• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Changi airport cleaning lady is 85 years old and still working

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]IT IS SAD TO SEE THAT THE CHANGI AIRPORT CLEANING LADY IS 85 YEARS OLD AND STILL WORKING[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
26 Aug 2014 - 6:22pm

<ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Dear Gilbert,

The cleaning companies of Singapore working at Changi Airport use Singaporean old lady for heavy duty work.

She is 85 years old and I really felt sorry for her on my departure at the airport.

I asked her why she is struggling with the heavy thrash in the departure hall and she said this is her part-time work for the airport.

I found out it is the Cleaning Solutions Singapore company and ISS cleaning company using her services.

It is GOOD that they gave her job but I asked a Mr Steven of Cleaning Solutions to sort it out and give her a decent job like light duties job but he blatantly referred me to another company called ISS located at No 1Jalan Kilang Timor.

I thought the Ministry of Manpower would not like to see all this inhumane treatment of our elderly citizens.

Although it is good that employment is given but not like this.

I even suggested that they discuss amongst themselves and do a humane thing of giving her light duties but they decided to trivialise the matter.
Please if you can highlight this case so that the Ministry can be more compassionate.

Attached are the photos of the lady that they even had the cheek to send me.

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Thank God.

Tony

Transitioning.org - A website that helps jobless Singaporeans find new hope in life

leehsienloongpointingfingers_zpsefb36004.jpg

Who did you vote for, my dear Ah Ma? *hee*hee*

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]TRS READERS SHOULDN'T BLAME THE GOVERNMENT FOR MAKING ELDERLY WORK[/h]

<!-- /.block -->
<style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style>
Post date:
26 Aug 2014 - 1:58pm

<ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Hey you TRS losers are making so much noise and I really hope the government shut you guys down.
You guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill over the elderly working issue.
Let me tell you, the majority of old folks I’ve met decide to work so as to keep fit. It’s not that they need money. So don’t try to bullshit here.
Some rent out their homes and actually, there is no need for them to work. But they get bored living with their children and decide to work. Many of the cleaners I talked to in food courts are like that. They told me that they don’t have to work but just want to keep fit.
Only a very very small minority are working because they fall through the cracks. Even so, they can easily go and see their MP for help but they refused to because of pride. So blame who?
I spoke to one cleaner and ask her to see MP. But she keeps saying she wants to depend on herself. So, pls don’t come and say government is heartless and all that BS. Many times, help is there but these people don’t want.
This is the real reality on the ground!

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

As for me I will continue to vote for the PAP every year because you know why? I only need to pay 20% income tax every year and I get the comfort of living in a nice house and drive nice car thanks to them. In other countries I need to pay 40-50% tax for nothing. Why should the rich pay so much tax just so the poor can get the money and spend it all away again? These people are poor for a reason. They have bad financial planning which is why the PAP is trying their best to do to advice these group of people on how to spend their money better.

​I hate TRS

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=1]IT IS SAD TO SEE THAT THE CHANGI AIRPORT CLEANING LADY IS 85 YEARS OLD AND STILL WORKING[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
26 Aug 2014 - 6:22pm

Look at the frail old lady in the photo, only a fool will believe such elderly is working to keep fit and not becos no choice.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]TRS READERS SHOULDN'T BLAME THE GOVERNMENT FOR MAKING ELDERLY WORK[/h]

Post date:
26 Aug 2014 - 1:58pm

Hey you TRS losers are making so much noise and I really hope the government shut you guys down.
You guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill over the elderly working issue.
Let me tell you, the majority of old folks I’ve met decide to work so as to keep fit. It’s not that they need money. So don’t try to bullshit here.
Some rent out their homes and actually, there is no need for them to work. But they get bored living with their children and decide to work. Many of the cleaners I talked to in food courts are like that. They told me that they don’t have to work but just want to keep fit.
Only a very very small minority are working because they fall through the cracks. Even so, they can easily go and see their MP for help but they refused to because of pride. So blame who?
I spoke to one cleaner and ask her to see MP. But she keeps saying she wants to depend on herself. So, pls don’t come and say government is heartless and all that BS. Many times, help is there but these people don’t want.
This is the real reality on the ground!

As for me I will continue to vote for the PAP every year because you know why? I only need to pay 20% income tax every year and I get the comfort of living in a nice house and drive nice car thanks to them. In other countries I need to pay 40-50% tax for nothing. Why should the rich pay so much tax just so the poor can get the money and spend it all away again? These people are poor for a reason. They have bad financial planning which is why the PAP is trying their best to do to advice these group of people on how to spend their money better.

​I hate TRS

"I hate TRS" is a typical ignorant PAP sinkee. He has no clue how the developed world is. 50 percent tax in developed world for nothing - shows his stupidity with that statement. He doesn't know that he is losing money in his CPF while in the developed world, the contributor pays 5 percent of salary to get $1k per month on retirement, for life and indexed to inflation. What an idiot!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

It's good to see that some people have sufficient intellect to be able to appreciate what the PAP has done for Singapore society.

<style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style>

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
:biggrin: The ex Minister Mentor is giving us an example by working his heart out as an MP at the age of 91. What's 85 ?

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY already 90 and will tell you off in your face, collecting MP allowance $200k annually .i.e. he is still working for people of TP, whether he shows up or not,that is another matter.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think this old lady will be replaced soon. She is such a bad PR for the company and airport after this picture had been taken and shown it to the World.

uglyloser

Alfrescian
Loyal
nowadays there r more and more elderly sitting around at void decks, shopping centres chitchatting.. do u prefer this or for them to do some productive work?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nowadays there r more and more elderly sitting around at void decks, shopping centres chitchatting.. do u prefer this or for them to do some productive work?

If you have to do 'productive work', especially work that's physically strenuous at that age, something is terribly wrong somewhere.

I'm quite sure old folks who take up cleaning jobs are not doing it as a hobby or because they're bored and have nothing better to do.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Dumbfuck is not what you or me prefer....you machiam pappies dictate how others live?
Is what the elderly themselves prefer....
And why hang around void decks with nothing to do? Whose fault elderly must spend retirement like this?

Guerriero

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really wonder how to enjoy retirement when you see people at the age of 85 still working for a living ... Wtf is happening sia ???

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Really wonder how to enjoy retirement when you see people at the age of 85 still working for a living ... Wtf is happening sia ???

There is no retirement in sg.
Just like there's no getting your cpf back.
Once you reconcile with these facts then you be a happier sinkie.

uglyloser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dumbfuck is not what you or me prefer....you machiam pappies dictate how others live?
Is what the elderly themselves prefer....
And why hang around void decks with nothing to do? Whose fault elderly must spend retirement like this?

isn't it better to contribute economically rather than hanging around gossiping or ogling at sexy gals at void decks? Gossiping and flirting with foreign ladies set a very bad example for our young. Marriages break up and the societal costs are high.

If senior citizens work, our nation benefits and their families benefit as well. They will enjoy better health as well through interaction with others in the course of their work.

Nowadays, the cost of living is very high. Shouldn't the elderly take up some part time jobs to help lighten their adult children's financial burden? Unless the old folks are millionaires lah...

All in, working is definitely beneficial for the elderly. Of course, they should not take up physically strenuous jobs as laksaboy has pointed out correctly. In any case, when the elderly work in cleaning jobs, usually their employers will be lenient to them and allow them to do their chores at a slower pace.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
isn't it better to contribute economically rather than hanging around gossiping or ogling at sexy gals at void decks? Gossiping and flirting with foreign ladies set a very bad example for our young. Marriages break up and the societal costs are high.

The quality of life is much more than dollars and cents and economy and productivity.