• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FAP Traitors grant citizenship to PRC players but not my dad

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]PAP grants citizenship to PRC players but not my dad[/h]
dmca_protected_sml_120n.png
PostDateIcon.png
July 30th, 2014 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Contributions

Why did PAP grant citizenship to PRC table tennis players and not to my dad who has worked here for 30 years?
By Ho S C
(Note: This first appeared as a comment under a post by Lee Hsien Loong congratulating the ex-PRC table tennis players for winning Gold at the Commonwealth Games.)
My dad came to Singapore as kid with his mum during the British time.
That was when Singapore was still part of Malaysia. So when Singapore became independent my grandma decided to stay here instead of going back Malaysia.
When NS was made compulsory for all males in Singapore, my dad at that time a teenager decided to opt out.
Since then till now at 66 yrs old, he had been denied a citizenship. Why?
Because he did not serve NS.
Had he not contribute (sic) to Singapore for the past 30 yrs working here?
Haven’t me and my brother served NS? Now the govt just give out citizenship just like that to these China players…Did they serve NS?
I quote this from someone who replied me from ICA a few years back when I tried to apply citizenship for my dad: “The govt do not encourage people who are not self economical to apply for citizenship”.
After 30 yrs of contributing to the nation, this is the reply you get.
I ask myself all the time when I go back reservist: what (sic) and why must we serve?
10583966_742244442503557_4529670917885318688_n.jpg

The Alternative View
[source]: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Alternative-View/358759327518739

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
“The govt do not encourage people who are not self economical to apply for citizenship”.

=> Cos the author's dad did not pay the indirect 35% tax called CPF?

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When the PAPs are dangling under the lamp posts, then all will be well.
NO MORE FUCKING FTs WILL BE IMPORTED TO SCREW SINGAPOREANS IN LAND STOLEN FROM THEM

KILL ALL THE FUCKING PAPs AND ALL WILL BE WELL
HANG THOSE BASTARDS TO DANCE UNDER THE PIANO WIRES

Plotzensee_nooses.jpg

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dad is Sinkie loser for sure.

Even if he had NOT served NS, if he is a 'successful' person ( that is not in the category like a taxi driver, security guard...etc.etc...you get what I mean)...citizenship would have been granted to him....donkey years ago.

And that brings me to the current point about his sons. High chance they will be losers as well. LoL

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes. Well said - and furthermore working for himself is not working for Singapore.

The PAP considers NS as a privilege & that is why the pay is so low. Parents & males are actually subsidising the PAP gov't for 2+ years:rolleyes:

So if given a choice many poor out there would rather be working for a livable wage & not be forced to do NS.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if you do the math, it doesn't make sense.

his dad is now 66 years old, which means he's born in 1948. the ns (amendment) act was passed in 1967 and enlistment act enacted in 1970, whereby it was mandatory for males between 16.5 to 40 years to be conscripted, except for malays until 1977. between 1967 and 1970, his dad should be 19 to 22 years old respectively. unless his dad is malay, how could his dad suka suka not enlist for ns? :confused:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The NS rule applies to all citizens and 2nd generation PRs. The guy's dad is first generation PR. Since he chose to opt out he cannot ask for heaven and earth.

if you do the math, it doesn't make sense.

his dad is now 66 years old, which means he's born in 1948. the ns (amendment) act was passed in 1967 and enlistment act enacted in 1970, whereby it was mandatory for males between 16.5 to 40 years to be conscripted, except for malays until 1977. between 1967 and 1970, his dad should be 19 to 22 years old respectively. unless his dad is malay, how could his dad suka suka not enlist for ns? :confused:

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
The NS rule applies to all citizens and 2nd generation PRs. The guy's dad is first generation PR. Since he chose to opt out he cannot ask for heaven and earth.

Welll we have lots of tiongs and nehs receiving their citizenships even though they did not serve NS when they were first generation PRs, any explanation?

The only thing I can think of is Jobs for foreigners, NS for Singaporeans.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

Quite ridiculous when the elderly man is allowed to live and work in the island for 30 years as permanent resident. Why didn't the paps kick him out of sinpore years ago if he is not an economical asset to the country?

Is it the pap's policy to allow stateless foreigners to use sinpore as refugee camp?

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No NS, no citizenship, PERIOD.

This should be applied across the board for all males (until such time when females are required to serve NS like in Israel).

People like Dr Janil Puthucheary should be given only PR .

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The ones who are now new citizens are not eligible for NS. They are not in the zone. The father was a PR at a time when they had an option to do NS to qualify but chose not to. So no citizenship. Many Malaysians despite being PR chose not to.

Welll we have lots of tiongs and nehs receiving their citizenships even though they did not serve NS when they were first generation PRs, any explanation?

The only thing I can think of is Jobs for foreigners, NS for Singaporeans.