• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best Job In The World - President Of Singapore

sgnewsalte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Being President of Spore is certainly the best job in the world. Take $3million salary, can still bring wife and grandson for excursion on a weekday (Monday) during working hours, while Singapore is facing its worst recession with many retrenched and facing hardship. No wonder he readily hand over the 2nd key to the reserve without any hesitation.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_342072.html

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody> <tr valign="bottom"> <td width="330">
ln-sg-vital.jpg

</td> <td width="10">
c.gif
</td> <td valign="bottom">
c.gif

Mr Nathan, who was accompanied on the trip by his wife and his grandson, Cheong Kheshin, 12, said he was overwhelmed by what had been achieved since his first visit to the facility in October 2006. -- ST PHOTO: LAU FOOK KONG
</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> <!-- START OF : div id="storytext"-->

IT IS a showcase of Singapore's water technology and is key to the country's aim of attaining self-sufficiency in a vital resource, but the Marina Barrage also plays another very important role.
It helps create a haven from the hustle and bustle of city life as well, said President S R Nathan on Monday, after visiting the facility for the first time since its completion.

Marvelling at Singapore's reservoir within the city, the President said the sight of it took him back to his childhood days.

He said: 'I remember my younger days, when we used to visit Katong Park or Tanjong Rhu and...Pasir Panjang, where we enjoyed the simple things in life without any cost and just enjoyed the light from the sky, playing on the water of the sea.'

Adding that the Barrage helps provide the same kind of enjoyment for Singaporeans today, he said it afforded the 'special privilege of not having to hear the noise of traffic or to smell petrol fumes'.

Mr Nathan, who was accompanied on the trip by his wife and his grandson, Cheong Kheshin, 12,
s
aid he was overwhelmed by what had been achieved since his first visit to the facility in October 2006, almost two years before it was completed. Some 215,000 people have visited the Barrage since it opened last November.

Mr Nathan also said the facility helps Singaporeans understand the 'serious importance of water to us', and called it a feat of engineering.

'I think young Singaporeans who see the exhibits will be encouraged to see what they can derive from excelling in engineering, by being conscious about the environment, about preventing its abuse.'

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
ahneh2.jpg

"圆的不能拿, you think its easy to flip pratas and dance around the trees at Isbanana neh, not easy ok need alot of skills you know neh. Hei hei hei hei hei.. "

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
th_3ce0943a-1.jpg
sg-nathan2m.jpg
th_3ce0943a-1.jpg

Allo! I heavy lesponsibility neh! U think talk cock sing song flip prata so easy neh? *chey*

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why his grandson called cheong kenshin or what da fuck?

Is he some mixed breed weirdo???

How come kelings dun like to marry their own kind?:rolleyes:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think the job description of president of singapore. is stay away from our business and money will keep flowing in.

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think the job description of president of singapore. is stay away from our business and money will keep flowing in.

As long as LKY is around, this prataman will be our President until the day he die.

LKY loved him so much that he wouldnt let him go. Cause this is a good dog that doesnt poke his nose into checking the CPF account or Temasek account.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As long as LKY is around, this prataman will be our President until the day he die.

LKY loved him so much that he wouldnt let him go. Cause this is a good dog that doesnt poke his nose into checking the CPF account or Temasek account.

he just know his place in this world. good job fit.

lubehsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
before Nathan was given the job,he was interviewed by LKY.

LKY"how much do you think we have in our reserve/"

before answering that question,Nathan drew all the shades in the room, looked outside the door to see if anyone was there, checked the telephone for listening devices, and asked "How much do you want it to be?"