• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Potential Political Hot Potato For Lee Hsien Loong

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Imagine TCB losing by 7500+ votes

it was a very, very close shave for TT and the pap.

I suspect the pap will do away with Elected President soon

Does the pap have enough stomach to face another Presidential Election? There is a good chance that the pap endorsed candidate may lose his deposit.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
does non teaching hours affect class size?

I have this long held suspicion that it does. Class sizes remained largely the same all these years sans the primary schools in P1 & P2, there after, 40 per class is the norm.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pray tell how the number of teachers increased over the decade and the student population relatively stagnant and yet class sizes remained the same? :smile::smile::smile:

MOE increases recruitment. But MOE fails to retain the teachers. Many teachers opted for early retirement and early termination of contract.

Increased foreign students intake

I believe class size did come down a little but not significantly

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
An increasing number of civil servants voting for oppositions. The last PE was telling.

5 more percent in the polls and the tanks and guns must come out and we will witness self proclaimed chosen ones (thinking they are also like Israelites) will come out to slaughter the people. The key now is to cheat and make sure the figure looks like 20 percent.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I believe class size did come down a little but not significantly

Let me break it down for you: the total number of teachers increased by 10% in the last decade from 30K to 33K, student intake per year relatively stagnant over the last decade despite the top up of foreign students after taking the falling birth rate into consideration. Class size remained the same over the last decade. Why?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
vmol1ld.jpg

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
5 more percent in the polls and the tanks and guns must come out and we will witness self proclaimed chosen ones (thinking they are also like Israelites) will come out to slaughter the people. The key now is to cheat and make sure the figure looks like 20 percent.

interesting perspective!

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let me break it down for you: the total number of teachers increased by 10% in the last decade from 30K to 33K, student intake per year relatively stagnant over the last decade despite the top up of foreign students after taking the falling birth rate into consideration. Class size remained the same over the last decade. Why?

from your figures, then if class size was 36 students then, it would probably be 33 now. that's not a significant drop.

but class size is not just determined by teachers number alone. Buildings and infrastructure do affect the number of classes a school can accommodate. If a school can only have 50 classes and is given 1800 students, average class size will be 36 regardless of number of teachers

jw5

Loyal
Involved in all sorts of CCAs and other MOE initiatives not related to classroom learning? :o:biggrin:

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
We have been having the wrong people in power. All these scholar idiots and dolts who have never worked a minute in the private sector have been trying to spot winners and ended up littering the place with duds. Recall Ho Ching when she ran Micropolis and you get the idea.

Right, and since they are clueless but effective they will get you into trouble faster.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
from your figures, then if class size was 36 students then, it would probably be 33 now. that's not a significant drop.

A class size is usually pegged at 40 students. Class size should rightfully be reduced by 10% but it's not even happening.