• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Latest from Photokina 14

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
unnamed_zps1e93d01e.jpg

The super tele-photo zoom lens will be a 140-400 F4-5.6 weather resistant lens! It’s obviously just a mock-up for now, but you can read in the description:

140-400 1:4-5.6 R LM OIS WR

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I was hoping for a new camera body from Phase One but no such luck.

I was also waiting for a medium format system from either Nikon or Canon but no such luck either.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
People with deep pockets have high expectations and will always be disappointed.

It has nothing to do with deep pockets. The phase one camera body is absolute junk. Its design is more than 20 years old. All I wanted was a modern camera body with less shutter lag and a better focusing system. Surely I'm not asking too much.

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
It has nothing to do with deep pockets. The phase one camera body is absolute junk. Its design is more than 20 years old. All I wanted was a modern camera body with less shutter lag and a better focusing system. Surely I'm not asking too much.

Can you recommend a good budget camera since this forum is full of "losers"?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Can you recommend a good budget camera since this forum is full of "losers"?

I cannot because the term "good" is too general. No camera is "good" for all sorts of photography. I use a different camera for action sports vs studio work. My studio camera would be absolutely useless if I was shooting football match or an athletics meet.

If you just want a general purpose device that can take reasonably good images, most smart phones will do the job.

However, because the sensors in phone cams are so small, the image is generally very noisy in the shadow regions so they would not be "good" if you were taking shots in low light conditions. You'd lose a lot of detail in the darker areas.

If you want to step up a notch, any of the mirrorless SLR cameras would be the way to go. The electronic viewfinders are excellent nowadays.