• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Most NSmen in their 30s fail annual IPPT

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://features.insing.com/feature/most-nsmen-in-their-30s-fail-annual-ippt/id-68493101/

nsmenippt.jpg

As many as seven in 10 national servicemen (NSmen) in their 30s fail their annual Individual Physical Proficiency Test (IPPT), and the rate further increases with age.

This was revealed by Edwin Ong, former head of physical training in the army, Channel NewsAsia reported.

Ong also said that of the five mandatory exercises done during the test, chin-ups, the standing broad jump and the 2.4km run pose the greatest difficulties. The other two exercises include the shuttle run and sit-ups.

He said it takes about an hour to go through all five IPPT “stations”, but it requires roughly six weeks to adequately prepare for them.

His comments come after the announcement last month by Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen that IPPT would be made simpler and may include fewer test stations.

The Government has already proposed doubling the timeframe given to NSmen to pass their IPPT and to complete their remedial training for those who fail the test.

However, Ng told the media on 30 June that "simpler is not easier" because IPPT changes would be made "without diluting fitness standards".

Further details would be announced in the coming months, he added.

KNNBXCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PT trainer got women?

Got lah. Khatib camp got 2. Kranji got 1. Even the in-pro counter they hire civilians to do. Last time done by those chao ah gua nsf. The minah clerk in Khatib really chio, fair and slim. Knn. Her husband/bf must have done alot of good deeds last lifetime. Got wife like her, no need steal eat outside.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
means literally 70% of the fighting force is unfit for combat after age 30.....how the fuck u expect this country to fight a war?whats the point of spending $13 billion a year on the military?

fucking ISIS can conquer us faster than Iraqis can shout Death to ameriKKKa!!!!

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Better to downgrade than to waste time n effort for pappies

NS - Serve your nation, so that in future, they can 'safeguard' your retirement funds on your behalf. Huat ah!

If only they distribute the rifles to the NS men like the Swiss, you see PAP guai guai give you 4% interest and won't fuck around with the minimum sum and withdrawal age.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
means literally 70% of the fighting force is unfit for combat after age 30.....how the fuck u expect this country to fight a war?whats the point of spending $13 billion a year on the military?

fucking ISIS can conquer us faster than Iraqis can shout Death to america!!!!

What you expect when you got a conscript army, longest working hours in the world and paper generals. Rest assured, they'll hold a COI when the war is over.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually if you think about it most ppl in sinkieland should live till say 80 onwards I think the average age for males dying in singapore should be 70s so when one is in his mid to late 30s he would have lived half his life for an average sinkie. It seems that many sinkies in their 30s are like 1 foot in the grave all because they refuse to live properly. I honestly believe this. If they do a few simple adjustments in their lives they can be fit and healthy from 60 onwards

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

fucking ISIS can conquer us faster than Iraqis can shout Death to ameriKKKa!!!!

Fight lanjiao lah. Even if there is a war, I bet only a few gong kias will report for duty. :rolleyes:

Conscription is to artificially boost the number of operational soldiers, so that in the event of a war, in theory, a number of soldiers can be immediately recalled.

Theory and reality are quite different. :wink:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Actually if you think about it most ppl in sinkieland should live till say 80 onwards I think the average age for males dying in singapore should be 70s so when one is in his mid to late 30s he would have lived half his life for an average sinkie. It seems that many sinkies in their 30s are like 1 foot in the grave all because they refuse to live properly. I honestly believe this. If they do a few simple adjustments in their lives they can be fit and healthy from 60 onwards

i plan to live till 150 years old onwards..hopefully 200 years old too.