost my flat, my life in a bleak, am just hoping I can buy a old ppl studio apt when i reach 55yo, i cant forver live in my parent's hse. No one has to gone thru all these agony and this makes me unable to leave the job but to stay till i retire. Filled with sadness, it makes me lost confident in going on further. i felt my greatest regret is nv plan my future when i am young. For the recent plan to allow non-degree holder to advance, i dun think it is of any help, it is still depend on your supervisor/bosses. Of cos i believe there will be a handful who will be benefit from it, but still the older staff will be left out, esp the ones with degree as it only help the non-degree to advance faster

I read MSOforlife's post, i thought he/she is describing the situation i am in. i guess we r abt the same age, 28days leave, many decades in the non-graduate post in the job, I hold a not recognised by bosses UniSIM degree n a much lesser salary than u r, cos salary hit ceiling at entry grade n also due to no promotion. I dun think the recent announcement abt ite/dip can succeed things can help us push up for higher pay n go up the ladder. whatever u say, i went thru n is sad sad sad, nothing we can do...

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From the way he writes, how he can get a job as a civil serpent is beyond me. Or course fts etc wilk find it easier.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From the way he writes, how he can get a job as a civil serpent is beyond me. Or course fts etc wilk find it easier.

He did not volunteer for RC, CC..."C" did not join P.A. P.A.P.....that is where the career advancement is...N.T.U.C....also this one most likely, got talent, no time....ha ha ha