• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LHL kiasi of being cross-examined in public hearing

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Ravi and Roy is not interested in over turning the defamation suit, but rather using this suit and through the courts to force certain CPF related information out, which will eventually help catapult Roy's "street cred". This will serve his bid for MP later during election.

I hope they succeed, even if they don't, LHL will be on a constant back peddle

Well the moron LHL took the bait hook line and sinker no? No other politician will do this, because you'd look bad no matter what. Fuckwittiness runs in the family

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its the public opinion that matters and it may seems to the public that the plaintiff is trying to avoid facing the defendant.

The leader of a country owes a duty to its citizens to explain why he is taking legal action against one of his own people while foreigners are getting away scot free from insulting them.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I think Ravi and Roy is not interested in over turning the defamation suit, but rather using this suit and through the courts to force certain CPF related information out, which will eventually help catapult Roy's "street cred". This will serve his bid for MP later during election.

I hope they succeed, even if they don't, LHL will be on a constant back peddle

If true, than this is a dangerous tactic. No PAP politician has ever lost a court case in defamation, and Roy is almost certain to lose. If the judgement against him is high eneough, he will have to declare bankruptcy, which will prevent him from running in the next elections. Prior to this lawsuit, I will say that Roy would win pretty much any ward as an independent.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Tell me my good man.

What's the difference between actually stealing and using some means to channel those same funds which you have an eye on it?

Don't tell me the first is just stealing and the second is, you have to add the words ' planned to steal the money with a sophiscated means? LoL

Stealing is when the money passes from its legal owner to you, the thief. Channelling the money does not indicate the money passed into your possession or the possession of your cahoots. In the case of the CPF money, it flows from your CPF account to SGSC, to GIC, to invesments (some of them very bad and money losing). The only place that money can be stolen is when it goes to buy the investments. If GIC pay $5 billion for a share in a certain company, its possible that some was siphoned off. But without those assholes opening the books, its hard to find the stolen funds.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If true, than this is a dangerous tactic. No PAP politician has ever lost a court case in defamation, and Roy is almost certain to lose. If the judgement against him is high eneough, he will have to declare bankruptcy, which will prevent him from running in the next elections. Prior to this lawsuit, I will say that Roy would win pretty much any ward as an independent.

I don't think Ordinary Roy is considering his well-being in this. He wants to expose the PAP and is willing to pay the price of it. The expose will help the opposition in the GE. You can bet that the GE will be called asap if this suit goes to full trial.