• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Male business partner who took money is a woman

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When Mrs Lee Chan Fong's business partner allegedly absconded with more than $1 million of her money from their renovation business, the 45-year-old went straight to the police.

The business partner, a bearded middle-aged man known as Johnson, had taken charge of the company's accounts after he bought into the business in 2010, Mrs Lee told The Straits Times yesterday.

She alleged that he had issued blank cheques on which her signature was forged and cashed cheques from contractors without depositing the money into the company's account.

But an even bigger shock awaited her after she made a police report last August.

She found out from the police that Johnson was actually a woman.

"The officers wanted to verify some details with me, so they interviewed me a second time and asked if he was male," said Mrs Lee in Mandarin.

"They showed me his IC (identity card) photo in their database and he was not only a woman, but also had been convicted before." Mrs Lee said she was stunned by the discovery because Johnson has a wife and four children.

"He was close to my husband and my family, and I've met his wife," she added, describing him as a long-time family friend. "His parents have gone on holiday to Hong Kong with my brother and mother. Also, my husband loaned him $170,000, which has not been repaid."

Johnson could not be contacted since last year, said Mrs Lee.

When The Straits Times contacted Johnson's brother yesterday, he confirmed his "brother" used to work with Mrs Lee. But he said he does not keep in touch with his sibling and refused to speak further.

Police confirmed Mrs Lee made a police report last August and the case is still under investigation.