• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Finally, gay Loong says something that makes sense

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Our kids are being killed with excessive tuitions.

SINGAPORE - At the youth dialogue held last night, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong gave his take on the tuition situation in Singapore after one student expressed concern about parents sending their kids to tuition and other extra classes from a young age.

The student said his niece in her second year at kindergarten is going to so many classes - including one on leadership skills - that he fears that she is losing her childhood.

He was one of about 350 young Singaporeans aged 12 to 35 who attended the post-rally dialogue, organised by the Youth Executive Committees of Ang Mo Kio GRC and Sengkang West, and held at St Nicholas Girls' School.

In response, PM Lee acknowledged the situation and noted that many parents are overzealous in arranging for tuition classes for their children.

"Why are K2 students going for leadership training programmes? It's partly because our system is competitive, I think it's [also] partly because parents are very anxious for their kids. And I think sometimes their kids also want to make sure they get the few extra points and they ask their parents to arrange tuition for them," he said.

"But I think it's too much. Tuition can help if you are really struggling with a subject. But generally speaking, we want the teachers in school to be teaching you the whole subject, not teaching you the basics and then saying 'the rest you go and ask your tuition teacher.'"

He said that from his observations, teachers make an effort to teach the whole syllabus in class most of the time and put in extra hours to teach students who need extra help.

"If you need more tuition or more help, many of the teachers I know stay back in class and in school. If you get detention class, the teachers also stay back in order to help you to pass the exam," he noted.

"So I think that actually, we are doing too much tuition in Singapore," he concluded.

- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/edvantage/too-much-tuition-singapore-pm-lee#sthash.08UXOvll.dpuf

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
All the problems faced by sinkie society are self inflicted. The PAP plays no part in the process.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anybody can observe this, there is something cocked-up about the society when it has to be the head of the nation to say it. Can't the people see it for themselves? And do something about it?

Cheers!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
He and his siblings had tuition for all their core subjects and they were specially selected teachers either from NUS or MOE. And they were no ordinary teachers. They were usually the best teachers who set the curriculums. One was a relative - Philip from ACS.

The kid that asked the question probably did not know his background.

GramStroker

Alfrescian
Loyal
So easily taken in by the two faced fucktard?

Tomorrow ask all the parents to pull their kids out, tuition centers all close shop and see the greedy glc reits cry father cry mother no one take up rentals and so forth. Its almost $1 billion dollar industry.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
All the problems faced by sinkie society are self inflicted. The PAP plays no part in the process.

Any problems that society has, u say PAP has no part in it. But on the other hand, any positives in society, u will happily say its the PAP that did it. U have to take the good with the bad. Get it asshole?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
He and his siblings had tuition for all their core subjects and they were specially selected teachers either from NUS or MOE. And they were no ordinary teachers. They were usually the best teachers who set the curriculums. One was a relative - Philip from ACS.

The kid that asked the question probably did not know his background.

Not to mention his father give him tutoring for the subject of Prime Ministership, under the guise of senior minister and minister mental, and he still is a fucked up PM.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats the part that I don't get. This guys is so off tangent that its not funny.

Not to mention his father give him tutoring for the subject of Prime Ministership, under the guise of senior minister and minister mental, and he still is a fucked up PM.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You are wrong. It's all LHL's fault

The SG Education system has failed. If almost all students need tuition, it shows that Singaporeans are not getting the basics from SG school system. That's why singaporeans have to pay good money for their children's education.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[SUB][/SUB]

"But I think it's too much. Tuition can help if you are really struggling with a subject. But generally speaking, we want the teachers in school to be teaching you the whole subject, not teaching you the basics and then saying 'the rest you go and ask your tuition teacher.'"

He said that from his observations, teachers make an effort to teach the whole syllabus in class most of the time and put in extra hours to teach students who need extra help.

"If you need more tuition or more help, many of the teachers I know stay back in class and in school. If you get detention class, the teachers also stay back in order to help you to pass the exam," he noted.

This dialogue tells all about how we have reached such a pathetic state. When the ground is so rotten, our leader is still dreaming that everything is fine.

They push all the blame to parents being kiasu. They claimed teachers do teach. Unfortunately, it is common knowledge among parents that without tuition, many of the kids may not even pass their PSLE. We have teachers telling students that fertilization takes place in the uterus. Teachers who insisted that drawing boxes is a must to solve problem sum. The poor kids only get the rude shock when their sec teachers tell them that those boxes are no longer allowed in sec sch. So many fundamental approaches are wrong which is why we are producing people who are good only in regurgitating and copying - nothing original will ever be produced from such a system.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you put LHL and LKY to us my generations of his failed education will fuck them jia lat jai lat. And the Minister MOE at that time was KFC lanchaio face Tony Tan.

LKY education system was a fake to make peasants failed and work as coolie for his 'attract foregin investments' for cheap labours in Singapore.

In the Chinese lesson, my class was made to take turn to read one page of a Chinese book. Each student read a few lines and the next follow and repeat the reading over again. Then if you don't know how to read the PRC Chink teacher make you stand on the chair and the next round don't know how to read stand outside the classroom door. That is you can fuck off to canteen she don't care. Nothing was teach about writing, how the Chinese word were evolved and the Chinese culture.

That is LKY education system. If parents no money for tuitions you failed and can go work as coolie for the foreign companies.

Chinese hater LKY fucked Chinese Sinkies destroy Chinese Singaporeans. I would think jiu hu kia did better Chinese as Johor still got Chinese schools.

Knnbccb LKY and his PAP.

Fuck the PAP.

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
But generally speaking, we want the teachers in school to be teaching you the whole subject, not teaching you the basics and then saying 'the rest you go and ask your tuition teacher.'

Step 1: All tuition agencies must have their syllabus vetted.
Step 2: All tutors must be accredited by NIE.
Step 3: Introduce levies to every kid in the agency.

Kah Ching! Kah Ching! Kah Ching!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
love for language can only be developed by reading books,not textbooks or school books,only the treasure of knowledge in the library.

If you put LHL and LKY to us my generations of his failed education will fuck them jia lat jai lat. And the Minister MOE at that time was KFC lanchaio face Tony Tan.

LKY education system was a fake to make peasants failed and work as coolie for his 'attract foregin investments' for cheap labours in Singapore.

In the Chinese lesson, my class was made to take turn to read one page of a Chinese book. Each student read a few lines and the next follow and repeat the reading over again. Then if you don't know how to read the PRC Chink teacher make you stand on the chair and the next round don't know how to read stand outside the classroom door. That is you can fuck off to canteen she don't care. Nothing was teach about writing, how the Chinese word were evolved and the Chinese culture.

That is LKY education system. If parents no money for tuitions you failed and can go work as coolie for the foreign companies.

Chinese hater LKY fucked Chinese Sinkies destroy Chinese Singaporeans. I would think jiu hu kia did better Chinese as Johor still got Chinese schools.

Knnbccb LKY and his PAP.

Fuck the PAP.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bingo....

That's why I wrote yesterday that the egomaniac's books such as "The Singapore Story", "From Third World to First", "Hard Truths", etc.... are full of useless crap. They didn't help Pinky to govern wisely and manage the city-state properly.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
waiting for Lee Hsien Loong to write his "hard truths to keep singapore going" so we can learn the secret sauce behind the success of Singapore from first world to swiss:the singapore story.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
He and his siblings had tuition for all their core subjects and they were specially selected teachers either from NUS or MOE. And they were no ordinary teachers.....

It was revealed in one of Old Fart's books that LKY got some British ang-mohs to read to Pinky and his siblings once or twice a week, am I right?

Even at that time, Old Fart knew that Sinkies were not native English speakers, only the British ang-mohs were.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
waiting for Lee Hsien Loong to write his "hard truths to keep singapore going" so we can learn the secret sauce behind the success of Singapore from first world to swiss standard.

We want to know how the ruling elite of Sinkapore manage to achieve and maintain the Swiss standard of living while ordinary Sinkies are still living the third world standard.