• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

She met him online, sent him money, then never heard from him again

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Ah Sam pm chiu...he nid USD2k to repair server...now in Bedok but left his ATM card in NZ...chiu lend onot? :biggrin::p

I'll lend him, later he upz my points many many... But he must transfer me SGD500 administrative fee for the bank first.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can I have her email address?

His good looks on his online profile persuaded her into accepting his friend request on Facebook last November. After a month of chatting online, Amy's newfound "British" friend wanted to send her gifts for Christmas.

"He showed me photographs of the gifts, which included an Apple iPad, a MacBook Pro and branded perfumes. They were mostly expensive things," said Amy (not her real name).

But the man also said he needed £2,000 (S$4,200) to help pay for the delivery company's administration fees. He was rushing to attend a seminar in Paris and did not have enough cash with him.

Amy, 25, who works in the hotel industry, later remitted $1,000 to the delivery company.

Her presents never arrived and she did not hear from the man, who called himself William Dominic Rachel, again.

Amy is one of a growing number of women to fall victim to online love scams.

From January to June this year, there were 82 such cases, involving $3.1 million.

In the same period last year, there were only 22 such cases.

Police said such scams are mostly targeted at women searching for love online through dating or social networks.

Amy told The Straits Times she had tried to verify the man's identity before she was cheated.

"I found the website of the company he said he was working for. I saw a photo of him giving a talk in a seminar. And so I believed him," she said.

What Amy did not know was that William Dominic Rachel could have lifted the photo from the company's page and crafted a fake Facebook profile for himself.

Apart from such love scams, other Internet crimes on the rise include the "multiple payment online purchase scam" and "PayPal e-mail scam".

In their effort to combat cybercrimes, police have expanded their outreach efforts to digital advertorials, articles and even videos.

These are posted on various online networks such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and other popular websites.

A recent video put up by the Punggol Neighbourhood Police Centre features a man who exposes his private parts online to someone he believes is a woman. But the person on the other side of the connection was revealed to be a man, who wanted to blackmail the victim.

Police have also created a microsite to educate the public on various types of scams.

Co-chairman of the Cyber Security Awareness Alliance in Singapore, Ms Shirley Wong, is not surprised that criminals are moving online, especially given the prevalence of social media users.

"It's easy to hide behind online personas, and harder to trace. People have to be more wary and alert of online offers, and be more suspicious especially when conducting transactions or procuring services online," she said.

The police said the public should do business with online companies that have an online track record, and not be lured by discounts. They should never give their bank account information, credit card numbers and personal details to anyone who they do not know or have not checked out.

And while it is good to check out online reviews of an online seller, the lack of complaints is no guarantee, given the rate at which fraudsters can set up new identities.

[email protected]

- See more at: http://digital.asiaone.com/digital/...en-never-heard-him-again#sthash.34DXnjv8.dpuf

maxxi

Alfrescian
Loyal
"our women will become maids"

No our women become prostitutes.

They will try again as it's their ticket out.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She's my ex-gf.........KNN, she sud be stuffed in a luggage bag and tossed into Kallang river......Haizz.....

It's better to dispose of the evidence. Chop her body up to make curry, then feed it to the investigators. :cool:

Romagnum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many of the Ecohouse investors are aunties who fell for the sweet talking charms of the British salesman.

They invested their life savings and now are having trouble getting their money back