• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sme complains of labour crunch when he only pays workers $800!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]LOCAL BUSINESS OWNER COMPLAINS OF LABOUR CRUNCH WHEN HE ONLY PAYS WORKERS $800[/h]
Post date:
26 Jul 2014 - 6:14pm

Dear TRS,

A Local Indian Business owner complained to me the other day that he couldn't find locals to work for him so he wanted to hire foreigners.

He runs a lorry transportation business and this is the conversation that I had with him:

Business owner: I cannot find locals to work for me. I want to hire SPASS but no quota.

Me: How much are you paying the locals?

B: $600 to $800.

Me: You know right SPASS minimum salary is $2.2K?

B: Ya I know. But what to do. I can't get locals to work for me. I advertise for 2 weeks but no one wants. So that's why I want to hire SPASS. But MOM says I don't have the quota. I have enough head count. 6 locals to 1 SPASS.

Me: You do know that if salary of locals are below 1K, they're considered to be part-time workers?

B: But they are working full-time what..

Me: B, you mean you pay locals ONLY $600-$800 for full-time staffs? And you are willing to pay $2.2K to SPASS holders?

B: What to do.. No locals want to work for me. Very difficult for me to hire locals.

Me: On $600-$800 per month? For a full-time job? Local Singaporeans? Are you sure?

B: Yes that's why I need to hire foreigners. No locals want this job.

Our conversation continued and I found out that he wanted to hire a foreigner because he could just over declare their salary a little and so he could still hire them for a fairly low price.

Currently, he has 8 locals working for him but the MOM rules say that part timers only count for half a person on the quota so he would need at least 12 locals earning less than $1k before he could hire a foreigner.

What's worse, he even went on to complain that the locals working for him often take MC and AWOL complaining of body aches and pains.

But when he's paying them only $800 a month for full-time work, there's really no surprises.

This whole thing made me wonder, who exactly are the ones complaining to the government about labour shortages?

Are they all like this business owner who just want an easy, cheap way to exploit workers? We really shouldn't be entertaining their demands because it's clearly just promoting bad business practices to let in cheap foreign labour to satisfy such terrible employers.

Concerned Citizen
TRS Contributor

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
People like this should be shot in the head and removed from the economy. These are nut jobs that call themselves as businessmen.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what shocks me more is theres actually 6 singaporeans willing to work for $600 to $800 a month,wtf is wrong with these people?why arent they marching to oxley road with pitchforks and torches and burning that sonofabitch down?

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is a typical ah Neh. What do you expect?

[h=1]LOCAL BUSINESS OWNER COMPLAINS OF LABOUR CRUNCH WHEN HE ONLY PAYS WORKERS $800[/h]
Post date:
26 Jul 2014 - 6:14pm

Dear TRS,

A Local Indian Business owner complained to me the other day that he couldn't find locals to work for him so he wanted to hire foreigners.

He runs a lorry transportation business and this is the conversation that I had with him:

Business owner: I cannot find locals to work for me. I want to hire SPASS but no quota.

Me: How much are you paying the locals?

B: $600 to $800.

Me: You know right SPASS minimum salary is $2.2K?

B: Ya I know. But what to do. I can't get locals to work for me. I advertise for 2 weeks but no one wants. So that's why I want to hire SPASS. But MOM says I don't have the quota. I have enough head count. 6 locals to 1 SPASS.

Me: You do know that if salary of locals are below 1K, they're considered to be part-time workers?

B: But they are working full-time what..

Me: B, you mean you pay locals ONLY $600-$800 for full-time staffs? And you are willing to pay $2.2K to SPASS holders?

B: What to do.. No locals want to work for me. Very difficult for me to hire locals.

Me: On $600-$800 per month? For a full-time job? Local Singaporeans? Are you sure?

B: Yes that's why I need to hire foreigners. No locals want this job.

Our conversation continued and I found out that he wanted to hire a foreigner because he could just over declare their salary a little and so he could still hire them for a fairly low price.

Currently, he has 8 locals working for him but the MOM rules say that part timers only count for half a person on the quota so he would need at least 12 locals earning less than $1k before he could hire a foreigner.

What's worse, he even went on to complain that the locals working for him often take MC and AWOL complaining of body aches and pains.

But when he's paying them only $800 a month for full-time work, there's really no surprises.

This whole thing made me wonder, who exactly are the ones complaining to the government about labour shortages?

Are they all like this business owner who just want an easy, cheap way to exploit workers? We really shouldn't be entertaining their demands because it's clearly just promoting bad business practices to let in cheap foreign labour to satisfy such terrible employers.

Concerned Citizen
TRS Contributor

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rule number 1 if you work for a shit skin you're dumb.

Rule number 2: if you're a non shit skin and you work for a shit skin that's even dumber.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The only way you will find "workers" willing to accept those salaries is if you force them using the law. We already have that & it is called NS:(

Last edited:

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sporeans attitude is bad.

Those business owners will testify to this; nothing to do with being more costly.

Most businesses will pay more for a worker that doesnt cause trouble; the problem with sporean workers in general is that they want high pay and yet cause more trouble than the foreign workers.

quartz28

Alfrescian
Loyal
what shocks me more is theres actually 6 singaporeans willing to work for $600 to $800 a month,wtf is wrong with these people?why arent they marching to oxley road with pitchforks and torches and burning that sonofabitch down?

Ya....that's why I think this article may be a hoax ....you can be a friendly McDonald worker for 600-800..