• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

He found success without a degree

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also a non graduate and doing very well and successful in my profession - gigolo, I serve young or old customer I always serve with a smile, I got a lot of tips from them. I have made up my mind I will work until 90 years old. What do you think?

By Pearl Lee
The Straits Times
Thursday, Sep 11, 2014

Mr Dennis Tan, 56, was highlighted by Ms Denise Phua (Moulmein-Kallang GRC) yesterday as someone who had succeeded in the workforce even without academic qualifications.

He left school after completing his O-level exams, and started working right away, as a clerk and then a training coordinator in various industries.

But Mr Tan said there were times when he found himself unable to progress beyond a certain rank as he did not have the paper qualifications.

"I have worked at many places before, and some of them are very good companies. But they were not able to promote me because I didn't have a polytechnic certificate or a degree," he said.

Mr Tan, who has two children, now manages enrichment programmes for autistic children at the Autism Resource Centre, where he has worked for 10 years and where Ms Phua is president.

"Denise empowers us. I have been given a lot of opportunities to manage programmes. There is a lot of trust and freedom," he said.

"I have experienced it before, so I know that it can be quite hard to move up if one lacks (certain) qualifications," added Mr Tan.

"But there are non-graduates who can do the job just as well as a graduate. Give them a chance, and assess them based on their ability to do the job."

This article was first published on Sept 09, 2014.
Get a copy of The Straits Times or go to straitstimes.com for more stories.

- See more at: http://education.asiaone.com/content/he-found-success-without-degree#sthash.BlWjQ9DJ.dpuf

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
For $8/-? forget it, I am a gigolo I serve my customer at least $500/- a day, therefore I don't need to go uni and still be successful in my job. From a humble jr. apprentice gigolo had promoted to gigolo manager 1 year ago. the agency boss told me will give me a directorship in 6 months' time! Huat Ah!

And you can operate on Minister Hen's heart!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By Pearl Lee
The Straits Times
Thursday, Sep 11, 2014

Mr Dennis Tan, 56, was highlighted by Ms Denise Phua (Moulmein-Kallang GRC) yesterday as someone who had succeeded in the workforce even without academic qualifications.

He left school after completing his O-level exams, and started working right away, as a clerk and then a training coordinator in various industries.

But Mr Tan said there were times when he found himself unable to progress beyond a certain rank as he did not have the paper qualifications.

"I have worked at many places before, and some of them are very good companies. But they were not able to promote me because I didn't have a polytechnic certificate or a degree," he said.

Mr Tan, who has two children, now manages enrichment programmes for autistic children at the Autism Resource Centre, where he has worked for 10 years and where Ms Phua is president.

"Denise empowers us. I have been given a lot of opportunities to manage programmes. There is a lot of trust and freedom," he said.

"I have experienced it before, so I know that it can be quite hard to move up if one lacks (certain) qualifications," added Mr Tan.

"But there are non-graduates who can do the job just as well as a graduate. Give them a chance, and assess them based on their ability to do the job."

This article was first published on Sept 09, 2014.
Get a copy of The Straits Times or go to straitstimes.com for more stories.

- See more at: http://education.asiaone.com/content/he-found-success-without-degree#sthash.BlWjQ9DJ.dpuf

How has he succeeded? He didn't get his promotion because he lacked a degree. While he is in a management role in a charity, that is not success as he earns less than a similar position in the private sector. One wonders if he was promoted because the charity couldn't afford to pay a graduate.

This is how lame the PAP is; they can't even get a concrete example to prove that one does not need a degree to succeed in sinkapore. Because it is really not possible.