• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CPF will soon allow private pension plans!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You see... PAP is right... When compare with return, all of you will compare with those which make successful investment...

Ask you to invest yourself... All kana stuck... There is a lot of government approved unit trusts that make money... It is also depend on when you invest...

Lose or stuck on your investment... You blame the government...:rolleyes:

This is where you are wrong.

Investment is not a one off thing but a long term process where you consistently put $$ in. Using dollar cost averaging you accumulate wealth. However with the CPF they only return a pittance of 2.5%. Some of my equities have given me a few hundred percent growth.

I have investments in Canada, US & Malaysia. Some of them are in RRSPs, unit trusts(i.e. Mutual funds) & equities. They are all doing better than my CPF stocks. The reason I am angry with the PAP is because they have stolen my opportunity cost of making even more $$$$$$$. If I had been able to invest what was stolen under the CPF, I would be worth more$$$ today.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is where you are wrong.

Investment is not a one off thing but a long term process where you consistently put $$ in. Using dollar cost averaging you accumulate wealth. However with the CPF they only return a pittance of 2.5%. Some of my equities have given me a few hundred percent growth.

I have investments in Canada, US & Malaysia. Some of them are in RRSPs, unit trusts(i.e. Mutual funds) & equities. They are all doing better than my CPF stocks. The reason I am angry with the PAP is because they have stolen my opportunity cost of making even more $$$$$$$. If I had been able to invest what was stolen under the CPF, I would be worth more$$$ today.

I think they should allow SRS funds to invest in overseas stock like Msia stocks that I like. Nowadays don't know what Spore stocks to buy using SRS.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just give sinkees simple options - get the miserly CPF interest or to invest in a S&P etf from Blackrock or Vanguard.

I found out from my investment broker that in the past MAS tried to prevent Sporeans from investing in the US market. That is why you needed several hundred thousands before you could open an account with a local brokerage house to invest in the US.

The PAP probably wanted to channel the our money into GLCS

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oic they only contributed to that fund in their own name and nothing else. But then they are quite elderly so might have passed retirement age and that is their retirement account indeed.

You get a tax break by putting money into the account. Then you decide how you want to invest it. You could put it in fixed deposit, buy individual stocks, buy unit trusts or buy ETFs. You make the decision.
You can start this account once you start working.

Yeah why people 5 or 6 percent can get so much. I recall Australia only 10 percent or so, not that much too. And they are really worry free in medical expenses, that time got one Australian staff who contracted skin cancer and he was not worried at all, said many people got skin cancer there.

The long term average returns on the S&P is 7 percent. So, if you are investing for 30 years, your money is secured.

http://pages.stern.nyu.edu/~adamodar/New_Home_Page/datafile/histretSP.html

We have been cheated of our returns by the PAP!!!!!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think they should allow SRS funds to invest in overseas stock like Msia stocks that I like. Nowadays don't know what Spore stocks to buy using SRS.

They want the money to support SGX. The PAP government is using CPF for everything except to help you save for retirement. That's why the are so reluctant to let you get back your money or invest it for maximum gain.

If the government wants you to maximize your CPF, it can easily contract with Vanguard for sinkees to invest in Vanguard's S&P ETF. A simple process and higher returns for sinkees.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
You get a tax break by putting money into the account. Then you decide how you want to invest it. You could put it in fixed deposit, buy individual stocks, buy unit trusts or buy ETFs. You make the decision.
You can start this account once you start working.

That must be it then as I recall they did say they can deduct tax and as there is no cap on the contribution, they can no need to pay tax at all by contributing to this account.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
They want the money to support SGX. The PAP government is using CPF for everything except to help you save for retirement. That's why the are so reluctant to let you get back your money or invest it for maximum gain.

If the government wants you to maximize your CPF, it can easily contract with Vanguard for sinkees to invest in Vanguard's S&P ETF. A simple process and higher returns for sinkees.

All the blue chip bank stocks so expensive, don't know which stock can buy using SRS that are safe. In Msia I can buy their Maybank share at Rm10 or less per share and buy only 100 shares per lot. They should let us invest in Vanguard like you say for our CPF or SRS funds.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"For CPF members who can stomach higher risks, the Deputy Prime Minister agreed that options that may enable higher returns should be studied, but stressed the importance of understanding the risks involved in options like private pension plans." ...
juz gif back moni 2 ppl @ age 55 ... no nid 2 cum out wif so many new patterns ...

stay focused! ...

Ibisevic

Alfrescian
Loyal
All the blue chip bank stocks so expensive, don't know which stock can buy using SRS that are safe. In Msia I can buy their Maybank share at Rm10 or less per share and buy only 100 shares per lot. They should let us invest in Vanguard like you say for our CPF or SRS funds.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YhdRgIT8flc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>