• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Buddha Statue Brings Tranquility to Oakland Neighborhood

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Buddah-statue-Hong-Kong-CC-Gouldy-flickr-640px.jpg

Crime has plummeted in a neighborhood in Oakland, California where Dan Stevenson decided to install a Buddha statue in 2009.

Dan is not at all religious but hoped that just maybe his small gesture would bring some tranquillity to a neighborhood marred by crime, graffiti, drug dealing and prostitution.

Soon, flowers and candles were left there as offerings and Vietnamese women began praying each morning on the sidewalk where the statue is bolted and glued down

What happened next was nothing short of stunning. The neighborhood changed. People stopped dumping garbage. They stopped vandalizing walls with graffiti. And the drug dealers stopped using that area to deal. The prostitutes went away.

The actual police statistics for that neighborhood block showed an 82 percent drop in crime since 2012 when the morning prayer sessions began.

if Buddhism can bring crime rates down and remove sinful behaviour,

why Allah religion promote killing and cutting people's head off and war.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's the result of gentrification of oakland as more white and asian workers in sf move to oakland across the bay to seek lower rents and one train hop to sf. shootings, murders, robberies, rapes, assaults and other violent crimes are still rampant in oakland, albeit more on the east side with gentrification happening more in west oakland.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
it's the result of gentrification of oakland as more white and asian workers in sf move to oakland across the bay to seek lower rents and one train hop to sf. shootings, murders, robberies, rapes, assaults and other violent crimes are still rampant in oakland, albeit more on the east side with gentrification happening more in west oakland.

Why were there such crimes in the first place? Poverty? Too Much meat eating?

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yet another gong chee bye post by our foreign trash.

It is not the statue of the Buddha that bring tranquillity, but rather HIS teaching that brings tranquillity to the heart.

Only a gong chee bye believes that statues does wonder and vegans are saints.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

gentrification can't happen in sinkieland, you got to move out to another country.. which is a good thing... unsinkification starts when you stay away from sinkieand.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't bring your m&d Chinese shit attitude and masquerading as Singaporeans and discriminate Singaporeans and Non-m&d Chinese FTs.

Time for Singapore to look afar for migrants and fuck m&d Chinese masquerading as Sinkies to cause damage to true-blue Singaporeans.

Make your abang Mat government to stick a Malay name to all Malaysian-born Chinese shit heads like you so can recognized m&d Chinese working in Singapore.

See one Chinese name with Anwar Tonychat? m&d Cina leh!

gentrification can't happen in sinkieland, you got to move out to another country.. which is a good thing... unsinkification starts when you stay away from sinkieand.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
They should put replicas of this LKY bust all over the Singapore landscape.

It will bring, peace, joy and tranquilty to the whole island.

Lee Kuan Yew bust unveiled at SUTD

PUBLISHED ON AUG 7, 2013 6:59 AM
963700PRINTEMAIL

A bronze bust of former prime minister Lee Kuan Yew was unveiled yesterday at the Singapore University of Technology and Design. The sculpture, cast by contemporary French artist-sculptor Nacera Kainou, was an early birthday present to Mr Lee from the Lyon- Singapore Association and the municipality of Lyon.
Mr Lee turns 90 next month.

At his suggestion, the bust will be placed at the Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities in the university at Dover Drive.

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...t-unveiled-sutd-20130807#sthash.wQHdQRAx.dpuf

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What talking you ? Make some sense !

of course i am making sense...

stay close to any sinkie.. that will be your downfall...

I have this realisation a long time ago and i share this with everyone here who is in search for real happiness.

real happiness is to get out of sinkieland and be unsinkified..

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only fucktard Sinkie and ex-Sinkie needs some form of a statue to have tranquility cos without balls they have placed their fate to some unknown pagan idols, the Old bastard included, to run their pathetic lives as though they could not run it on their own terms! LoL

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I have this realisation a long time ago and i share this with everyone here who is in search for real happiness...

I stop fucking you already ..

after I had this realization that no amount of fuck can get you redeemed :oIo:

The Penetrator

Alfrescian
Loyal
of course i am making sense...

I have this realisation a long time ago and i share this with everyone here who is in search for real happiness.

real happiness is to get out of sinkieland and be unsinkified..

You and Krafty stay in the same IMH ward ?