• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Retard Charles Quah wants to recognize mercenary Gurkhas who served in Sinkieland

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
How about first recognizing true born singaporeans who have served NS and given their lives, limbs, and 2 years of their lives to Singapore? This fucker talks like only the Gurkhas "have given us a legacy of peace". what about the over 500,000 sinkies who served NS? They gave no legacy?

Recognise Gurkhas for commitment to S'pore

I WAS deeply touched by 72-year-old former Staff Sergeant Chandra Gurung's deep affection and love for Singapore ("Legacy of peace forged by pioneer Gurkhas"; Aug 24).

He said, "If anything bad happens, I am ready to fight. I am ready to go back and die for Singapore", even though he left Singapore 30 years ago.

Never were truer words spoken by a more loyal friend of Singapore. Compare such loyalty with Singaporeans who choose to migrate rather than serve national service.

The Gurkhas have been a regular fixture of Singapore's security since 1949.

They guard highly sensitive installations, and served bravely during World War II, the Malayan Emergency and the racial riots in the 1950s and 1960s.

In recent times, they were involved in the United Nations peacekeeping efforts in Timor Leste in 2000. And in 2003, they were part of the Singapore contingent involved in training Iraqi security personnel.

In 2003, I visited Nepal for an International Labour Organisation (ILO) consulting project.

I met two ILO staff, women in their mid-20s, who spoke with a slight Singlish accent.

Both were born in Singapore and completed their O levels at Mount Vernon Secondary.

They and their families were sent back to Nepal once their fathers completed their service contracts.

They spoke of their happy childhood and school memories in Singapore, but did not mention the hardships their families experienced when they resettled in Nepal.

I learnt of their plight only from Singaporean friends based there, who spoke of these families' re-entry problems. The boys, in particular, experienced greater social problems, and some became delinquents.

My wish for Singapore's 50th birthday is that our various ministries and agencies will consider how we can recognise the Gurkha Contingent officers for their duty and commitment to Singapore.

Singapore needs more citizens and permanent residents, and the children of the Gurkha officers would be prime candidates.

Some were born here, many have studied in local schools, they know our cultures well, love Singapore and can assimilate easily.

I welcome more Singapore-born Gurkha national servicemen, nurses, social workers, teachers, engineers and hospitality staff.

Their fathers have given us a legacy of peace. Now it is our turn to give their children a legacy of hope.

Charles Quah

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All fts in sinkieland must be pleased, gurkas included.

Sinkie men are already privileged to serve NS at cheap cost, can't compare.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mid 20s in 2003? Mt vernon secondary last graduating class was 1991. More like 28 yo provided they were the last batch of students from mt Vernon. As for the BS of them knowing spore culture, that not true as the Gurkhas children seldom mix with local students and form their own gang. As for love spore, I only remember the Booos..... coming out of gurkha camp every evening as students sang marikita at flag lowering.

jw5

Loyal
He reminds me of Lee Bee Wah who once talked of arranging pension schemes for her China born table tennis players.

This shows how easily impressionable sinkies are. :rolleyes:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gurkhas are nothing more than mercenary dogs who do their masters' bidding. They are loyal to coin.

What a Sinkiee idiot to want to commemorate them. :rolleyes:

Lemme guess... more propaganda in the buildup to NDP 50 next year? :wink:

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
talk is cheap, I also can say I will die for LKY, Joe Yeo, LBW...

How about first recognizing true born singaporeans who have served NS and given their lives, limbs, and 2 years of their lives to Singapore? This fucker talks like only the Gurkhas "have given us a legacy of peace". what about the over 500,000 sinkies who served NS? They gave no legacy?

Recognise Gurkhas for commitment to S'pore

I WAS deeply touched by 72-year-old former Staff Sergeant Chandra Gurung's deep affection and love for Singapore ("Legacy of peace forged by pioneer Gurkhas"; Aug 24).

He said, "If anything bad happens, I am ready to fight. I am ready to go back and die for Singapore", even though he left Singapore 30 years ago.

Never were truer words spoken by a more loyal friend of Singapore. Compare such loyalty with Singaporeans who choose to migrate rather than serve national service.

The Gurkhas have been a regular fixture of Singapore's security since 1949.

They guard highly sensitive installations, and served bravely during World War II, the Malayan Emergency and the racial riots in the 1950s and 1960s.

In recent times, they were involved in the United Nations peacekeeping efforts in Timor Leste in 2000. And in 2003, they were part of the Singapore contingent involved in training Iraqi security personnel.

In 2003, I visited Nepal for an International Labour Organisation (ILO) consulting project.

I met two ILO staff, women in their mid-20s, who spoke with a slight Singlish accent.

Both were born in Singapore and completed their O levels at Mount Vernon Secondary.

They and their families were sent back to Nepal once their fathers completed their service contracts.

They spoke of their happy childhood and school memories in Singapore, but did not mention the hardships their families experienced when they resettled in Nepal.

I learnt of their plight only from Singaporean friends based there, who spoke of these families' re-entry problems. The boys, in particular, experienced greater social problems, and some became delinquents.

My wish for Singapore's 50th birthday is that our various ministries and agencies will consider how we can recognise the Gurkha Contingent officers for their duty and commitment to Singapore.

Singapore needs more citizens and permanent residents, and the children of the Gurkha officers would be prime candidates.

Some were born here, many have studied in local schools, they know our cultures well, love Singapore and can assimilate easily.

I welcome more Singapore-born Gurkha national servicemen, nurses, social workers, teachers, engineers and hospitality staff.

Their fathers have given us a legacy of peace. Now it is our turn to give their children a legacy of hope.

Charles Quah

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
we should welcome all commensuration by celebrating another public holiday. how about 2nd week of this month? can pass the law now.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He reminds me of Lee Bee Wah who once talked of arranging pension schemes for her China born table tennis players.

This shows how easily impressionable sinkies are. :rolleyes:

LBW is a Malaysian reject....if she said the same thing back in Malaysia, see what they will do ....

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To those who call the Gurkhas mercenaries, I suggest you do some research about how they came to be in the employ of the British and Indian armies, and the Singapore Police. I personally don't think they should be deployed in the police because this means that they can be used against our own people. Rather, they should be in the SAF where their principal role should be to fight external enemies but with perhaps a subsidiary role of internal defence.

I do not doubt the loyalty of the Gurkhas in Singapore, but it may not be to the government of Singapore. Rather, it would be to the British who recruited them from Nepal; note that their CO here is a British officer, and that earlier attempts to replace British officers with a Singaporean were unwelcome.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
To those who call the Gurkhas mercenaries, I suggest you do some research about how they came to be in the employ of the British and Indian armies, and the Singapore Police. I personally don't think they should be deployed in the police because this means that they can be used against our own people. Rather, they should be in the SAF where their principal role should be to fight external enemies but with perhaps a subsidiary role of internal defence.

I do not doubt the loyalty of the Gurkhas in Singapore, but it may not be to the government of Singapore. Rather, it would be to the British who recruited them from Nepal; note that their CO here is a British officer, and that earlier attempts to replace British officers with a Singaporean were unwelcome.

Still mercenaries, brave but no doubt still mercenaries.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

They salute the mighty dollar or pound...certainly not the Rupee or any others....brave etc YES!....they fight for FREE?

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

The history of the gurhkas not withstanding? What do you call someone who fights for a foreign government for money? Patriots who are serving in another government for money but come from another country or mercenary? Rest my case.

Ps singapore, brunei and the uk do not have a citizenship by spilled blood law.....yet

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

I think you better do some more research. they are mercenaries. They sign a contract for money over a fixed period of time. that is why Gurkhas in the British army and in singapore service are not given citizenships. they are send home after the contract expires. They are soldiers for money. wrap your head around that.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Compare such loyalty with Singaporeans who choose to migrate rather than serve national service.

someone forgot to tell this motherfucker Charles Quah that NS was forced on singaporeans. Whereas Gurkhas volunteer and get paid real money to be in the SAF. Big fucking difference. In fact, you can see that Gurkhas get a better deal. Their kids go to school for free in singapore, their food and housing is provided not only for them but for their family too. Its a better deal than most sign on regulars get. If u forced Nepalese to do National Service, many will choose to migrate too.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I understand when PAP and their cronies suck angmo lancheow. This comes from the Lee Con You pinkerton syndrome. Now, they suck PRC and India lancheow too. But sucking Nepalese lancheow is a real low. This article is so pro Nepalese and so anti sinkie its not even funny.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

loyalty to who? to spore or the old fart? I don't doubt their abilities to fight and they take losing very hard. Still it make no sense to hire a bunch a foreigners (2-3k strong) who only answerable to an angmo. They are not as easy going as you think. my school kenna lockdown because there an unrest inside mt Vernon camp in 1989. the school must be idiots to rely on a simple wire fence to stop the rampaging gurkhas. no idea what happened but recall several angchia (old school type) parked outside the camp with SOC deployed. we were only release from school after 7pm and that evening no flag lowering as scare to provoke them.

as for pap arsehole who idolise them, please be sensible. while spore govt gratuity not great when they retire but it still a substantial sum to spend in Nepal. furthermore, their children received worldclass (pap claimed) education so that should provided them a mean to find job. And their father only 40yo when retire from police contingent, still fit enough to join other private security company for another 5-10yrs earning better money than the 20yrs inside MHA before saving enough $$ to buy land in Nepal.

An indian Tamil FW I know, 30+yo work here as construction worker for last 10yrs and supplement his income by washing cars at night. He already the proud landowner of plots of padifield, a 2 storey house and earn enough $$ to upkeep his parents and older brother family. So if the gurkha blew his $$ on drinks and petain WLs, he only has himself to blame. KNN, govt provide him a flat for his family and children study for free, what more do they want. In fact, their children cause my old school to drop so much in standard. knn, in 2012, only need 87 points from psle to register as student there.:mad: