• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you plan for the future

Do you plan for the future or do you just let it happen?

• I've started planning for the future

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • I live a day as it comes and hope for the best

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For us ordinary citizens, plan what ahead? Salary just right to live a less than simple life.

Give us back all OUR hard-earned CPF money at age 55 NOWWWW !!!:mad:

Damn it ! It is OUR blood and sweat money not yours to keep !!!:oIo:

CloneHunter

Alfrescian
Loyal
For us ordinary citizens, plan what ahead? Salary just right to live a less than simple life.

Give us back all OUR hard-earned CPF money at age 55 NOWWWW !!!:mad:

Damn it ! It is OUR blood and sweat money not yours to keep !!!:oIo:

This i agree...Vote PAP out!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

That's my point.... if your salary is only "just right" will you start planning to take steps to do something about it or do you just resign yourself the the fact that you're stuck in a rut.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's my point.... if your salary is only "just right" will you start planning to take steps to do something about it or do you just resign yourself the the fact that you're stuck in a rut.

Don't deviate !!

Give us back all OUR CPF nowww !!!:mad:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Do you look 2 or more decades ahead and plan for the sort of life you'll wish to lead

This is what I tell my future...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vabnZ9-ex7o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Haven't you considered the possibility that a bit of trial and error along the way is part and parcel of a retirement plan.

Truth be told, I live each day my best, putting in my best: come what may there after.
A long term goal is merely a guide, I like to enjoy my journey there, ups and downs are part and parcel I guess, I will get there :p:p:p

iluvu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be content with what one has. There is no need to start planning, for most plans do not work out.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Be content with what one has. There is no need to start planning, for most plans do not work out.

You start life owning nothing. Parents provide your means of survival. When you reach adulthood, you have to take steps to become self sufficient so you must have had some sort of goal which you have now achieved.

My question is why stop there"? Why don't you aim for the next step up in order to secure financial independence for the long term?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I realised when I did not plan I've made some pleasant success in my younger days as compared to when I started planning, things all gone haywired (honestly to my heart, pap is the main caused of it) . Your statement is very true.:smile:

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
To some people $25k per year is a pathetic amount. To me is an achievement since I do not earn much. It is achievable by saving 50% of my take home pay per mth and with aws/bonus if any :p
I am always impressed by people who can save 50% of their salary. I dont think anyone earning less than 10K can do that.