• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which Rubber Is The Best - how to choose a good and suitable rubber

KNNBGCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in sinkland where the driving conditions aren't varied like snow for eg any brand of tires will do right?

Joe is trying to tell us he got money drive car, so much money until the tire also must be very particular whereas mere mortals like us only take public transport or make do with any tire if we do drive.

Wah siao liao....later sure kena hammer by Joetys :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Joe is trying to tell us he got money drive car, so much money until the tire also must be very particular whereas mere mortals like us only take public transport or make do with any tire if we do drive.

Wah siao liao....later sure kena hammer by Joetys :biggrin:

Kns I come back Singapore also same same suck thumb take MRT, you didn't see my posts on MRT meh?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Joe. The most important thing is to change the tyres often. Nothing beats a new set. Don't use tyres till they're 80% worn. I change mine at about 50% wear which means every 30,000 km or so or less depending on your driving style.

Trying to squeeze all the legal life out of tyres is not worth the savings. Your life and that of your loved ones depends on 4 rubber contact points.

I would never do 120kph on a set of tyres with only a couple of mm of tread left. It's suicidal in the wet.

Yes, if only every drivers know that their tyres are the only form of contact between machine and road they will not want to squeeze every penny out of an old tyre nor base their choice on price without reviewing what they are buying. I had just been informed that there is another choice also from Michelin, Pilot Super Sport but its too expensive at $580 per rubber, crazy.

KNNBGCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kns I come back Singapore also same same suck thumb take MRT, you didn't see my posts on MRT meh?

Yeah, you were saying that you got bored of driving and wanted to try something new. Maciam like emperor stay in palace sian liao, come out to the town to play play :biggrin:

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My rubber had done 36,000km so far and I am planning to change them. How does one choose a good tyre? Currently this Dunlop comes with the car and I am not so happy with it as during rain and wet condition I tend to have this "don't feel safe and no confidence while cornering" feeling. I guess it slipped a few times when condition was wet.

I have been using Michelin PS2 and Primacy 2 previously and I have to say I like them, now Michelin has PS3 and Primacy 3. However since I am planning to change I thought I like to hear from some of your views. My concern to choose a new type is good road holding in wet condition (its raining season now and most of you know how its like here when it rains) and the other thing I am looking for is quietness. I know from past experience good road holding will be noise while quiet rubber are not good in wet condition as there is a tradeoff. So far I find PS2 is very well balanced and I liked it but if there is another choice I will go for it.

One thing for sure I have no idea now to read the specs:

Michelin PS3 - http://www.michelin.co.th/then/Products-Services/Car-SUV-LT/passenger_car/PILOT_SPORT_3.html

Michelin Primacy 3 - http://www.michelin.co.th/then/Products-Services/Car-SUV-LT/passenger_car/PRIMACY_3_ST.html

I'm currently using Toyo Proxes T1 Sports, this is pretty good.

Previously was using Michelin PS3, that was pretty good as well.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I'm currently using Toyo Proxes T1 Sports, this is pretty good.

Previously was using Michelin PS3, that was pretty good as well.

Ok bro thanks, I heard many good review about PS3 being quiet and great handling so this could be it for me

lee6100

Alfrescian
Loyal
Continental Sport Contact 2 (CSC 2) as mentioned by eatshitanddie. Good all round performer, wet and dry, good handling. Road noise depends on where you are; on some expressways where the surface is worn, some noise. Very quiet in the tunnels.

jw5

Loyal
Make sure that after you rub, you cannot see any more pencil marks. That is the hallmark of a good rubber. :rolleyes::biggrin:

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't forget to change your brake pads too.

Otherwise even the best tires cannot save you from failing brakes!!

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Be el-cheapo, go for retread or regroove (or combo). :p

michelin_%20New_Tyre+_Regroove+_Retread.jpg

[video=youtube;aWOrBOWaHhQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=SG&hl=en-GB&v=aWOrBOWaHhQ[/video]

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

That is why I value Joe as a member of this forum as he is one of the handful of members who I can relate to. He lives life to the fullest.

On the other hand, I find it very difficult to understand the loser mentality of people like you who put the blame for being a failure in life on the government instead of themselves.

If you want to drive a nice car with fancy tires, work for it.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This my favourite rubber too. :biggrin:
joetys said:
Bestest this one
Which reminds me of this (real story) sinkie newly posted to NY. Misplaced his eraser (undo his doodles at work?), and yelled to his chabor PA: where's my rubber??!

Nearly kena sexual harrasment, if not for the cultural speak for eraser (vs protection) :p