• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MHA may honour officers in Dec 8 riot

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The people who should be getting a medal are those who died or were seriously injured or crippled during NS. There is no monument to them and in many cases, they were not even acknowledged and their cases are suppressed.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The people who should be getting a medal are those who died or were seriously injured or crippled during NS. There is no monument to them and in many cases, they were not even acknowledged and their cases are suppressed.

You are lucky, you get honoured with a PARK BENCH, where the birds can sit on, some people bums....& be special, "some love making session"...!! that is for bravery....you run away from rioters, you get your chief to come down with cakes & medal??

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nur Asyiqin Mohamad Salleh
The Straits Times
Thursday, Jul 10, 2014
The Ministry of Home Affairs will consider giving commendations to the men and women who performed outstandingly on the night of the Little India riot.

Said Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean yesterday: "The Government will consider recognising the Home Team officers who answered the call to action to quell the riot that night in the face of personal danger and under difficult circumstances."

He was replying to several MPs who had asked how officers at the riot would be recognised.

The Committee of Inquiry (COI) had, in both its proceedings and its findings released last week, praised the efforts of first responders on the night of Dec 8.

Yesterday, there was an outpouring of praise as well in Parliament, notably from Ms Denise Phua (Moulmein-Kallang GRC), who oversees part of Little India.

She saluted them for their work while Mr Christopher de Souza (Holland-Bukit Timah GRC) asked the House to put on record the officers' bravery.

DPM Teo defended the ground commander that night after Mr Vikram Nair (Sembawang GRC) pointed out the COI had criticised Deputy Assistant Commissioner Lu Yeow Lim. Without naming DAC Lu, DPM Teo said while people can make an analysis of the incident after the fact, he has to assess the judgment officers make on the ground. "So I evaluate the actions of the commanders and the officers that night and I do not find them wanting."

[email protected]*

This article was first published on July 08, 2014.
Get a copy of The Straits Times or go to straitstimes.com for more stories.

Really, "men and women who performed outstandingly on the night of the Little India riot" :eek::confused:
Quell the riot that night :oIo::kma:
The riot was not quell that night.
The SOC was late and the riot just fizzle out when the SOC arrive at the scene.

"I do not find them wanting."

Video clips below shows otherwise.

Police hiding in ambulance and running away
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2BzQcyHrlKo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Angry Mob, no police in sight
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Hnath5KCNfo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Police cars being flipped
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Hnath5KCNfo?start=185" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You are lucky, you get honoured with a PARK BENCH, where the birds can sit on, some people bums....& be special, "some love making session"...!! that is for bravery....you run away from rioters, you get your chief to come down with cakes & medal??

Before the park bench, it was just a memorial stone that lies a few metres from the Nicoll Highway collapse site for "Hero Heng" - foreman Heng Yeow Peow, who lost his life helping colleagues to safety a decade ago. Till this day his body still lies unrecovered under Nicoll Highway.

Last edited:

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
fooking blardy joke?

and all i read this days is how much deniese phua has done

where are u when i have to call 999
to move the vomitting drunks from the area
?
when i have to tell the people who are drinking to move off from my back lane?

etc etc etc

i need to shout it from the roof tops all i have done for my street but i dont earn at least 15k a mth

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You got to be kidding me....

They're doing whatever they can to boost the very low morale of the poodles.

Here's another example: buying them breakfast. :rolleyes:

PM_Lee_Home_Team.jpg

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We should only honour those that carried out voluntary action above and beyond the call of duty.

If they are just doing their jobs or carrying out orders, why should they be honoured?

SAMMMYBOY

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about SCDF LT. Tiffany Neo who shielded the bus driver and timekeeper and attended to the victim and another colleague?