• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Inter-ethnic marriages almost doubles over past decade

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The proportion of inter-ethnic marriages has almost doubled from a decade ago, to make up one in five marriages last year, latest figures released by the Singapore Department of Statistics on Tuesday (July 29) showed.

Inter-ethnic marriages were more prevalent with Muslim marriages at 32.1 per cent compared with 18.2 per cent among civil marriages. About a quarter of the 1,630 inter-ethnic Muslim marriages last year involved spouses who fall into the “Others” ethnic group, which includes foreign nationalities and all ethnic groups excluding Chinese, Indians, Eurasians, Caucasians and Malays.

Explaining the greater proportion of Malay Muslims finding suitable spouses outside their racial group, Member of Parliament for Pasir Ris-Punggol, Mr Zainal Sapari, said: “The Malay Muslims used to be a very closed group. But I think with better education and better qualifications and better income, their circle of friends has become bigger.”

Of the 3,865 inter-ethnic civil marriages last year, 47.4 per cent were between Chinese grooms and brides of the “Others” ethnic group. The second most common ethnic combination was Caucasian grooms and Chinese brides at 13.1 per cent.

Ms Anita Fam, a Families for Life council member, said inter-ethic marriages — not only between major racial groups in Singapore, but also with different nationalities — is to be expected. “The world is a smaller place. And what would have been totally unusual two generations ago is far more acceptable in this day and age,” she said.

However, she added that couples in inter-ethnic marriages may need extra preparation and support to better understand each other’s cultures, as they will encounter more challenges than couples of the same race and beliefs.

Romagnum

Alfrescian
Loyal
I want inter ethnic marriage before I turn 35, hoping my Korean darling says yes. I support Korea, use Samsung phone and drive Kia car.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
saw a short ugly malay chap with an extremely pretty indian gal and their hybrid offspring on an mrt train recently. how sinkie couples cum together is a marvel rivaling those of marvel comics. :p

here's sadplumpgal with her bf.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 203

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
another shot of sadplumpgal and her bf.....truly inter-species love. :p

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 210

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is good to know many Muslim are de-allahnising themselves for the benefit of the whole world.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once, in public transport(overheard), a Malay granny told her grand daughter(5yrs).
"I put all my $$ in yr name to u b4 I die; but pls do not marry a Malay or Indian; or else I will get out of coffin to take them back".

wow....any comments in this?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Once, in public transport(overheard), a Malay granny told her grand daughter(5yrs).
"I put all my $$ in yr name to u b4 I die; but pls do not marry a Malay or Indian; or else I will get out of coffin to take them back".

That's Samantha leong's granny teaching her "Ang Mors Are The Best!"

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Gees... I didn't know de-allahnisation started 2 generation ago.

KNNBXCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
saw a short ugly malay chap with an extremely pretty indian gal and their hybrid offspring on an mrt train recently. how sinkie couples cum together is a marvel rivaling those of marvel comics. :p

here's sadplumpgal with her bf.....

You take picture like that might as well don't take :biggrin:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why mostly keling marry chinese girls n hardly any chinese man marry keling girl?

Dating Indian girl is very troublesome. Especially those "traditional" families. The men in the girl's family are always trying to fuck your shit up. Unless she's very chio, don't bother with all the drama. Better off settling for a Cantonese girl :o

whosayone

Alfrescian
Loyal
The families usually very noisy. No peace after marriage. Even Indian men dun like dealing with Indian in-laws.

Dating Indian girl is very troublesome. Especially those "traditional" families. The men in the girl's family are always trying to fuck your shit up. Unless she's very chio, don't bother with all the drama. Better off settling for a Cantonese girl :o

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

very hard to find them too, at night and especially in total darkness. they need to smile with shiny white teeth for love (making) to happen. :biggrin: