• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why are Chinese tourists so rude? A few insights

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oh please those boats are like the mercedes and bmws and toyotas and hondas of today,the fact u find so many packed together shows the wealth and prosperity and the trade.like the highways of china today jammed packed with cars and lorries and trucks and vans and construction vehicles and cement trucks like the vast armies of Qing,they march on endlessly to the beat of progress and smog of prosperity.

thanks for the comedy. :biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
kallang river bank, 1976.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 141

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't think so highly of yourselves, sinkies. you're just as filthy and unhygienic as your tiong cousins. every time i return to sg, sinkies continue to throw trash around. if you tour the grounds of hdb estates early in the morning, you'll find trash everywhere, and only through the hardwork of lowly paid foreign grounds-keeping sweepers and garbage collectors that these estates are kept clean. decades of anti-littering campaign and fines imposed do jackshit to the sinkie filth. it's genetic. just having a meal with my sinkie relatives is enough to cause me to puke. double dipping with chopsticks, spoons and forks is common. this stupid sinkie habit can never be corrected by the old man himself. and whenever someone is sick or coming down with symptoms of a viral infection, they would cough and sneeze openly at meal tables and close quarters, without wearing a mask or giving considerations to those around. the southern chinese peasant and coolie inconsideration and filth have never left the sinkie chinese population, even after 50 years of hygiene micromanagement by the old hakka mandarin. :rolleyes:

I think you are very wrong, the older generations of Singaporeans can be excused for littering, spitting, etc due to their lack of education. But the younger generation of Singaporeans are educated and no longer doing that for a long time. That is why we used to have so clean streets without litter throughout the 90s and up to 2000s. If people are really litterbugs, you would have seen litter everywhere then and not just now. In the past, foreigners in our country used to say our streets are so clean.

So why the litter everywhere now? The answer is obvious. So should Singaporeans be proud? Of course we should as we are not litterbugs. Don't be surprised that in some country, you see young educated people throwing things out of the car window non-chalantly. I have seen before a mother with a kid sitting next to her in the car opening window and throw paper out at the traffic junction. And I am not talking about a rare occasion, it is very common culture.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks for the comedy. :biggrin:

thank you,but its true.if the hordes of boats are not there,if the cars and traffic jams are not there i would be worried.....pollution and waste and garbage and dumps is a sign of real wealth and prosperity......it shows massive economic activity....otherwise we would be like the ghost city of detriot,empty train stations,empty skyscrapers,empty buildings,empty factories,empty homes,empty streets.dead and desolate.surely u dont think the western way of creating wealth is real?manipulating with numbers and real estate,issuing high leveraged loans,printing money and shuffling bonds and credit swaps?real wealth is made in china,real wealth is made by grit and dirt and getting ur hands dirty.the haze u breathe in china is the haze of prosperity.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dont worry,singapore is clean compare to ang moh standards.trust me once u been outside of this country u will be shocked.u should see australia after a friday and saturday night.its like hurricane katrina hit a hobo camp.

I think you are very wrong, the older generations of Singaporeans can be excused for littering, spitting, etc due to their lack of education. But the younger generation of Singaporeans are educated and no longer doing that for a long time. That is why we used to have so clean streets without litter throughout the 90s and up to 2000s. If people are really litterbugs, you would have seen litter everywhere then and not just now. In the past, foreigners in our country used to say our streets are so clean.

So why the litter everywhere now? The answer is obvious. So should Singaporeans be proud? Of course we should as we are not litterbugs. Don't be surprised that in some country, you see young educated people throwing things out of the car window non-chalantly. I have seen before a mother with a kid sitting next to her in the car opening window and throw paper out at the traffic junction. And I am not talking about a rare occasion, it is very common culture.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

sg streets are clean because of the thousands of road sweepers sent out early in the morning. go check any hdb estate early at 5am and you'll know what i mean. by 7am, it's as clean as a whistle.

the younger generation may be cleaner but they're still filthy by passing germs and viruses around. case in point, got infected with a nasty flu from my young nephew. he was sneezing and coughing openly at the dinner table while dipping his chopsticks into every dish. :eek:

sg lawn at 5:30am in the morning....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 141

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Litter in Australia is prevalent in many areas and a significant environmental problem, particularly in the big cities of Sydney and Melbourne.
An anti-litter movement began in 1969 in Victoria with the formation of Keep Australia Beautiful. Its major anti-littering campaigns "Do the right thing" and "Tidy Towns" became well known nationally. Today, the most vocal organisation is Clean Up Australia which holds a national clean up day.
There is currently no national legislation against litter.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
sg streets are clean because of the thousands of road sweepers sent out early in the morning. go check any hdb estate early at 5am and you'll know what i mean. by 7am, it's as clean as a whistle.

the younger generation may be cleaner but they're still filthy by passing germs and viruses around. case in point, got infected with a nasty flu from my young nephew. he was sneezing and coughing openly at the dinner table while dipping his chopsticks into every dish. :eek:

Now there are so many foreigners, the rubbish at the lawn must be from them! Seriously in the past, I walked past Somerset MRT everyday and didn't see any litter and that was like more than ten years ago. But that day I just walked pass Somerset MRT one time and saw so much litter at the staircase that I used to take everyday. Majority of litter - if not all - must be by foreigners!

I think the chopstick thing is true though, best to use a serving spoon. My family members drink soup from separate bowls too since a long time ago.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i dunno where this is but let me frequent two guesses.

1.this is one of the slums in singapore,what are slums u ask?yishun is a slum,boon lay is a slum,aljunied is a slum,woodlands is a slum.i would say mountbatten is a slum too but its a rich slum.

2.pinoys and ah nehs were probably having picnics there the night before.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
dont worry,singapore is clean compare to ang moh standards.trust me once u been outside of this country u will be shocked.u should see australia after a friday and saturday night.its like hurricane katrina hit a hobo camp.

Really that bad? I am not really surprised though, having worked with some Australians in our Australia office before, I have seen and heard about their antics beyond a tourist but not as much as a migrant.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The odd thing is no matter how somehow ozzie will still be highly regarded. It's like the freaking country can do no wrong.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Thanks for your posts. I think it is a fair point. I just cannot reconcile why the other ex-communists did not behave anywhere close to the new PRC Chinese. I guess its a mystery.

I guess even in communism, there are many types and many routes to get there. The China model where they destroyed everything that deem to be a danger to communism has shown to be counter productive. I am not well versed enough in other communist states to gives my opinion

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now there are so many foreigners, the rubbish at the lawn must be from them! Seriously in the past, I walked past Somerset MRT everyday and didn't see any litter and that was like more than ten years ago. But that day I just walked pass Somerset MRT one time and saw so much litter at the staircase that I used to take everyday. Majority of litter - if not all - must be by foreigners!

I think the chopstick thing is true though, best to use a serving spoon. My family members drink soup from separate bowls too since a long time ago.

Just take a look at hong kong and taiwan. Without communism and the cultural revolution, im china today would have looked very much like these 2 places. And without taiwan and hong kong, china and chinese would have lost even more of its heritage and culture.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Just take a look at hong kong and taiwan. Without communism and the cultural revolution, im china today would have looked very much like these 2 places. And without taiwan and hong kong, china and chinese would have lost even more of its heritage and culture.

It was said to me by a Chinese friend once. He said that the only beacon of Chinese culture resides in Taiwan and China should look to Taiwan to get back what they have lost

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It was said to me by a Chinese friend once. He said that the only beacon of Chinese culture resides in Taiwan and China should look to Taiwan to get back what they have lost

what Chinese culture - playing ancient Chinese instruments or writing beautiful calligraphy ? festivals like the annual Mazu pilgrimage ? Confucius teaching in schools ? it's hard for China or Taiwan to maintain its own people's interest in traditional culture.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I guess even in communism, there are many types and many routes to get there. The China model where they destroyed everything that deem to be a danger to communism has shown to be counter productive. I am not well versed enough in other communist states to gives my opinion

The communist angle is a contributing factor in my opinion but it should not be overplayed. One must also take into account the inherent culture that existed before the communists ran the country into the dark ages. There are two things that stand out: long periods of isolation from the world and an inhumane level of poverty in the interior. These two factors contributed significantly to moulding the Chinese psyche that we see today.

Also don't forget barbarism comes in many shapes and forms. The Cuban and Russians may not shit in public and their tourists don't act like dogs. How would you compare them to the Chinese? Hard to compare in my opinion

Last edited: