• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Average household income SGD$10,500.00

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Just as a clarification there are many measures of central tendency. The average as understood by most people is the arithmetic mean. There are also other kind of means as Belgarath pointed out, namely the geometric and harmonic mean.

Everyone uses statistics to suit themselves. However, regardless of what the stats say, nothing alters the fact that people are responsible for their own outcomes.

Take life expectancy for example the fact that average life expectancy for a male Singaporean is something like 83 years does not alter the fact that as individuals, we need to take charge of how we take care of ourselves. No amount of statistical manipulation is going to help someone who is obese and diabetic reach a ripe old age.

Same applies to incomes. The statistics don't determine how much you earn. YOU determine how much you earn based on the choices you make in life.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Everyone uses statistics to suit themselves.

Economic opportunities for me increase if the overall population is doing well. The only time when I won't care about how the local population is doing is if I derive the majority of my income from overseas.

In any case I am addressing is the quality of governance and the best I can say is that the pap "can do better".

Last edited by a moderator:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Everyone uses statistics to suit themselves. However, regardless of what the stats say, nothing alters the fact that people are responsible for their own outcomes.

Take life expectancy for example the fact that average life expectancy for a male Singaporean is something like 83 years does not alter the fact that as individuals, we need to take charge of how we take care of ourselves. No amount of statistical manipulation is going to help someone who is obese and diabetic reach a ripe old age.

Same applies to incomes. The statistics don't determine how much you earn. YOU determine how much you earn based on the choices you make in life.

More typical illogical full of shit argument from a PAP cocksucker. If u follow your logic of people being responsible for their own health, than which male will chose to do NS for 2 years and risk their limbs, life and health? They have no choice, asshole.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
More typical illogical full of shit argument from a PAP cocksucker. If u follow your logic of people being responsible for their own health, than which male will chose to do NS for 2 years and risk their limbs, life and health? They have no choice, asshole.

NS is safer than a boy scout camp. Minimising the risk further is a simple manner of keeping fit before enlistment. Those who jog and exercise regularly will find NS to be a breeze and an uplifting experience that will benefit them for the rest of their lives.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
if white horse defers for 20 years n ended up washing test tubes it is indeed safer. kfc is not your average or median example at best. twit.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Just as a clarification there are many measures of central tendency. The average as understood by most people is the arithmetic mean. There are also other kind of means as Belgarath pointed out, namely the geometric and harmonic mean.

Is that the same as normalizing a standard bell curve? :eek::eek::eek:

iluvgst

Alfrescian
Loyal
I cannot see the rationale or purpose of ST publishing a figure of $10,500 as the average income. It will make the majority of households feel unhappy as the median household income is around $7k. Maybe the article's purpose was to make their political masters feel happy about a job well done in narrowing the income gap.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
I cannot see the rationale or purpose of ST publishing a figure of $10,500 as the average income. It will make the majority of households feel unhappy as the median household income is around $7k. Maybe the article's purpose was to make their political masters feel happy about a job well done in narrowing the income gap.

and just within a week, they were grasping about 300,000 needy families. so their household income must be $9999 per month just below the average.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Yes yes yes yes! !! These idiot want to make their political Masters feel good, they didn't realize they angered the common man!

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
and just within a week, they were grasping about 300,000 needy families. so their household income must be $9999 per month just below the average.

I guess it's time to ship out the poor to our hinterlands aka. JB, and bring in another 300,000 FT families, so that ST can post these rosy figures to masturbate and bring a sense of euphoria to their political masters.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How many working adult per household?

That will be four....but deduct paying taxes like GST, CPF, Income Tax, then loans like HDB, Car, Credit Cards....& whatever there is balance that is the real income..on paper, $10,500 ...in reality....maybe $500

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One of my Malay neighbor has 7 working adults in their 4rm flat. They shd have no problem reaching average household income.:rolleyes:

AttilaTheHun

Alfrescian
Loyal
What? $10,500 average household income is a joke!!

Only poor sinkies losers thinks that $10,500 is a lot.

I earn that amount in a few days.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

How to take care of your own income when the government open the country to millions of foreigners who are willing to work for pittance? The government decides how much we earn. That's the reality.