• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jackie Chan apologizes for son Jaycee's drug arrest

Arena

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Jackie Chan apologizes for son Jaycee's drug arrest

CNA
2014-08-21

5555-202750F_2014%E8%B3%87%E6%96%99%E7%85%A7%E7%89%87_copy1.JPG

Jackie Chan and son Jaycee Chan outside the Forbidden City in Beijing. The film legend is a member of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference. (File photo/China Times)

Action movie superstar Jackie Chan apologized publicly on Sina Weibo Wednesday for his son's detention in China for drug use, and said he was to be blamed for failing to teach his son what is right.

"I would like to thank all our friends for their concern. I'm angry and shocked that Jaycee would do such a thing," Chan said in his first public statement since his son's detention on Aug. 12 in Beijing.

"As a public figure and parent, I'm so ashamed and heartbroken, and his mother even more so. I hope all teenagers will learn from Jaycee's experience and stay away from the hazard of drugs," he added.

Jaycee Chan's mother is retired Taiwanese actress Lin Feng-jiao, who appeared in more than 70 films and won the Golden Horse Best Leading Actress Award in 1979 for her role in the movie The Story of a Small Town.

Chan also addressed his son in the statement on Sina Weibo, China's version of Twitter, urging him to take responsibility when he does something wrong. "As your father, I am willing to face the future with you," he wrote.

"Lastly, I am offering my deepest apology on Jaycee's behalf to the whole society and blame myself for failing to teach him right from wrong," he said.

The 31-year-old Jaycee Chan was arrested by Beijing public security agents at his upscale apartment in the city last week for smoking marijuana, which is illegal in China.

The agents also detained Taiwanese actor Kai Ko (Ko Chen-tung), 23, who shot to fame in the Greater China area after starring in the blockbuster You Are the Apple of My Eye in 2010.