• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bashing Foreign Talents

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffee Shop Talk - Bashing Foreign Talents</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">kojakbt22 <NOBR> </NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">7:42 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">i1u2suffer <NOBR></NOBR>unread</TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (2 of 4) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>1032.2 in reply to 1032.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Allow me to rebut some of the points...
For e.g. the hard labor workforce, i.e. the people who are doing jobs that most Singaporeans wouldn't do (or possibly can't do at all) even if that means they have to beg on the streets.
There is no such thing as Singaporeans won't do when we observe that in the first world countries, we even have white folks doing those dirty jobs. It's always a question of money. At what price would someone consider doing those dirty jobs but at a higher price?
Now, consider this: in a few more years, Jiawei would have been lived in Singapore longer than she has been in China. Now, some of us may have ancestors who has lived in China longer than they are in Singapore. I am a 2nd or 3rd Generation Singaporean, depending on maternal or paternal lineage.My maternal grandfather came from Guangzhou to Singapore before the Japanese invasion. My paternal great-grandfather came from Hong Kong probably in the early 1900s. What difference are they from Li Jiawei? Li Jiawei, as a child, left her home to come here. She has persevered unlike some of those who gave up and really went home. So give her a break already!
The problem with her is integration. Singapore has for the last 50 years come to a point where, regardless of race, there is a sense of "Singaporeaness" is us. One of the key characteristics emerging among Singaporeans is the ability to speak English (or Singlish) lang. When a Singaporean first meet a Singaporean, the first lingua franca used would be English. Li Jiawei, in her 10 or more years here still can't speak or converse in decent English. This is unlike Tao Li who in fact, would deliberately want to speak English at times I think for fear that people will see her as from China. Without such roots, Li Jiawei may not stay on in Singapore later. If she leaves Singapore and goes back to China forever, she will probably be seen as a hired gun for Singapore.
I admit I am no lover of Foreign Talents. However, I disliked some of them because some of them did not live up to what they claimed they are. Some of us have definitely worked with those who clearly have no clue what they are doing in spite of what they claimed they know.
There are many such "fake" talents in Singapore... They are nothing more than govt attempt to help businesses to reduce cost by allowing them to hire cheap labour. This is detrimental to Singaporean workers in the long run.
Simply put, my fellow Singaporeans, let us be clear what we are unhappy with, and not just go all out and whack FTs with even the lamest excuses we can think of. It brings shame upon all of us and make us no better than xenophobic skinheads we read about in other countries.
I agree with u on one thing. we can't really blame FTs for coming here to make a better living for themselves. Yes, the real culprit is none other than PAP.

[email protected]

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
get over it lah, FT are here to stay. no decent s'porean parent will allow his/her children to play sports professionally. so how ? no choice, got to import

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
FT make us work harder as it provide competition. May the best succeed. This is true competition. NS on the other hand make singaporeans become lazy as there are lots of incentives to keng and take cover. That is why you see so many lazy SAF regualrs all hide inside SAF. Only lazy and useless people support NS.

WOOHOO

Alfrescian
Loyal
FTs are here and around us and are staying here. Live with it. Why ?? Are they sucking your blood?? They are all human too if you think that you are better than prove your worth and stop ranting on and on and on.....

theunforgotten

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am no Right wing nationalistic nut, though I love this country HOWEVER i just dont like the present management and their management style.

Since they are on topic of FT and using $$ to gain top talents to come, here how about an idea. Hire Blair to be in on our cabinet ( He's reitred), Jack Straw , Ken Liviningstone (fmr london mayor) , Bill or hillary Clinton , Dick Cheney ,Colin powell , karl Rove, Thaksin, Anson Chan, Manmohan Singh (when he finished his stint in Delhi).

leave pinky as the PM, MM under the Familee..there Problem solved :smile: hehe

Temujin

Alfrescian
Loyal
If dont know anything dont just anyhow post.

FTs is definitely good for SG, regardless of whether there are fake degrees and lousy FTs, who knows until they are tested ,.... as with all companies, some people can work, some cannot. It is not just Fts, but also locals. And the same thing, some will managed to get away for long time.

We need them here, we are short of people, already blue collared jobs are mostly foreign workers. Some of this jobs pay better than low end clerical jobs, but SG peeps rather earn less and be clerk in banks (pretigious) than work as waitresses etc.

Face it, some locals are just not up to it ... so instead of complaining, just buck up and prove to your boss you are worth more than the FTs.