• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New citizens vote against PAP?

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now that's a moot point we can discuss.

My sensing is the folks born in the 40s right up to the baby boom years can be classified generally as pro-PAP which constitutes about 40%, sans the hardcore anti-PAP group which constitutes about 25%, we are looking at some 35% of folks belonging to the middle ground.

Those old folks feeling a sense of gratitude could fall into the trap. We are looking at 11%, one in ten. :eek::eek::eek:

In the old days, every single papee candidate in one-to-one contest of each GE had the support of the old folks. All oppo parties got no chance to win. No need for GRC then, which is a system to move papees into Parliament without contesting in an election. Why the GRC? The papees could see the swaying of the votes going to oppo candidtates like JBJ, who won Anson, and knew SMC contest would cause the downfall of the papees.

The papees did not foresee that the GRC would also one day be the cause of their imminent downfall as shown by the defeat of Georgie boy in Aljuned GRC. Is it possible for WP to win in Aljunied, Hougang, PE without the support of the local old folks? Unlikely.

Now the old folks you see in the country may not be the same old folks born and bred in the country. They are the imported new shitizens and will certainly vote for papees because they do not know, and neither do they care, about WP, NSP, etc.

What has WP done for them? Nothing. What has papee done for them? Plenty. A safe place to live and work, good education system, good health care, job opportunities etc which they cannot find in their home land. Sinkie land is just like an economic life line to them.

So, to talk about old folks, there are 2 groups; those locals disillusioned with the papees and will support the oppo parties (plenty of them in this forum) and those imported new shitizens who see nothing, know nothing and hear nothing and will support the papees.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
So, to talk about old folks, there are 2 groups; those locals disillusioned with the papees and will support the oppo parties (plenty of them in this forum) and those imported new shitizens who see nothing, know nothing and hear nothing and will support the papees.

We can agree to disagree, the median age of the new citizens around 28~30. Occasionally a sexagenarian or two at best. Whereof the bulk of the old folks to speak of?

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
We can agree to disagree, the median age of the new citizens around 28~30. Occasionally a sexagenarian or two at best. Whereof the bulk of the old folks to speak of?

The papees allow any new shitizen from a foreign land to bring in his whole team of ancestors to become shitizens as well, which is to say, his parents, grandparents, great grandparents (if still alive), etc. Where the bulk of old folks to speak of? As the saying goes, buy 1 you get 2 or 3 free.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Ms Han,

Try to study in depth of 建国一代卡 you can find this card is useless. I hope you can present to all the old folk for good.

I tried the card and found it is totally useless! 12/9/2014 I went to poly clinic to pick up some diabetes and heart illness drugs, the bill come out to be $620/4mths so I ask the cashier can I use my 建国一代卡 and get the discount. The reply make very toolan (angry, real angry), this card in govt poly- clinic no use, because you got medisave and you can use them, this card is for you to go to more expensive pte clinic (those registered with govt ministry ) and enjoy the 50% discount (hey mine sickness is a chronic illness and I am jobless what fuck I have to go to more expensive clinic to save a few hrs. and not money?), so I told the cashier what fuck LHL said it's the king of all card? you can have it back, don't hoodwink me any more I have enough and I am sured to give you my vote in polling day. KNNBCCB!!!!

Used your Pioneer card you get more 50% subsidy!