• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ica makes roughly $140 million every 5 years just from our passport renewals

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]ICA MAKES ROUGHLY $140 MILLION EVERY 5 YEARS JUST FROM OUR PASSPORT RENEWALS[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
28 Jul 2014 - 2:41pm

<ins style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

ICA is collecting about $140 million dollars every five years for issuing passports.

This is based on the following assumptions and estimates:

Population = 2 million

Cost per passport = $70

Renewal compulsory every five years

Total revenue collected every five years = 70 x 2 million = $140 million.

This sounds like an awfully large amount of money just for performing the simple task of issuing passports.

In the past, passports are valid for 10 years, and passports for visit to Malaysia only cost $10.

The elimination of the budget option for Malaysia only passport, plus the sharp reduction of passport validity to only five years, meant a large increase in revenue for ICA for passport issuance.

Would the government kindly explain the following;

1. Why the budget option passport was stopped?
2. Why are passports valid for 5 years only?
3. Is the current price of passports based on cost recovery principle?

In addition, for parents with new children born in the family, everyone would have passports of varying expiry date. It is cumbersome to incur extra trips to bring young children for each renewal.
At the expense of lowering the revenue slightly, would the government be people-centric and consider the following;

To allow one time free family renewal for every member of the household so as to synchronize the passport expiry date
Kampong Boy

kent1980

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Full of shit, they should not charge so much for the passports. Technology should have brought the cost down and not made it more costly.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Full of shit, they should not charge so much for the passports. Technology should have brought the cost down and not made it more costly.

Arsehole.

You do not want them laughing all the way to their banks and back laughing again from the banks?
What kind of spoil sport agitator are you?

YOU SOME KIND OF TALIBAN TERRORIST?

TELL ME YOUR NRIC NUMBER
THEY WANT TO GET THEIR KNUCKLEDUSTER TO MEET YOU IN SOME DARK LANE.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU EXPECT THEM TO DO?

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
really ah ?

haven't even seen my own passport for the last 15 years..............wah......i saved $210 liao leh........

the closest i've been to abroad was going to Changi Airport............Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal..........

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal

Those scums....charging $70 to replace your I/c which is some 20 years...

Come on 20 years..sure got wear and tear..

It is not that I keep replacing my lost I/c and troubling them..

It is honestly due to long use that part of the I/c is chipped and due for replacement.

My friend said the cost is about USD 5 per I/c and even on this they want to make mega bucks out of it.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It is honestly due to long use that part of the I/c is chipped and due for replacement.

My friend said the cost is about USD 5 per I/c and even on this they want to make mega bucks out of it.

What else?

Stinkies all head down down and arseholes up high high for them to tieu to kan to rape so they can laugh all the way to their banks.

LIVE WITH IT
OR USE YOUR PIANO WIRE TO SPEAK TO THEM

kent1980

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Full of shit, these agencies are all full of shit all the time overcharging for everything.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And each of those passports only last for five years. :rolleyes:

In the past you only needed to replace the passport every 10 years. The move towards a 5 year upgrade cycle is similar to the frequent upgrades of the hawker centres. The PAP are profiteering

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Can anyone provide info on much much other countries charge and the validity of their passport.

Tonychat Malaysia charge how much?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Money not enough for all SG embassy oversea. All people KPKB this that expensive.
When u need oversea sg embassy help u will think different.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FYI there are numerous pathetic low life sinkie losers out there that cannot afford or are reluctant to to renew their passport due to the cost vs lifespan of the passport.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FYI there are numerous pathetic low life sinkie losers out there that cannot afford or are reluctant to to renew their passport due to the cost vs lifespan of the passport.

puki...................talking about me huh................

yah lah, yah lah...............you velly rich lah................every month go abroad for holiday lah..............

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
What is $140 million every 5 years to the ICA? that is peanuts money to them. Sinkies really fail to see the crux of the issue. Look at all the worker's levy collected every month by the ICA, for all categories. This is easily $400 on average a month. You figure at least 1.5 million of these FTs have to have their levy paid by their employers every month, that would be $400 X 1.5million. That is $600 million a month collected or $7.2 billion a year. Now ask yourself why the PAP is so eager to let in so many FTs in such a short time.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
NO wonder/////

It was not too long ago when passport costs only $5 - 10

This friggin govt is only good in leeching money from its pple............

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

the restricted passport were much cheaper
now we know why it was withdrawn.... so that can screw more money from sgians...............

Is it true that like the emperor of Japan LKY n LHL does not need passport to travel???

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
johnny333;The PAP are profiteering[/QUOTE said:
Money loaned to GIC got CPF component meh??????????????

Dr Ng said NO but Ah Neh Botak said GIC does not know nor cared....!!