• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

National servicemen killed in line of duty over the years

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
1968 [Source]

First reported training death in October 1968. In that incident, Recruit Allen Tan Chong Huat, 19, was stung by hornets in the Chua Chu Kang forest. He was rushed to Taman Jurong Camp but there was no doctor on duty there ( military doctors then clocked an 8am to 5pm shift). What’s more, the garrison’s ambulance was out on another call. So Recruit Tan’s officers rushed him to the main road to flag down a passing vehicle. It took an hour to get him to hospital.

I believe that the first SAF death was before this. I recall that in January 1968, our original batch of armour officers were send to Israel for training. As well, NCOs were also send there for training on the same AMX-13. My understanding was that some of them committed suicide in Isreal due to kenna tekan by their instructors. So, it would mean that it predates your Oct. 1968 date by a few months. This was hush hush and still is today.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
This was extremely lethal soil bacteria! :eek:

In 2004, 15 Singaporeans died in one outbreak alone. It had the potential to be an even bigger pandemic than bubonic plague. If it wasn't for the selfless efforts of Dr Patrick Tan, half of Singapore could have been wiped out.

Well, I hope that its as lethal as you say it is. That makes the chance of patrick tan contracting something even higher. And than he will transmit it to his father Tony, who will in turn transmit it to all the MPs, cabinet ministers, etc in his normal course of working and golfing with them. With a little luck, they will all be dead in a short time.

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
June 1995 - Road marshal for army half marathon was run over by a speeding Civic SIR

1994 - 4 month Bmt recruit shot his tekanning officer then turned the gun onto himself at firing range. His last words to the officer before pulling the trigger "Sir you not happy with me. I also not happy with you."

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Well, I hope that its as lethal as you say it is. That makes the chance of patrocl tan contracting something even higher. And than he will transmit it to his father Tony, who will in turn transmit it to all the MPs, cabinet ministers, etc in his normal course of working and golfing with them. With a little luck, they will all be dead in a short time.

If all these intelligent and extremely talented people die, Singapore will end up being swampland again.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I stole this list from TRS so I don't think it is exhaustive in any way.

Thanks to all who made valuable additions. Much appreciated.

Pity all these folks

wusangui

Alfrescian
Loyal
the trainers very scare reservists' survey result as it affect their kpi. even the cookhouse need to kio tolong when reservists give lousy rating on food. no need to give face to ATC. Gaga whack inside survey.[/QUOTE]

cannot compare with outside food la bro,i usually give good rating coz if u compare with the food cook by nsf during our bmt days,it is consider very good liao.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
the trainers very scare reservists' survey result as it affect their kpi. even the cookhouse need to kio tolong when reservists give lousy rating on food. no need to give face to ATC. Gaga whack inside survey.

cannot compare with outside food la bro,i usually give good rating coz if u compare with the food cook by nsf during our bmt days,it is consider very good liao.

From the day I enlisted to the day I ROD, my cookhouse vegetables was full of sand. That's the one thing I remember about my NS life to this day. Every meal, I would eat sand.

Then a few years back I read the news we are stealing sand from Indonesia.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
I stole this list from TRS so I don't think it is exhaustive in any way.

Thanks to all who made valuable additions. Much appreciated.

Pity all these folks

There are many more.

One fellow from my coy died from sudden artery snap. 2 months later another died from collision with 3 tonnes..

Both used to play arcade games together in the canteen.

wusangui

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are many more.

One fellow from my coy died from sudden artery snap. 2 months later another died from collision with 3 tonnes..

Both used to play arcade games together in the canteen.

u last time which camp?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the trainers very scare reservists' survey result as it affect their kpi. even the cookhouse need to kio tolong when reservists give lousy rating on food. no need to give face to ATC. Gaga whack inside survey.

cannot compare with outside food la bro,i usually give good rating coz if u compare with the food cook by nsf during our bmt days,it is consider very good liao.[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly, gedong cookhouses only commercialized in 98, 42 first as they take care brigade first then 46 later, not sure of ATC. I know cannot compare to outside but since SFI was charging on average $5.50 per head then it better has a bit of standard. It paid with taxpayer monies, so what wrong in making SFI work hard for it.

U only experience NSF cooks in bmt? I ate their craps for almost 2 years. I even help out the cookhouse(extras) for few days and after seeing what they did in the kitchen, I dun even take some of the food they prepared on the mess tray.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some patriotic gong kias will still report for war duty... turn up super punctual at the mobilisation and equipping centres. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, the pappies all run road already via unlisted private jets. :wink:

the patriotic gong kias will report for war duty with their maid carrying their fullpack and rifle. Maid board warplane with them and act as shield when grounded hehe